JaeSa

Lovely Lisa

Hi there, Lisa here! So basically I'm going to bore you with my not so interesting life. Still want to read? Well then continue and don't say I didn't warn you!

It all began on the spring of March 27, 1998. That day a chubby little girl was born. She came out with a big smile and lots of hair. Her parents loved her from the very moment they saw her pop out. They held her in their arms and called her Park Lisa. After spending a week in the hospital they eventually went home where her big brother was waiting patiently for her. As soon as the little boy saw his younger sister he broke out into a heap of laughter. "She's so fat! I thought you said babies were tiny!" He said to his beloved parents, who gave him a glare.

"Jimin, she is tiny, just a little chubby. She's not fat. Now promise Eomma you'll be good to her arraso?" His mother bent down and told her 3 year old son while his father hid his smile. The little boy nodded. From that day on he would help take care of her, and also as she grew older, annoy her just like any other brothers would.

Lisa lived a happy life. She got money from the tooth fairy when she placed her broken teeth underneath her pillow and got presents from Santa on Christmas morning. Her life was pretty much normal until a family moved right besides them. Her mom had baked chocolate cookies to welcome their new neighbors and dragged Jimin and Lisa along. "I hear they have a son around your age Lisa. You be good to him okay?"

She nodded but not really hearing what her mother said. Instead of listening she was concentrated on her game. "One more level and I'll be victorious! Ha! In your face Park Jimin!" Having concentrated on the game so much she didn't see the uneven sidewalk. "No!"

"Aigoo. What happened Lisa?" Her mother asked her. "Are you hurt dear?"

She shook her head. "Then why are you crying?"

"I lost the last level!" 

Her mother gave her a confused look then sighed. Her daughter hung around her brother too much! Ever since an early age Lisa refused to wear dresses, have her hair done, or do anything she deemed girly. Instead she wore pants and shorts, left her hair unbothered, and with her mother's plead kept it long. Instead of playing with Barbie dolls and princesses, she liked to play zombie apocalypse and soccer with her brother and the neighborhood boys. "Don't worry sweetie, I'll buy you a new one."

Well that worked. The little girl stood up and gave her mother the sweetest smile she could. "Ring the bell dear." Jimin ranged and when it opened it showed a cute little boy with deep dimples. "Eomma! Appa! We have guests! Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Jaehyun ibnida."

And ever since that day Lisa and Jaehyun have been inseparable. Like two peas in a pod they stuck around each other. They fought a lot. And I mean a lot. 

 

"Ya Jung Jaehyun you pig! Stop eating my food! I will kill you with my bare hands if I have to! And I mean it!"

Jaehyun gave his best friend an innocent smile before running for his life. "I'm sorry Lisaaaaa! I was just sooo hungryyyy! Forgive your bestest friend on earthhh?"

Running as fast as his legs would take him JaeHyun screamed his apology not wanting to die just yet. "I forgive you. "

He stopped. "You do? Wow that was easy." Wait, Lisa would never forgive him so easily. Maybe if it was something else but when it came to food, she was your worst nightmare. Something was off.  "Ouch. Ow ow ow!"

He was right. She was now dragging him by the ears across the playground and to the nearest store. "I forgive you. Now buy me whatever I want to eat."

He rubbed his poor red ears that did nothing except be attach to him. He groaned. Buying Lisa whatever she wanted to eat meant his week worth of allowance would be spot clean. "Ugh. You eat too much though!" Bad idea. Pabo Jaehyun.

"Are you calling me fat? You ugly monkey! You're buying or what?" She gave him a look that sent shivers down his spine. He sagged his shoulders in defeat. 

"Fine. Let me eat too?"

 

In their 11 years of friendship Lisa had never gone out with a guy once even though they all tried. Everyday guys would flock at her locker and give her presents of some sort. She'd smile and thank them, but never would use them. She would give it to her friends or some random person she saw on the streets. She wasn't the prettiest girl in school. No. That was Tzuyu. She wasn't the smartest. That was Yeri. She wasn't the most athletic. That was Seolhyun. She wasn't the nicest. That was Saeron. If she was neither of those then why did guys like her so much?

Because she was a combination of all of them. She was pretty, smart, athletic, nice and full of swag. Sure, she hung around boys and acted like them most of the time, but having guys fall at her feet reminded him that she was still a girl nonetheless. So why hadn't she gone out with anyone yet? Even the almighty Oh Sehun had asked her out and she rejected him. In the nicest way possible. OMO! "Ya Lisa! Do you like girls?"

She turned around and gave him the scariest face possible. "What in the world is wrong with you? Is your brain made up of stuffings?"

As soon as her hand contacted his skin he felt the pain. "Ouch Park! Why so violent?"

"Because you're the dumbest person Iv'e met!"

"You've met other dumb people like me before? Introduce!" She facepalmed herself. How in the world did she end up with him as a best friend?

"Nevermind."

"Okay." He shrugged then remembered what he was going to ask her. "But seriously. Do you like girls?"

"Why would you think that?"

"Because you've never shown any interest in any guy before! Duh!" He said it like it was the most obvious thing ever. 

She sighed. When would he ever notice her? "Even if I do like them, I would never tell you."

"Why not? Guys share secrets all the time."

Right. The only thing he saw her was as one of the guys and his bestfriend. Sure she didn't like dresses, makeup, or shopping but that did not stop her from still being a girl! Sure she hung out with the guys more than girls, played soccer and basketball, and dressed comfortably, but that did not make her a guy. She was still a girl. A real girl with real feelings. She hated how he was so oblivious of everything. Did he not see her more than a guy? Did he not notice all the possible signs? Did he think she was so ugly he didn't how she changed the way he dressed just to impress him? Did he not really know why she rejected all the guys and chose to stay by his side?

"That's just it. I'm not a guy! I'm a girl!" In his life, never had he seen her cry. What had he done? He stayed put not being able to move as she ran away from him with tears in her eyes. 

He went home with a gloomy face. "Jaehyun ah, what's wrong dear?" His mother asked noticing her strange behaving son. Where was his cheeky smile and dimples that he loved to show off?

He looked up at his dear mother and spilled everything that happened that day. His mother listened to every word and waited till he finished with a long sigh. "Honey, no matter how much Lisa acts like a boy she's still very much a girl. I think when you said that, it may have hurted her feelings."

Jung Jaehyun was still a confused boy. "But that doesn't explain why she doesn't date any guys that ask her out. Did you know that even Myungsoo and Jaebum hyung asked her out but she said no? All the girls were so jealous of her! They would die to be in her place!"

Jaehyun Eomma POV

Aigoo. My dear son. You have so much to learn.

"Jaehyun ah, has Lisa been acting weird? Did she change her way of clothing? Maybe tied her hair up, or put it in a braid?"

He scratched his chin. "No? Wait! She acted like usual, but then everytime I smile she turns red! And then guess what Eomma? She did braid her hair today! She even wore pink! She even slapped me because I told her she looked weird."

"But did she really?"

"No. She looked beautiful."

His eyes widen at hisself. He just called her beautiful! He looked at his mom and she was smirking. "You and Lisa work this out Jaehyun ah. I want to see you guys holding hands when I see you!"

 

"What do you want?" She sounded angry.

"Let's meet."

 

He waited patiently at their spot before catching a glimpse of her walking towards him. Instantly he smiled. She came. For a minute there he was worried that she wouldn't even bother but she came. "What do you want?"

"Sit."

Lisa gave him a glare and sat at the other end of the bench. As far from him as possible. "I'm sorry."

"You should be."

"And I am. You're not one of the guys. You're a girl. A beautiful girl. Now I know why guys flock around you everyday. If I'm being honest, you know everytime I see those guys by you I want to punch the hell out of them."

She looked at him confused. He continued. "I really never understood why though. I just thought it was best friend instinct. But I realize it's not. When there's a day where you're absent from school or just don't show up I get so worried and wonder if something bad happen. Even if you had already told me why you weren't coming that day. I would fidget in my seat and not concentrate. As soon as the bell rings I would run to your house as fast as I can, even though I act like I didn't. When you're sick, I feel as if I'm sick too. When you laugh, I start to laugh too. For a while I didn't know what these feelings were until today. Everytime I look at you I feel butterflies. Everytime I hear you laugh or talk, I smile for no reasons. Even when you pull your stpid pranks on me I can't stay mad at you. No matter how hard I try. At night before I fall asleep, I will reread your messages and smile like a fool. Then when you cried today, I felt as if my whole world fell apart in front of my very own eyes. Your teats made me want to cry too. Your tears made me want to grab you in my arms and comfort you till you were okay. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I like you a lot. No I love you. And I guess I have for the longest time. Maybe I was just too scared you wouldn't reciprocate the feelings I had fo--"

He was silenced when a pair of warm, sweet, soft lips met his. He had been so busy talking he hadn't noticed her moving closer towards him. He allowed himself to indulge her sweet scent, the way her lips felt on his, and her slim body that was now on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her flat stomach and pulled her closer. It seemed no matter how close they were, it wasn't enough. They stopped their intense kiss to breathe when she smiled at him sweetly. 

"I hate you Jung Jaehyun."

"I love you too Park Lisa."

 

 

 

 

Which pair next?