Another Path

Road to Debut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was a disappointing but somehow 'fruitful' day for Kim Ji Soo. Monthly evaluations were the worst nightmares for trainees. The scrutinizing gaze of Sajangnim and the rest of the higher-ups of YG was unbearable. However, some monthly evaluations were changed to video tests instead, sending their performance video directly to YG, skipping the judging stares of people. Even so, the worst part of both evaluations is the feedback given by Sajangnim himself, either by physical feedback or through the digital world.

Every trainee has at least gone through once of YG's harsh but true words. Even the better trainees were not spared because one could never be 100% ready for debut. Those who cannot take the psychological test with YG will leave. Those that stay understood that YG's feedbacks are the most objective and are in their best interest.

Many trainees suffer from his verbal 'attacks' in many forms. Such as, "you're really not cut out to be an artist", or "you should give up on singing", or even worse "you have no talent". The feedbacks vary for trainees, as everyone had different strengths and weaknesses.

For Jisoo's case, because her team is almost complete or going to be complete, YG was especially scrutinizing at their weak points in order for them to work on them instead of working on their strengths which are almost perfect.

"Jisoo-ah, you've joined us for almost a year now. Your dancing has improved. Lisa has been helping you?" YG inquired in the presence of the four of them.

"Y-Yes." The oldest couldn't help but stutter. YG's presence was too nerve wrecking.

"Your voice is not suited for rapping I can understand." YG stopped for a while as Jisoo had her breath stuck in .

"But now that Chaeyoung is here, I expect you to work even harder so that your vocal prowess can match up to hers. Currently, I feel that Jennie's voice is better than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter