Round 3 pt.1

Idol War

 

"Wait, aren't you friends with Jungkook? Why would you tell me these things?" 

 

 

 

"It's.. it's complicated. I'm just...I don't want to pick sides anymore." 

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean anymore?"

 

 

 

 

"I've always been on Jungkook's side. But he never notices, never realizes I'm there. He never even notices all the things I do for him. So I'm helping you both out. Instead of putting all my energy into thinking about just Jungkook." 

 

 

Taehyung is slow to follow Hoseok's words, but he nods anyways. There's something more behind Hoseok's words-he can tell. 

 

 

"Alright Hoseok. Well thanks for your help. However from now on, I feel I should keep this between me and Jungkook." 

 

Hoseok looks down before nodding.

 

 

"Of course Tae."

 

 

 

 

~

 

Jungkook is quick to notice that Taehyung doesn't come to the meeting in studio A. He asks Hoseok if he knows anything but Hoseok just shakes his head.

 

"He just told me he wasn't feeling good." Hoseok says, shrugging. Jungkook feels bad when he thinks about, realizing it's all his fault.

 

However Jimin and Yoongi had helped him with the plan...hell they came up with it. And now, Jungkook knows he made Taehyung weak. He knows he has the control now.

 

"Make sure you remember the performance order. It'll be Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin and then Jungkook. Go pick out your outfits and please don't fight about it." Namjoon says, an earpiece in his ear as he speaks. When he's done talking he presses the earpiece and quickly walks away before answering a call. He's always really busy.

 

Jungkook and the others walk over to the backstage area where they find the racks of clothing for tonight.

 

Jungkook skims through some jeans, wanting to make his look original. He passes the black jeans, blue jeans and beige jeans. Grabbing the ripped white jeans, Jungkook feels satisfied. 

 

He then heads over to the shirt rack, which is a little more empty. Jimin and Hoseok already have their full outfits in their hands. Jungkook skins through a bunch of sparkly shirts, ripped shirts and long sleeves until he reaches the sweaters.

 

He looks through a few sweaters until he finds a long black sweater with a white stripe through the middle. The material of the shirt feels expensive and the white part is soft. Jungkook grabs it from the rack, agreeing that this is the perfect outfit. 

 

He brings his clothes to his room like the others do and then makes his way back down to grab some lunch. 

 

However Jungkook stops when he reaches Taehyung's dorm room, his feet stopping in front of the boys door. 

 

He wants to knock, or maybe check on the boy. 

 

However Jungkook also wants to leave him be, hoping he won't be in good condition to sing tonight. 

 

However Jungkook doesn't know if he really feels that way or if he's trying to feel that way. Because for some reason- every time he thinks about last night, Jungkook is completely guilt ridden. 

 

Jungkook continues to walk, ignoring the caring part of him that feels bad. He meets up with Yoongi and Jimin for lunch.

 

~

 

"So, it didn't quite go as planned. Did you get anything out of him?" Jimin asks, curious as to what exactly happened last night. Jungkook watches his words as he speaks.

 

"Hmm... he didn't say much while he was drunk. He was just laughing a lot and he was more...clingy." Jungkook remembers the boy holding Jungkook tightly his chest, or his lips Jungkook's neck..

 

"What do you mean clingy?" Jimin asks, suddenly feeling curious. 

 

"Uhh nothing he was just telling me I was cute and saying weird stuff like that." Jungkook brushes it off, his face turning slightly coloured when he thinks about Taehyung stripping his shirt off and keeping his dark eyes on Jungkook.

 

"Taehyung said that? That's weird, he usually only says the truth when he's drunk." Jimin's eyes widen the second his words come out.

 

"Hey Jimin!" Jungkook tells and Jimin waves his hands in mercy.

 

"I didn't mean you aren't cute. I meant, he really thinks you're cute, drunk or not. Anyways, did you find his weakness?" Jimin asks and Jungkook is starting not to know what that word really means.

 

How is he suppose to find someone's weakness. Just because they get drunk doesn't mean they're going to automatically spill everything.

 

Jimin seems to spot Jungkook's confusion because he elaborates.

 

"Did he talk about anything specific? Like being nervous before performing or... maybe having a lucky charm? Did he show any emotions about something specifically?" 

 

Jungkook's mind suddenly fills with pictures of Taehyung, laying underneath him breathing heavily. Quiet, breathless moans escaping his mouth as he looked up at Jungkook, a small smirk formed on his mouth.

 

"No." Jungkook fidgets in his seat, looking down at his lap instead of locking eyes with Jimin and Yoongi

 

"Are you sure?" Yoongi asks, startling Jungkook. He looks up and nods.

 

"Yeah. Nothing really happened. I didn't notice anything that different about him." Jungkook says, internally slapping himself for lying.

 

"Alright. Well, I think you're going to have a great performance today Jungkook. And since Taehyung's pretty hungover, maybe he won't sing as well. Don't get me wrong, I like Taehyung but this competition went to his head and I want him out of it. He's better without it." Jimin has a bit of guilt on his face and Jungkook seems to notice a bit of hesitation in his speech.

 

"You know, you don't have to try and turn on him Jimin." Jungkook says.

 

"It's not that in turning on him. I just...I feel it's better if he doesn't win. I don't want his ego to get so high he forgets about the real things in life." Jimin says, Jungkook nodding. 

 

The three boys finish up their food, Yoongi paying the bill before they get up and leave.

 

Their performances are in a few hours so they head back to the idol war building where everyone is busy getting preparations in order.

 

~

 

Namjoon brings all the boys backstage, telling them to wait there while he looks for Taehyung.

 

The boy wasn't seen by anyone all day, even Hoseok. Jungkook was a little happy about that because he's scared to actually face Taehyung. However he's had all day to prepare.

 

Hoseok stretches backstage with Jimin. Yoongi has his earphones in, going over his rap in his head and Jungkook isn't quite sure what to do.

 

He stretches a bit and practises some bits of his song while waiting for Namjoon to come back.

 

The show is starting in less than 10 minutes and all the producers are pretty antsy.

 

When Namjoon comes back to the backstage area, everyone seems to relax a little. 

 

However Jungkook spots Taehyung trudging behind the producer. His head is down and he tries to ignore all gazes as he walks with the older. 

 

Jungkook notices that the boys face is pale and he looks like he could be sick at any moment. 

 

"Alright, all of you stay here. Remeber the order, Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin and then Jungkook. I'll be going on soon so I suggest you all stay backstage so I don't have to go through the trouble of looking for you through commercial breaks." Namjoon sighs, wishing each boy good luck before making his way onto the stage where the show is just starting.

 

And Jungkook looks to Taehyung, who takes a seat on one of the chairs in front of a mirror, leaning his head back and closing his eyes.

 

Now's his time to talk.