TenLice

Lovely Lisa

Ten widely smiled as he caressed his son's light brown hair. He was sound asleep in his bed. Ten could hear his soft snores and couldn't help but laugh. He took after his daddy that way. But that smile quickly turned upside down when he thought of her. TaeYoung had his mother's eyes, his father's nose, and his mothers lips. Ten absolutely despised her. What kind of mother left her new-born child and run away to be with her lover? She then managed to get herself killed along with her boyfriend. Just the thought of it made him sick to the bones. 

Ten and his ex-wife were in an arranged marriage, set up by their fathers. Without knowing each other very much, or liking each other, they had to marry to make thier fathers proud. Ten wished he could go back in time and change it, but whats done has been done. Besides he recieved the best thing in this whole world. His precious son, Taeyoung.

But even so, that didn't stop him about thinking of the girl he loved. Lalisa Manoban. His first love and the girl he had intended to marry. The only in this universe that could make his heart skip a beat. The only girl that could make him smile like a fool. Lalisa Manoban, the love of his life.

 

7 years ago...

The black haired boy looked at his reflection in the body length mirror that stood in front of him. He wasn't too short but he wasn't tall either. His jet black hair was a little messy due to him ruffling it a lot. He had a killer smile that made all the girls swoon over him. His body was masculine and his abs were very apparent. He dared say that he was a handsome guy. He winked and strode out his somewhat clean room.

"Ten ah!"

He waved to his best friends Johnny and Yuta as they were waiting for him at the school's entrance. "What's up guys? Johnny? Yuta?"

Yuta jumped up and down like a girl that had juicy gossips to share with her BFF's. "Okay.."

"You won't believe this, but a new girl just transferred." Yuta said still hopping.

He looked at Johnny for a clearer explaination. "She's not just a new girl. She's a hot new girl!" Wow. She had to be very very very hot, if even the sensible and quiet guy like Johnny was excited as if Christmas had come early.

His friends were right. She was hot. Very, very, very hot. Just looking at her, made his heart beat a tad faster. Something very foreign to the boy. Ten let out a whistle as she walked past him and sat in the middle of Taeyong and Jaehyun. Lucky bastards. Lisa ignored him as she walked past him but stll rolled her eyes. F**king playboys. 

Lisa liked her new school. She made many new friends and already had a lot of admirers follwing her around. Which was a bit creepy. Nah erase that. It was really creepy. But there was one person that annoyed her to no ends, the one and only Ten. Bastard. He kept on winking and following her wherever she went. He constantly asked her out even after knowing her for not even 24 hours. 

And so this continued. Ten constantly asking her out, annoying her, showering her with lavishing gifts, and always, always by her side. "Awe, come on Lisa. Just go out with me one time. If you don't like me after that I won't ever bother you again."

She stopped in her tracks and turned to face him. "Are you serious?"

He nodded and smiled at her. "Alright but just one date. Not like I'll ever like you anyways."

"We'll see about that. Meet you at 6:30 babe." He flew her a kiss and made his ways towards his friends and let out a loud, "Yes!"

She unknowingly smiled and continued on her way to class. 

 

"So what did you say baby? It's not like I'll ever fall for you huh?" He imitated her voice. 

Lisa hid her face at the crook of his neck and softly hit his chest. "Yah! You must have put poison in my food or something to make me fall for you."

He only laughed. "Sure babe. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

 

After their "date" they couldn't deny their strong feelings towards each other. Lisa was hesitant at first. Who wouldn't be? He was every girl's choice for a perfect boyfriend. Come on! The guy had it all. Looks, body and everything above. First Lisa had thought him as a playboy but as time went by she began to learn new thigns about him. Sure he's dated a bunch of girls inlcuding young teachers but he was a gentleman. Never had he cheated on his ex girlfriends nor laid a hand on them. She was annoyed with him at first but as time went on she began to feel comfort as he was by her side and decided to give him a chance when the oppertunity was open.

Now she was in love with him. Hopelessly in love with the idiot she told herself she would never like.

 

Ten looked at his shy girlfriend and kissed the top of her head and sighed. "What's wrong oppa?" She asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing. Just wondering how a girl like you fell in love with a guy like me."

Lisa looked up to her adorable boyfriend and secretly placed a kiss on his lips. "What was that for?"

"Nothing. I love you oppa."

"Love you too Lis."

 

After that, they graduated and were still inseperable. Tonight Ten had asked her out. It wasn't just any date night. Tonight he was going to propose to the love of his life. Kringgg Kringgg. Looking at the caller ID he picked it up. "Yobeoseyo? Appa? Neh I'm doing fine Appa. What? Right now? Can't it wait till tomorrow? I have something important to do today. Please Appa. No! No! No! Neh. I'll be there."

He pouted. What was so important that it couldn't wait till tomorrow? Frustrated Ten stood and drove to his parents' house forgetting about the girl who waited patiently for him.

Lisa checked her phone over and over again. He was late! Did something bad happen to him? No way, don't think like that Lisa! Did he forget? Andwae. Did he have somewhere important to go? But he would have called her, or text her. But he did neither of those. Not wanting to overthink Lisa waited there patiently, her food going cold, and the cup once filled with ice cubes were now melting.

"Umm excuse me Ma'am but we're closing right now. You can come back tomorrow if you'd like but right now there is no time." She put her hand to her chest surprised by the sudden voice. He didn't come...

She bowed over and over again. "Joesonghabnida. I'll leave now." After paying for her bills she waited in the freezing rain for a cab.

 

"Appa how could you do this to me?" A very angry Ten said to his father in a hushed tone so the guests  wouldn't hear. 

His father was a fair yet strict man. "Now you listen to me Ten! I have raised you like a prince all your life and you can't even do this for me? Do you want to see me in my coffin underneath the ground? Huh? Do you?"

He shook his head. "But Appa, I have a girlfr---"

"Okay, I'll give you two choices. Marry Park Jisoo and the company is yours. Or don't marry Jisoo and count yourself as disowned."

He felt the warm tears sliding down his childlike face and he couldn't care less.

 

"Let's break up." He said nonchantly.

Silence greeted him. No questions why. No please don't leave me. No slaps across the face. And no tears. Just silence.

"Why are you so quiet?" He finally asked not understanding why she wasn't upset. "Did you ever love me? Maybe love's a word too srong. Did you ever liked me?"

She finally looked up at him. "No, I loved you. I really did. And still do."

"Then why aren't you upset over our breakup?"

"Because there's no use crying. You must have had a good reason to leave me waiting all night during our date. Its not like you to do that sort of thing. Or maybe I just don't know you." Damn. Damn. Damn! "Now you must have a good reason to break up with me too. I can't say that I'm not hurt, I am. But what's the point? You're leaving me for another woman, so why should I be crying over a guy who clearly didn't love me like he said he did."

"How'd you know?" His voice was barely audible but she heard. 

"I don't have to be the best dectective in the world to know that you're marrying Park Jisoo or more commonly known as Jihyo, heir of Park Enterprise and model under JYP."

"Lisa I do love you!" He couldn't stand it anymore. She needed to know that he loved her!

"Lies. Those are all lies." She remained a poker face but tears threatened to come out. 

"Appa forced me to marry her Lis. I didn't have a choice!"

"Everyone has a choice. You had it too. But you chose this instead."

"I'm sorry Lis." Was all he could say.

"I'm sorry too." She replied and turned to leave. She had hoped he would tug on her wrist and tell her to stay. Tell her that he loved her and he wouldn't marry Jihyo but he never did. One by one she let her tears fall.

 

"Appa push me!" He heard his son say.

"Alright buddy. Hold on!"

Ten and his son were at the park where little Taeyoung loved to play on the swing set while his father pushed him. He pushed his son gently while little Taeyoung imagined himself flying like the birds in the sky.

He happily smiled when he felt a tug at his shirt. There was an adorable little girl with cute eyes looking up at him wanting to say something. He crouched so he was by her side. "Yes? How may I be of your service Princess?"

The little girl giggled. "My name's not Princess, it's Jisa."

"Well Jisa, how can oppa help you?"

Jisa pointed to the siwngs. "I want to fly too!"

He chuckled and placed her on the available seat next to his son who was still flying. "Do you want to go high Jisa?"

She nodded and he pushed. "Whee! I'm flying! Eomma I'm flying!"

"Yah Park Jisa! What did I tell you about going somewhere without me?"

Ten feeling responsible stopped the little girl much to her dismay. Her mother came rushing and he felt she was familiar. "Lisa?"

"Oh. Ten oppa. It's been a while huh?"

"Yes. It has. You have a daughter already?"

She nodded. "And you?"

Ten pointed to his son who was still on the swing but then asked to be put down. "This is my son, Taeyoung."

"You've met my daughter, Jisa."

He wanted to say so much to her. How she still looked so beautiful even after 7 years had already passed. Even after all these years he still loved her. "Lisa, you know I could never forget about you right?"

She looked up surprised.

"Even after all these years. My feelings for you have never changed."

"Same with me oppa."

He looked at her filled with hope. "Then come back to me Lis! We can make it work! You still love me and I still love you! Lis please."

She shook her head sadly. "I meant I still love you. But not in a romantic kind of way. After you married I kinda fell apart I guess, even though I tried to look strong, inside I was just a weakling. I truly thought you were the one for me, but I guess fate had a different plan. Fate lead me to my soul mate, and husband. Besides it could never work with this little one coming along."

He had been so concentrated he didn't manage to see her big belly. "I'm sorry Lis. For all the pain I caused you and--"
 

"Lis? Oh there you are. Is Jisa with you?"

"Jimin hyung?" Ten asked shocked to see his business partner and friend coming his way.

"Yes Tennie?"

"You're married to Lisa?"

"Yes. You know Lis?" He asked using the nickname he gave to her.

"Yeah. We were friends."

Jimin smiled. "Awe that's cool. Meeting up with an old friend is always heartwarming?"

"But hyung, why did you never tell me?"

"You never asked." Jimin replied witfully. 

His heart ached a little when he saw Jimin kiss his ex. Lisa still had those effects on him. She looked so happy to be in his embrace. He was happy for her. Happy that she found someone better than him. 

He walked home with his son holding his hands. Fate did have a way of making things work. Yes he lost Lisa, but he gained Taeyoung.