Dinner

Idol War

"Don't work too hard." Namjoon says to Jungkook before passing him the mic.

 

It's 6am and rehearsals have just started. Jungkook is first to get on stage, wanting to get his rehearsal in nice and early so he has time to fix everything up. 

 

His music starts, and it's a strange feeling to hear a song that no one else has heard before. After long consideration, the boy even decided to name the song. 

 

He calls it "I need you."

 

Because that's the whole chorus. Jungkook isn't quite sure where he found the emotion to write this song, but when he sings it, he always gets shivers. 

 

Especially when he's on the stage, performing it in front of Namjoon.

 

Jungkook half asses the choreo, not wanting to break a sweat throughout. And when he looks up to see if Namjoon is skeptical, the boy is actually the opposite.

 

His eyes are glowing as he watches Jungkook perform, a big wide smile on his face that brings out the boys dimple.

 

Jungkook finishes releasing his song and awaits for Namjoon's critics.

 

The older grabs the mic, staying seated in one of the judges chairs while he speaks.

 

"Jungkook-ah. You've really improved. And matured. That was really impressive, good job." Namjoon says, and Jungkook smiles widely.

 

He expects Namjoon to say more, maybe give him advice, but the older just puts the mic down and stands up.

 

"Is that all?" Jungkook asks suddenly, causing Namjoon to look back up to the stage.

 

"Yes Jungkook. I honestly couldn't find anything bad." He says before continuing to walk til he reaches the backstage door near the stage.

 

Jungkook smirks. 

 

~

 

The three boys get taken out to dinner with Namjoon for a delicious supper.

 

And Jungkook assumes he can relax and dive into his food without paying attention to manners, however Namjoon's boss joins them in dinner, wanting to meet the three boys.

 

It's a little tense at first, and Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok all sit on the opposing side of the producers. They're stiff in their seats.

 

"It's nice meeting you all. You have some real talent and I hope Kim Namjoon is treating you well." The man in the suit says, causing the three boys to shake their heads vigorously.

 

"Great. Then if you don't mind, dig in! This steak is the best around" He says while grabbing his glass full of champagne and sipping it delicately.

 

Hoseok and Namjoon also enjoy their champagne since they're the age to drink it. Whereas Taehyung and Jungkook sip their coke.

 

"This ." Taehyung whispers while putting his glass down and staring at the coke like it offended him. 

 

"Yeah. And it's not like we haven't drunk alcohol before." Jungkook whispers back, turning his eyes to meet Taehyung's as a smirk splays itself across his mouth.

 

Taehyung actually stops breathing for a second when he remembers.

 

"Where'd you get the vodka anyways?" Taehyung questions once remembering boy must have snuck it into his room.

 

"Yoongi." 

 

"Of course." Taehyung rolls his eyes.

 

"You know...I still have the bottle." Jungkook suddenly says to the boy, talking a little louder now that Namjoon is busy in conversation with Hoseok and his boss.

 

And Taehyung seems to take his time to actually think about it.

 

"No. Especially not right before finals. That's sabotage." Taehyung retorts.

 

"You're right." Jungkook sighs. He's not sure what he's going to do tonight to make sure Taehyung looses some power. He's somewhat lost motivation to make Taehyung weak. 

 

Jungkook was talking to Jimin last night and the boy was telling him Taehyung is a lucky guy. That he usually wins every competition he tries for. And Jimin told Jungkook that he would have to make a move tonight if he really wanted Taehyung to back down.

 

And Jungkook knows exactly what he can do. It's something that had thought to be considered, but he's been thinking about it for a while now. However alcohol was a part of it. But he doesn't necessarily need the alcohol to get Taehyung into what he's going to do.

 

And it's not something that only benefits one. 

 

~

 

The rest of the dinner is kind of boring for the three boys, as they finish their steak and watch their producers talking. Namjoon's boss asks them a few questions and makes them a little uncomfortable before deciding he likes the three boys.

 

"Well, I should let you all go and rest for the big day. It was nice meeting you." He says while shaking their hands and saying his goodbye to Namjoon.

 

That leaves them four.

 

"It's time to head home, boys, please get some rest. There's no curfew tonight because I trust you'll want to get your sleep and I'm too lazy to check up on you. Please respect it." Namjoon says while standing himself up and beckoning the boys to follow him. 

 

They walk out of the very fancy restaurant and Namjoon drives them home.

 

After separating into their dorms, Jungkook takes a shower, freshening himself up and jumping into his bed while he waits for the right time.

 

The right time to text Taehyung.