Sign ups

Idol War

Jungkook doesn't talk to his father for a few days. He knows it's immature, however he wants his father to understand how he feels. 

Auditions are in less than 2 weeks now and if Jungkook doesn't convince his dad, he'll be out of the running. 

As much as the boy is angry, he needs to stop ignoring his dad and start convincing.

~

Jungkook skips supper, staying in his room to start working on a song. He hasn't sung in a while so he thought he should start practising incase his father ends up changing his mind.

His mother and father had been fighting for a few days now, and it's all been about agreeing to let Jungkook go on idol war. He doesn't want to eat with them or be with them because they're always arguing. 

However it's all Jungkook's fault. 

Jungkook looks for a good song to sing, scrolling through YouTube until he finds on. The boys voice is a little rusty- as he choses the song monster by Big Bang to try and sing. His notes aren't completely sharp however they're much better than non-singers. 

Jungkook practises the song for an hour, figuring out his tone and adding a few extra notes to the song. As he's writing down one of his added notes, he's interrupted by a knock.

"What." Jungkook shouts, not getting up to open the door.

The door opens and Jungkook's father enters, walking over to the boys work desk where sheets are splayed everywhere. 

"Jeon Jungkook." 

Jungkook looks up to his dad, who's looking down at him with his normal tense face.

"I've made my decision." 

Jungkook drops the pencil in his hands and turns his attention further onto his father. 

"And...?"

"I'm allowing you to go on idol wars." His father says, finally. Jungkook's face lights up and he smiles big.

"Thank you!" Jungkook doesn't even ask his father why he changed his mind. He just appreciates the fact that the man probably gave up fighting with Jungkook and his mother. 

"However, I don't want this to affect your grades in any way. I know it's summer now, but this may drag out til school starts. Prioritize yourself." Jungkook listen to his father's speech and nods along, not quite listening because he's too excited about the news.

"Okay, I will! Now please leave so I can work on my audition piece!" Jungkook waves his father off, still smiling brightly as he watches his father's eyes widen.

"Alright." He says before turning and walking out. The second the door closes, Jungkook pulls out his phone and texts his friend Hoseok.

 

Jk: 
Hobi, my dad finally said yes about idol war! 

HS:
No wayyy!! Kyaaaa that's amazing Kook! I'll be watching you on Tv? Is this even real!

Jk: 
Ikr! Gtg i have to work on my audition song now!!

HS:
Okayy. Good luck Jungkookie!

 

Jungkook puts his phone down, smiling as he organizes his music sheets. He's motivated to get this audition right and as long as he stays focused, it's possible. 


~

In order to go to the auditions in less than 2 weeks, Jungkook has to sign up so the producers know who's agreed to the contract. 

So once his parents get home from work, Jungkook is rushing them right back out the door to drive him to the Idol War office where he'll meet the producer and sign some forms. This will indeed confirm that everything is real, that Jungkook is actually auditioning for a famous TV show.

"Come on Mom, hurry up." Jungkook complains near the doorway while he awaits his mother. She decided to make a cup of tea just as they were suppose to be leaving.

She quickly rushes to poor her steaming tea into a travel mug before following her son out the door. Jungkook's father stays home so he can continue some of his work. 

~

The Idol War office is only 20 Minutes from Jungkook's house, making it pretty easy for him and his mom.

When they enter the building, security fills the main hall, leading them to a desk for check in. 

"Name?" The lady behind the desk asks, looking from Jungkook's mom to Jungkook.

"Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook answers before his mother does, looking at her before directing his eyes back to the office lady.

"Great, just go to floor 5, room 32. The producer will be holding forms, I believe there's another contestant already speaking with him so you might have to wait." The lady points to the left where Jungkook spots the shiny elevator. 

Him and his mother thank the nice lady before walking across the clean white floor to the elevator. They get in and Jungkook presses the button, bringing them to the 5th floor. 

It's quiet in the elevator, and everything is spotless. Jungkook is scared to touch anything, worried he'll somehow dirty it. 

"So Jungkook-ah, are you excited?" Jungkook's mom asks, leaning her back on the wall of the elevator.

"Mm hmm." Jungkook mumbles, looking into the mirror to check his hair. He didn't really think about meeting the producer until now, and his nerves are starting to kick in. He was chosen for his looks, so he doesn't want to disappoint the producer by his lack of presence. 

The doors suddenly open, revealing the 5th floor. Jungkook's mom steps out first, Jungkook following closely behind. 

The floor looks just like the 1st, a big area with people behind a check in. Jungkook's mother asks the man behind the desk where room 32 is and he escorts both of them down the hallway. 

"It's right here. Are you Jeon Jungkook?" The man asks, looking at Jungkook. He has an ear piece in his ear and seems pretty busy with a clipboard in hand.

"Yeah." Jungkook watches as the man nods for them to enter the room, backing away while writing something on his clipboard.

Jungkook and his mother enter the room, feeling automatically surprised by what they see.

As they walk into the room, Jungkook sees all the lights and a few cameras surrounding a white screen. 

His nerves pick up, staring at all the technologie for the first time ever. Next to the bigger camera stands a man in a suit, holding a stack of papers. His attention is directed to someone in front of him. Jungkook averts his attention to the other person.

There's a boy talking with the producer, about the same age as Jungkook. He's standing with what seems to be his mother, eyes focusing on the man in front of them. 

Jungkook keeps his attention on the boy, not quite able to see his face however he can tell the boy is dressed very nice and his hair his styled. 

And Jungkook can tell this boy is one of the competitors. 

This boy is his competition.

 

 


We meet Taehyung next chapter!