Best friend

Idol War

Behind the door Jungkook reveals one of the competitors. 

And Jungkook is very surprised.


"H..Hoseok?" 

Hoseok doesn't give Jungkook anytime before he's jumping onto the younger, pulling him into an bear hug. Hoseok was always very fond of a skinship.

"Wh...why didn't you tell me you were competing?" Jungkook pushes the orange haired boy off of him so he an get a better look at his face.

"Well... I wanted to surprise you! Aren't you happy!" Hoseok smiles brightly, causing Jungkook to smile. He missed that smile.

"Of course! I always knew you'd be able to dance your way through an audition." Jungkook laughs, patting his friend on the back as he walks into the small dorm room.

Hoseok sits on Jungkook's bed, beckoning for the younger to sit next to him.

Jungkook takes a seat, feeling a little at ease that he has a friend with him now. 

Both boys talk about the competition a little bit and how hard it was for Hoseok to keep his mouth shut about passing the audition. 

"You know Kookie, this competition is going to be hard. It hasn't even started yet. Not really." Hoseok says, but his face still manages to show positivity. 

"I know.. but I want it. I really want to go far. To actually try." Jungkook looks at Hoseok, who's leaning on the back of his arms.

"Yeah, same. Even though you're my best friend, I still want to beat your talented ." Hoseok jokes, looking over to the younger boy. Jungkook laughs.

"Same."

"But let's make a deal. Between you and I, whoever does end up winning will get anything they want from the other. A wish to be granted." Hoseok wriggles his eyebrows.

"Deal." Jungkook nods, sticking out his hand for Hoseok to close in on. They handshake tightly, sealing the deal. 

"Now I have to go and think about what I want when I win." Hoseok laughs, pushing himself up from Jungkook's bed and heading to the door.

"Okay hyung. Make sure to rest well!" Jungkook says, Hoseok telling him to do the same.

"Sweet dreams Jungkook."

When the door shuts, Jungkook feels a little bit more lonely. His room is now too quiet and empty. He pushes himself further on his bed and grabs the TV remote. 

Jungkook suddenly remembers something. Idol War is broadcasted on Monday nights but plays re-runs every Sunday night. 

And it's a Sunday night.

Jungkook scrolls through the tv menu, trying his best to find the show. The re-run starts at 12am on the dot and it's now 11:58pm. 

Jungkook scrolls through cooking, anime and news until finally he finds what he was looking for. And right on time, he presses the show. 

This will be interesting to watch. 

Jungkook puts the remote down, just looking up at the screen when his phone rings.

"Ugh really?" Jungkook mumbles, looking down at his phone to see that Hoseok is calling him. Already.

"What is it Hobi?" Jungkook asks, focusing his attention back to the screen where the intro is now starting.

"Kim Taehyung, one of the competitors, invited all of us to watch our episode of Idol War in his room. You have to come! Room 224." Hoseok hangs up without letting Jungkook give an answer. 

The boy sighs, putting his phone down on his bed and looking back to the TV.

Should he go to Taehyung's room with everyone else? It would be weird not to. But...what if something happens? 

Jungkook rolls his eyes, shutting off the TV before grabbing his phone and slipping his feet into his slippers. 

Who am I kidding, what could possibly happen? 

~

Hoseok opens the door, letting Jungkook into Taehyung's dorm room. It looks identical to his own as he walks in, his eyes greeting six boys sitting on Taehyung's bed watching the TV, including the boy himself.

"Come on Jungkook." Hoseok smiles, pulling Jungkook's arm til the boy is following him to stand in front of the group of boys.

"Everyone, this is Jungkook." Hoseok says, introducing the boy. Jungkook waves shyly, his eyes stopping on each boy's face for a second until he reaches Taehyung's.

And the brown haired boy is looking right back at him, no smile to be seen.

"We've met." Taehyung says dryly, returning his eyes to the screen where Namjoon has appeared.

"Jungkook, we can introduce you later, right now let's watch our auditions." Hoseok says, dragging the boy to the bed so that he's sitting next to a shorter boy with black hair and a skinny pale boy with mint green hair. 

Jungkook accidentally hits the short boys knee as he sits down, apologizing right away. 

"No worries Jungkook! I'm Jimin by the way." Jimin whispers, shaking Jungkook's hand. Jungkook smiles, finding Jimin quite cute. However when he looks to his right, the mint haired boy is glaring harshly at him. 

"Uh..and you are..?" Jungkook tries to ask him however the boy just looks back to the screen.

"Watch the auditions and you'll find out." He says, and Jungkook just nods quickly.

All the boys focus their attention back to the screen where the first audition is shown. Hoseok's dance.

It's amazing, and Jungkook watches in awe as his best friend performs. Hoseok's smile is seen from the farthest cameras and every move flows with the other. 

Even the other boys in the room seem to watch in awe. Except for Taehyung, of course. Taehyung keeps his eyes glaring at the screen like lasers, not cracking even a hint of amusement. 

"Wow Hoseok, you're really good!" Jimin cheers, looking at Hoseok with hopeful eyes. 

And Jungkook can't even explain how scary the mint haired boys sudden glare is as he looks at Jimin. He must hate Jimin if he's looking at the boy like that.

Then again, Jungkook thought Taehyung hated him. 

Jungkook watches the mint haired boys performance and finds out his name is Yoongi. He raps and dances and it's quite impressive.

The next audition suddenly catches Jungkook's attention, as the man himself appears on stage. 


Stupid Kim Taehyung.


He picks up really well on TV and Jungkook curses him for that.

During the real audition, Jungkook was too nervous to actually watch the boys performance so he completely blocked it out. 

However now, as Jungkook watches the boy sing, he's almost seeing Taehyung for the first time.

The boy sings If You by Big Bang. It's smooth and he hits almost every beat perfectly. Now that Jungkook thinks about it, they both chose Big Bang songs. They both chose to sing instead of dancing or acting.

Maybe that's why Jungkook is considered Taehyung's rival. 

It's because they're head to head. They're performing the same kind of thing. 

 

 

They're being compared.