WonLice

Lovely Lisa

With his hair swept neatly back, his shirt free from crumples, and his cologne on, he looked one last time into the mirror before exiting the room. Just as he placed his foot out, his heart began to race like he had been in a marathon just seconds before. Endless questions swarmed his brain and fear attacked his body. He felt the sweats trickling down his forehead as if it had been raining. If she hadn't popped in his apartment God knows he would've stayed buried deep under his sheets. "Oppa, are you ready?" She asked with a smile and tucked a baby hair of his away where it belonged. 

With his voice wavery he said, "Honestly? No. Can we not go today babe? Please. This is torturous for me. I'd rather face the devil himself." She giggled but took his hands into hers where it became one. But with a reassuring smile, she gave him a kiss and lead the way out with him dragging behind like a lost puppy.

As time passed on the road and their house came into view Wonwoo felt like throwing up. "Lis? What if they don't like me? What if they want someone else for you? What if I'm not good enough? What if I make a mistake in front of them and they decide that I'm no good for you. What if--" His questions came to a halt when he felt her soft, strawberry scented lips on his. 

"They're going to love you, trust me. And who says you're not good enough? To me, you're perfect. Oppa, look at me. You are going to blow them away. I know it. Don't worry, you can do no wrong."

Butterflies attacked his stomach and his heart wouldn't calm down even after her pep talk. As they got out of the car his knees began to become unstable, his hands cold even if the sun shone brightly above. "Let's go." Her voice brought him back to reality. He followed her into a brick house with flowers and roses surrounding it. 

"Guys, Lisa's home!" A herd of people and attacked Lisa with hugs and kisses, separating the two but he managed to hold on to her hand. It was so noisy as people spoke loudly over each other hoping to talk to her.

"Baby, you look beautiful! Why didn't you come home earlier?"

"Miss me, Lisa?"

"Pranpriya, when did you get a boyfriend?"

"What happened to me and you Pok Pak?"

More questions were bombarded at her but all were silenced when they heard an elderly speak. "Be quiet all of you. Pranpriya, come here. And bring that boyfriend of yours."

Since they all spoke in Thai Wonwoo had to rely on Lisa to translate. They were seated facing Lisa's parents and all her relatives. With so many eyes on him, he felt nervous and scared again. He felt small and the small amount of confidence he mustered up was drained from his body. It was Lisa's mother that spoke first. "I'll only ask you one question, young man, do you love my daughter?"

Without any hesitation, he nodded his head. "I love your daughter more than anything. She's the light of my world and I can't imagine my life being complete without her in it. She makes me happy like no other and if she were ever to disappear from me, I think I would die." 

Lisa nervously translated to her mom, touched by his word but scared of her mom's reaction. But she smiled. "That's enough for me. If you love her, and she loves you, who am I to interfere with that?"

Score 1 for Jeon Wonwoo. "Do you have money?"

Lisa stared at her cousin in disbelief. "Rama!" She couldn't believe that the only cousin that spoke Korean asked that question. She felt so embarrassed and bad for Wonwoo. 

Rama shrugged his shoulders, he only wanted the best for his baby cousin.

"Umm, well, I don't have a whole lot like some of the other guys that chase her but I have enough to make her happy." He didn't meet Lisa's eyes knowing she would look at him weirdly for lying. 

'Why is he lying?' She thought. 'Don't have a whole lot?' 'Enough to make her happy?' He had enough to make half of Korea happy, but that's not what she loves him for.

When all her cousins and aunts and uncles had finished torturing him it was time for the hardest obstacle, her father. "Can you cook?" Wonwoo shook his head. He didn't have to learn how to cook since everything had been done for him ever since he was born. 

Wonwoo's face paled at her father's facial expression. "Do you know how to clean?" Again he shook his head surprising the family members. "Do you know how to look after kids?" 

"I uh, I don't know since I've never been responsible for one." Now his face was really not good.

"If you don't know how to do any of that how will I trust you with my only daughter? What will you do when she's sick? Who will feed her? What will you feed her? Instant food? When you have kids, will you only look when they're crying or need to be changed or will you wait till my daughter is there? I don't want a man like you for my daughter."

That hurt. He couldn't imagine a life without Lisa in it. That seemed impossible. He would do anything to keep her, anything at all. "Sir, I know I'm not good enough for Lisa, nor will I ever be. But you should know one thing. I love Lisa more than my life. I will do anything to protect her and keep her happy, even if it means putting my life on the line. Yes, I don't know how to cook, clean, or take care of kids, but if knowing these things mean that you'll accept me then I will learn it. I will learn how to cook, how to clean, and how to take care of kids. I will do anything, sir. Please just give me a chance. Lisa's my breath of life and without her, I would die. Please."

He got on his knees and lowered his head. Begging on his knees for his love for her. Lisa, filled with emotions also got on her knees. He was her life and without him, there would be no life. "Pôr, please don't separate us. With him, I'm complete. He completes my life. He's that missing puzzle in my life. Without him, my life would be incomplete. I love him as much as he loves me. Please."

Lisa's mom looked at her husband with a smile and nodded. "Lisa, Wonwoo, get up, you'll wrinkle your clothes." The two faced her parents. "Son, you've proven how much you love her and same goes to you, Lisa. We don't have the heart to ever do something like separate you two. Wonwoo, I know you can make my daughter happy and I know you love her. I trust our Lalisa with you."

Lisa cried tears of happiness and hugged him. Even if he didn't know the language, the smile on her parent's face was enough to tell him what it meant. Love conquers all. Filled with joy and love inside him he cupped Lisa's face and devoured her baby soft lips earning a lot of boos and ewws from her family but he didn't mind. "God, I love you, Lisa Manoban." He said in between kisses. 

"I love you as much Jeon Wonwoo."