DonghyukxLisa

Lovely Lisa

Lisa cracked her back as she sat down at her office having just finished her night rounds. She was exhausted, mentally and physically.

'Knock, knock'

"Come in."

"Dr.Manoban, I hope I'm not distrubing you but, aren't you going to check up on Patient X?" 

. She had forgotten about him. "I will, right now. Thanks for reminding me Nayeon-ssi. Oh, by the way, did you administer his seizure medication yet? It's critical that he doesn't have another one. What about feeding? Did you feed him yet?"

Nurse Nayeon laghed at how much Dr.Manoban seemed to care for Patient X, but then again, she cared for everyone, it was her job. "Neh. I did all of that and more. Don't worry so much Dr.Manoban, or else you'll have gray hair in your twenties." Lisa gave her a smile and waved as she left. How could she forget about Patient X?

Lisa grabbed her stethescope and rushed to A-099 where Patient X was currently residing. She managed to wave to a few nurses passing by all the while running up the stairs because the elevator was busy. All the times spent running in practice for Volleyball was finally paying off. Coach was right, she would thank him later. 

Before she entered Patient X's room, she grabbed her blond locks and gathered it into a messy bun. Looked like the janitor had been in here. The blond crossed the room to his bedside in a couple stride thanks to her long legs. She took her stethescope out and listened to the beating of his heart. After examining to make sure he was in a good shape, she occupied the small area of the corner of his bed and solemnly gazed at him without trying to be creepy. He clung on to his necklace, a silver chain with a cross, ever since she had found him crying for help in front of the hospital. It must hold strong values to him. 

Patient X was a handsome young man, he must've been really popular in high school. He also looked kind, was that even possible? 

Lisa called him Patient X, no name, no family or friends, no nothing. She wondered if maybe he was a foreigner like herself, far from home with no one to reach out to. But he didn't look foreign at all. He looked 100% Korean. 

She looked at her watch, 12:29. It was already past her shift, she should be getting home. Just as she was getting up, she felt his hand twitched. She hadn't noticed his hands were so close to hers. 

Without thinking twice, she called for a team of nurses and doctors to aid her. 

"Dr.Manoban, we came as quickly as we could. What's new?"

"I think he's gaining consciousness Dr.Park." Lisa surprised herself when she felt tears falling down on her cheeks. Was she crying? Oh, lord. She was just so happy that he was finally waking up. 

 

 

 

"How are you feeling Donghyuk-ssi? Are you thirsty? Do you feel any sort of painful sensation anywhere?" 

Patient-- ah, Donghyuk shook his head. "You're the doctor who talks to me every night aren't you?" Upon hearing that, she blushed brightly and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Why did she do that? How embarassing...

Donghyuk let out a small laugh, "you don't have to embarrased Lisa... hearing your voice everyday gave me a reason to fight for. Thank you." 

She looked up at him, her big brown eyes finding his. "Donghyuk-ssi, sorry if I'm being insensitive but, why didn't anyone show up for you? You've been here a couple of months already and no sign of a person who claims to know you. Usually, someone shows up within a few weeks."

His bright smile quickly subsided and she wanted to yell at herself for even bringing the topic up. Why couldn't she jsut keep her big mouth shut? "Don't worry Lisa-ssi, I'm fine. It's just that I lost contact with everyone when I moved to Seoul to persue my dancing career. My mom hated the idea of me not becoming a lawyer like my brothers but I'm quite stubborn when I want to be. Mom told me that if I didn't become a lawyer, she'd consider me a stranger... I just loved dancing so much..."

She quietly took his hands into hers surprising Donghyuk who hand't had human contact in over two months. It felt nice..

 

 

 

 

Lisa was adamant on helping Donghyuk get better. Two and a half months in a coma had done damage to his muscles. They refused to work. After weeks of trying to sucessfully walk, Donghyuk finally gave up. "Admit it Lisa, it's impossible. I'm never going to be able to walk again." He sounded so weak and fragile. It hurt to see someone so bright and happy like Donghyuk, so down. He left his family to persue dancing, it had costed him everything, and now he couldn't even walk. 

"Dnghyuk-ah, I can't believe I'm saying this but, I believe in you. You can do it. I really think you can."

The patient and doctor quickly became fast friends despite their many differences. Donghyuk told her stories about when he was a young kid who loved to caused mischief while Lisa laughed, listening to every word. Lisa would discuss her childhood dreams about becoming a photographer but how it changed when her dad died and Donghyuk would comfort her when she shed a tear. Anyone in the hospital could see how compatible these two were. It was like they had known each other for all their lives.

"Eonnie, don't Dr.Manoban and Donghyuk-ssi just look so good together? They're both so good looking and kind. I wish they would get together already!"

"Lower your voice Chaeyoung-ah. They might hear us. But yes, I do agree that they look quite good together. How long has it been since Dr.Manoban smiled this much after that er broke her heart in public?"

"Too long... Jennie eonnie, when do you think my prince charming will come? Do you think he'll come like how Donghyuk-ssi came, all bloody?"

"Ya, Park Chaeyoung!"

 

It was his 10000th attempting to walk without a nurse or Lisa holding his arms. It was just so painful and frustrating. At times, he felt like crying when his legs wouldn't cooperate, but Lisa would always cheer him up, always saying encouraging things to him. She was already so busy as a doctor but she took time even if she didn't need to, to come and help him. There were nurses who helped him daily, but he always liked it better when it was Lisa who helped him. He was going to do this, not just for himself, but also for Lisa. 

After countless time of falling and getting up, he was on the verge of giving up when he took a step, then another. 

'Knock knock'

Lisa entered with her usual smile, but was silent when she saw Donghyuk standing up. "Oh my gosh... Donghyuk!" 

Donghyuk, slowly but surely walked towards the blond, and engulfed her in a hug, his head resting on her shoulders. "I did it, Lisa-ya."

"Yes, you did." She couldn't describe her emotions, they were everywhere. She was happy, overjoyed, shocked, and proud.

"Thank you Lisa-ya, and before you say you didn't do anything, you did. You helped me immensely."

"I wasn't going to say that, but okay." She let out a hearty laughter before it got cut short when Donghyuk placed his forehead on hers, hands around her waist. Her heart stopped for a second. Her stomach felt uneasy. Her hands were cold. What was this? 

"I know we've only known each other for a short time, but... I'm positive that I'm in love with you." His lips were so close to hers... she could smell the coffee he had everyday although she told him it wasn't healthy. 

"Donghyuk-ah.."

His lips were on hers, oh how marvelous she tasted. Hesitantly, she closed her eyes and gave in to her pounding heart telling her kiss him back with as much energy that he was kissing her with. Pretty soon, they were fighting for dominance, he brought out the competitive and bossy side of hers that she tried to hide away. It was pure bliss. She didn't even know you could like kissing someone this much. Parting to gasp for air, they looked at one another, lips colliding once more. 

"I," kiss, "love" kiss, "you, kiss, "too." Kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and happy Holidays to those who don't! Still, I hope your day was nice! This is a small gift for putting up with me and my unstable . I'm thinking of rewriting a couple of the chapters after re-reading it. What do you think? Anyways, I at writing kiss scenes, but I hope it wasn't that bad. Anyways... what chapter is your favorite so far? Mine is probably chapter 25, 34, and 30.