Finals pt.2

Idol War

The boys all perform their first performance. "I need you" is a big hit for the crowd and they seem to love Jungkook's written song. It leaves the crowd almost speechless, and Namjoon says that's a good sign. Jungkook is quite emotional after singing his original song and he feels a moment of enlightenment when he realizes how far he's come.

 

How much better he's become. 

 

Hoseok's performance is amazing, and Jungkook's mouth is open wide as he watches the boy move from backstage. He has really improved over these last few weeks. The judges seem just as happy, and Jungkook is proud.

 

Zion T performs right after, mesmerizing the crowd and the competitors. Jungkook stops practising every once in a while just to watch his Hyung perform, amazed by his stage presence.

 

However Jungkook is quickly woken to reality when Namjoon comes up to him and tells him to grab his mic. 

 

Its time.

 

"Good luck out there Jungkook." Namjoon hugs Jungkook tightly, like a fatherly embrace that Jungkook's been missing for a while now.

 

"Thanks Namjoon Hyung." Jungkook backs away first, taking a shaky breath before Namjoon beckons for him to follow to the stage area.

 

Zion T walks off stage, looking breathless as he walks by the two of them.

 

"Good luck Jungkook!" He says when their eyes meet. Jungkook's face automatically lights up. His idol just wished him good luck.

 

"Thanks! You did great Hyung!" Jungkook is cheery as the older Thanks him and shakes his hand. Namjoon laughs when he sees how star struck Jungkook is. 

 

They make their way to the edge of the stage, Jungkook waiting in place as Namjoon makes his way on stage to present the next performance.

 

"You can do this Jungkook." Jungkook hears a quiet voice from behind him, and when he looks, he sees Hoseok and Taehyung standing quite a ways from Jungkook. However they're both smiling and giving him thumbs up and Jungkook's bunny toothed smile comes out, the one everyone loves.

 

He nods to them before turning his attention back to the stage, where he hears his name being called.

 

Jungkook walks onto the stage with his microphone, walking right passed Namjoon and nodding to the producer before he finds himself in the middle of the stage. All alone.

 

It's almost lonely being up there, even though Jungkook stands in front of thousands-millions of people. 

 

"Jungkook! Jungkook!!"

 

Jungkook can hear his name being called hundreds of times as he waits for his music to start. And that's when Jungkook knows, this is where he wants to be. Exactly in this moment. 

 

And as his eyes scan the crowd, the boys catches eyes with his family, sitting in the front row with big smiles on their faces.

 

He excitedly waves to them, before his music starts and he focuses back to the song. His eyes dart to the cameras in front of him and he makes eye contact with each camera before beginning to sing.

 

 

 

"When it comes...to you" Jungkook's eyes shut while he sings, his dance memorized after thousands of practises.

 

He thinks about each word he sings, filling each sentence with emotion.

 

"Let's take both of our souls, and intertwine." 

 

Jungkook smiles while singing, feeling passionate about his performance as he earns some big smiles from the judges. One of them stands up while he's singing, giving the boy a standing ovation.

 

And Jungkook wants to cry from joy, feeling like this stage is where he belongs in this moment. His moves are sharp and his breath is steady as he gives it his all. He's glowing up on stage and everyone can tell. 

 

And it ends all too fast, as Jungkook reaches the end of his performance, closing up with a strong note that leaves everyone off of their seats.

 

A full standing ovation. Jungkook opens his eyes to see the entire stadium on their feet, clapping, crying and cheering.

 

And Jungkook feels his own self start to cry, a tear just threatening to fall out of his eyes. He bows to the crowd, taking in the moment with a breath before quickly running off stage before the cameras have time to catch his sudden pool of tears. 

 

And Hoseok is the first to greet the boy, bringing him into a big bear hug when he's just leaving the stage. It's comforting and it's all Jungkook needs in this moment.

 

 

"Jungkook you did so well!" He says cheerfully, and Jungkook's face is hidden in the boys shoulder but he can still hear him holding in a sniffle.

 

Hoseok is easy to get emotional so Jungkook wouldn't be surprised if he was crying too.

 

"Thanks Hobi." Jungkook pulls away eventually, wiping his tears before anyone see's him crying.

 

"Jungkook can we talk quickly!" A crew member holding a big camera comes up to Jungkook with a few other people holding mic's and lights. Jungkook's eyes widen as they crowd him, his breathing deepening.

 

"Uhh sure." Number one rule in show business according to Namjoon- never say no to an interviewer if you want to be liked. 

 

"Okay, please just stand in front of the camera, right here, yep perfect." The crew man adjusts Jungkook's position before the other man with the mic stands next to the competitor. Jungkook wipes his tears away and sniffles a little. The camera man does a quick countdown before nodding off for them to start.

 

"Hello, I'm here with Idol Wars Jeon Jungkook. Did you just watch his performance of 2U? It was amazing! Jungkook when did you start singing? You have an amazing talent."  The mic is suddenly under Jungkook's mouth and he looks up to the camera, a glint in his eyes as he hides his emotions.

 

"Thank you very much. I started singing when I was eight. After that I did it for fun, not really believing I could go anywhere with it. But now, here I am!" Jungkook says, feeling slightly fake as he smiles to the camera but the man behind it seems to be enjoying every word.

 

They ask Jungkook a few more questions before the boy spots a few familiar faces in the corner of his eye.

 

5 people are walking together, closing in on where Jungkook is standing. Jungkook's face lights up when he watches Taehyung leading the group, walking slightly quicker as he walks over to Jungkook. 

 

"Excuse me, Jeon Jungkook is needed and he's a very busy boy. If you don't mind, I'll be taking him back" Taehyung suddenly appears in front of the camera before grabbing the boys hand and pulling him out of the frame.

 

"Hey we still had two questions!" The crew man yells but Taehyung doesn't even turn back to look at him. He just smirks.

 

"Taehyung what are you-"

 

"Jungkookie long time no see!" Jungkook is suddenly greeted with Jimin, Jin, and Suga, Hoseok and Taehyung next to him.

 

Jungkook opens his mouth to speak but Jin comes up to him suddenly pulls him into a hug. 

 

"Jungkook you sang great! Are you ready to perform again?" Jin says, reminding the boy that they had a performance to do, one they barely even practised.

 

"..yeah I guess." Jungkook giggles, not even noticing Taehyung's arm around him. He looks to the side, making eye contact with the brown haired boy and noticing something strange in the boys face.

 

Almost...possessiveness. And Jungkook isn't sure where it's coming from.

 

"Don't make him too nervous, he just got off stage." Taehyung mumbles and Jimin looks at his friend with surprise.

 

"You guys should be getting ready, you're going on in a minute." One of the crew members comes up to the boys, causing all of them to gasp.

 

", we gotta go!" Taehyung suddenly contradicts himself, taking his arm off of Jungkook's shoulder and running to the edge of the stage where the rest of the boys head to. 

 

Jungkook huffs.