Haru haru

Idol War

Jungkook takes a few deep breaths, jumping up and down as Namjoon speaks to the very, very large crowd.

The auditions of Idol War never had an extraordinary amount of people, however tonight Jungkook would definitely say the numbers have tripled. 

"Now, Jeon Jungkook will show you his performance to the song U2 by David Guetta." 

The crowd cheers loudly as Namjoon heads off of the stage. He makes his way towards where Jungkook is standing. 

With a comforting pat on the back, Namjoon wishes the boy good luck. Jungkook smiles before walking onto the bright stage, the lights blinding him as he goes.

He stops in the middle where the microphone sits. Before grabbing it, Jungkook shyly looks up to the giant crowd, his heart picking up. The judges watch his every move. 

Jungkook finally grabs the mic, just as the music starts. He takes a deep breath, looks up to the crowd, the cameras and judges, before hitting the first note.

Jungkook believes that once the first note is perfect, the rest of the performance will be good. And with his first note fulfilling that promise, Jungkook gains the confidence that this will be his best performance. 

The rest of the competitors wait backstage, watching Jungkook perform with keen eyes. 

The blue shirt really shows up well on camera and Jungkook makes sure his chest is nicely exposed, for viewers sake. 

Once the beat picks up, Jungkook begins to add his dance, causing the crowd to automatically cheer louder. Jungkook smiles, continuing his dance while focusing on his vocals. 

Everything comes together and even though Jungkook feels sweaty and nervous, something about looking out to the smiling crowd makes him feel like he belongs on stage.

It makes him feel like he has no regrets, about anything. 

He feels completely and utterly free. 

The song ends all too fast and even though Jungkook's face drips of sweat, he still has all the energy in the world. 

The crowd explodes with cheers, some people erupting from their seats as they applaud the 17 year old boy. 

With his bunny toothed smile, Jungkook bows to the crowd and waves them off while quickly making his way off stage, allowing Namjoon to go to commercial break. 

Jungkook steps off, immediately being greeted by crew who hand him water and towels and food. Jungkook waves them off, only grabbing the towel to wipe his sweating face.

He pulls out his earpiece and walks by the many crew until seeing the next competitor standing near the stage, all alone.

Taehyung paces back and forth, seemingly going over his lyrics as he walks. He looks lost in his own world and it's kind of a cute look on him.

Jungkook wishes the boy was actually like this with him, but he knows they're rivals. And as a rival, Jungkook knows that he can't let his guard down.

However right now, Taehyung's guard is completely down. And Jungkook knows that he can mess with the boy, right when he's at his weakest state.


Jungkook hands one of the crew members his sweaty towel before quickly running over to Taehyung who's hidden in the corner. 

His eyes are closed as he's focused on his lyrics and Jungkook takes advantage by creeping up behind the boy. He leans in so that his lips are just close enough to Taehyung's ear. 

"Forget your lyrics already?" Jungkook whispers, causing Taehyung to jump. The boy whips his head around faster than ever and he faces Jungkook with wide eyes.

"Wh..no? I'm just practising." The boy seems to get defensive very quickly and Jungkook internally smiles.

"Good.. because if you are going to beat me, you'll have to try pretty hard. I'm sure it's hard to impress the judges after my performance. Especially with me dancing and wearing this shirt." Jungkook lowers his voice like Taehyung normally does, and he notices a small change in Taehyung's face.

Like the boy is getting nervous, however it's really hard to tell with Taehyung.

"I think mine is still better." Taehyung turns so that his eyes are looking at the stage now instead of Jungkook.

"You think? You used to tell me that you know it's better. I guess you lost some confidence." Jungkook jokes, deciding to stop after this last blow.

"Jungkook.."

Taehyung turns to face Jungkook again, his face looking very different than usual. His eyes are soft and his expression is almost... sincere?

Jungkook suddenly feels bad, maybe the boy was just trying to cope with his nerves this whole time. Jungkook softens his own face as he looks at Taehyung.

"Yeah?" Jungkook asks, waiting for Taehyung to reveal his softer side. The brown haired boy leans in, so close to Jungkook's face that their noses almost touch.

"I will win." Taehyung's voice isn't agressive however it's almost threatening as he quickly backs away and turns his body. Jungkook stumbles back a little by surprise. He was totally caught off guard by the way Taehyung was suddenly acting.

The brown haired boy caught him off guard... again! 

Now Jungkook knows he has to try much, much harder if he wants to get the boy to show his weakness.


But first, Jungkook has to find the boys weakness.

 

 

p