Finals

Idol War

Jungkook wears tight leather pants, a black v-neck and a white leather jacket over his shirt. He also chooses to wear black timberlands, instead of his usual beige ones.

 

Jungkook is feeling nervous as he's being styled up, the stylist touching up his makeup and fixing his hair.

 

The boy hasn't seen Hoseok all day, or Taehyung. He'd been rushed out of the dance studio, all the way to the small backstage area where makeup and wardrobe is done.

 

Taehyung was in the middle of an interview when Jungkook passed by the boy. And Hoseok was no where to be seen.

 

Jungkook tries not to let his mind wander anymore because the competition starts in half an hour and the crowd is already completely full. 

 

Namjoon had told Jungkook that the tickets for the show were sold out quicker than ever, only making the boy more nervous.

 

Jimin, Jin and the rest of the other boys are suppose to come back this episode as they perform a group number. The number is just for fun so Jungkook hasn't had it on his mind recently. However he also hadn't spent much time practising for their group number, and now it seems to be catching up to him.

 

"Can you get me the lyrics for the Not Today performance?" Jungkook asks one of the crew members that's handing him a water bottle. He nods and quickly rushes past a few camera men and crew members. 

 

Jungkook sighs, looking at himself in the mirror and collecting his thoughts.

 

The order of performances is the three boys first performing their new songs. After that, Hoseok, then special guest Zion T. After him, Jungkook will perform. Then all of them will do the group number, and Taehyung will perform after that.

 

Hoseok suddenly enters the room, seeming in a rush as many crew members tell the boy to hurry up and take a seat to get makeup done.

 

He takes the seat next to Jungkook, not looking at the boy as he does so.

 

Jungkook feels a little awkward. He's unsure what to do about the situation so when he's done being styled, he gets up from his chair and glances at Hoseok in the mirror.

 

They meet eyes and Jungkook smiles. However it's more of a pity smile and Hoseok smiles back but it's weak and Jungkook can tell.

 

Jungkook wants to pretend Hoseok's words don't exist, only because he doesn't want to see the bright boy become dim. 

 

He doesn't want to break his best friends heart. Not like this, not ever. 

 

Jungkook leaves the backstage area, his tight pants being hard to move in as he walks down the stairs. Everything is so loud and Jungkook can already hear the crowd cheering even though nothing's happening.

 

As Jungkook's quickly walking out of the dark area, he doesn't watch where he's going and suddenly bangs right into another person. 

 

Jungkook stumbles back quite a bit, but an arm quickly reaches out to catch him from falling.

 

Jungkook apologetically looks up, before catching Taehyung's big, brown eyes.  

 

His heart starts pounding and he looks down at Taehyung's hand, firmly gripping his wrist. The boy loosens his hand slightly when Jungkook is standing straight.

 

"S..sorry." Jungkook mutters, looking up at the brown haired boy. And Taehyung rolls his eyes before letting go of Jungkook's arm.

 

"Watch where you're going." He says, and Jungkook for a second believes Taehyung is actually mad. However a small smile forms on the boys face and Jungkook still isn't used to it. 

 

"Show is starting in 5, stand by." One of the crew members rushes past the boys and is barely heard as his quick words pass by them both.

 

And Jungkook feels his heart start beating all over again.

 

"." Jungkook huffs, looking down at his hands which seem to be shaking slightly from his nerves.

 

As he's looking down at his hands though, Taehyung takes a step in, and reaches out his own hands to connect them to Jungkook's. He intertwines their hands together and looks up to the black haired boy with seriousness.

 

"Don't be nervous Jungkook-ah. They love you." Taehyung says, and Jungkook somehow feels comfort from his words.

 

He squeezes Taehyung's hands and looks back up to the boy.

 

"Thanks Taehyung. Good luck." Jungkook says, and Taehyung smiles before releasing his hands from Jungkook's.

 

"You too Kook." Taehyung pats the boy on his shoulder, his hand lingering there a few seconds too long before he walks past the black haired boy, heading into the dark. 

 

Jungkook releases a breath, closing his eyes as he tries to control his emotions.

 

Even though him and Taehyung are rivals, Jungkook can't help but feel guilty. For everything.

 

 

 

 

And Jungkook can't help but stress over the fact that he's begun to catch feelings, feelings that might never be reciprocated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But there's no time to think about that. No time to think about anyone but himself.

 

 

Now's the time to be winning this competition.