LaySa

Lovely Lisa

Yixing or more commonly known as Lay by his friends and co-workers sighed as he scrolled through lists of songs to teach his class the next day. Don't get him wrong, he loved teaching dance, that was his passion but now it seemed so bland. No flavour. No spice. His shoulders slumped as he stretched his neck back tired of everything. His life wasn't exciting as it used to be when he was in his teens. Back then he would hang out with his friends and play, dance, and just casually talk about things. They discussed girls, argued over sports, bicker over the smallest things but that was what made it fun. Between the 12 of them, there was never a moment of silence. Always loud and rowdy.

EXO, something they called themselves. Not to brag or anything but they were pretty popular, had fangirls, and were always receiving gifts from people who thought they were cute. They would sometimes skip school together even dragging their goody two shoes Suho hyung with them just to eat junk food, go to an amusement park or even just to sleep by the sea. His lips formed a smile as he traveled down memory lane. 

Now, some of them were married so they didn't have time to hang out. Some got jobs far away so they couldn't come visit good old Korea. Some moved after they graduated High School to attend prestigious Universities. Then there was him. The only person out of the 12 who stayed behind and lived a very boring and routined life. Nothing exciting rarely happend and nothing seemed to excite him anymore. After the leave of his dear friends, although they promised to stay in contact, no one called or sent a text. All contacts lost into the mist.

After choosing a song by a rising boyband Lay got up and closed the door behind him. He pressed his car key and his car unlocked, allowing him to slide in and drive away. Lay opened a song and silently mouthed the lyrics. His phone vibrated besides him. He reached for it and looked at it. A text from the school. 'Lay-ah, tomorrow there will be a new student in your class. Please help her, she's a tranferee from Thailand. Siwon hyung.'

Lay brushed his teeth before spitting it out and freshening it. He lied in bed as he thought about multiple things. 'How's Suho hyung and Jisoo doing? Would Sehunnie ever come visit Korea with Saeron? Will Baekhyun get married to Amber soon? And last but not least, about the new student. He had never met anyone from Thailand except for Nichkhun hyung. What would she be like? How would she look and could she dance?

Could she dance? Lay himself was blown away when he saw his new student. Her exotic beauty definetly made her stand out from the rest. Her cute and anime like voice made everyone attracted to her. When she walked in, all eyes were on her. Her tall figure could not be missed. Her blond hair definetly stood out. She shyly bowed to everyone and made way to the teacher.

Suddenly his mind went blank, and his heart thumping like there was no tomorrow. There were definetly many pretty girls at the school but none of them had this affect on him. She shyly smiled at him and gave him her papers. He cleared his throat and tried to sound like how a teacher would. "You must be Lisa. Nice to meet you. I'm Mr.Zhang  but you can just call me Lay, everyone does. Now are you ready to show me what you got Lisa?" She nodded.

 "Okay class. Do your warm-ups then circle around." Lay watched as she quickly caught up to her classmates. He gulped when he saw how flexible she was. 'Aish, Zhang Yixing did you really just check a student out? How disgusting!'

"Okay now that everyone's finished, circle up and let's welcome our new friend."

All eyes were on Lisa as she stood. "Hi. I'm Lisa and I'm from Thailand. Please take good care of me." The students clapped for their cute newbie. 

"Now what do we do when a new classmate joins?" Soon everyone was chanting her name and asking her to dance. Lisa shyly went to the center and put on Beyonce Formation.

Lay did not have high expecations for her. She seemed too shy. But boy was he wrong. As soon as the music came on Lisa swayed her hips, moved her legs and danced to the beat. The way she moved so smooth and  cleanly amazed her classmates inluding the teacher himself. After she was finished the sound of clapping echoed throughout the room. She bowed and thanked everyone.

As the bell rang people rushed out to attend their next class. "Um, Lay songsaengnim?"

Lay looked up and saw a very cute Lisa smiling at him. "Yeah? 

"Um, I actually don't know where to go next. Can you help me? It's fine if you're busy though, I'll find my way." She quickly said.

Lay laughed and shook his head. "Come on, what class do you have next?"

She blushed brightly as he took her hand and lead her to her class. "Thank you songsaengnim. Um, you can let go of my hand now." He looked down to see his hands clasped around hers. 

"Ah, right. Mian. Have a nice day." He scratched his nape and shyly turned around to walk.

He tried. Believe me. He tried. He tried super hard to not look for her when she was absent, tried to not look depressed if she wasn't there, tried to not smile like a fool standing next to her, tried to not act like a fool when they were close or when their hands touched. He tried. He tried to not turn red when she smiled at him, tried to not think about her when she wasn't with him, tried to not get jealous when male students were too close for comfort, tried to not dream of her, tried to not fall in love with her, a student. But he couldn't. 

All day, everyday  he thought of her smile and her laugh. The way she danced, the way she moved, the way she called his name and the way she frowned when she couldn't get a dance move right, they all made him fall her a little bit more each time. After she walked into his life, everyhting seemed so much better. His friends contacted him and asked to hang out after so long. They all came back to meet him and catch up. It was like old times.

They all sat around the table with a drink in their hands. "So, what happened after we left Lay hyung?" Chanyeol asked as he took a sip of his drink. Lay looked at each of his friends and told them everything. Everything. Including her. They stared at him like he was an alien. 

"What?"

It was Xiumin hyung who spoke up. "You're in love with a high schooler?" Lay nodded his head slowly.

"I know it's wrong but I can't help it. Everytime I see her, my heart can't help but beat faster. All I ever think of is her. She invades my dream every night. Help me guys. I can't seem to think right these days huh? What kind of teacher am I to fall in love with my student?" He looked hopelessly at his friends.

"Lay-hyung there's nothing wrong with that. You're young for a teacher. Maybe only 5-6 years older. She's basically an adult. Besides there's no age in love. Look at Sehun and Saeron. He's 23, she's 17. You're in the same boat as him. And look at me and Victoria noona. We're 7 years apart for goodness sake! At first we got ridiculed for falling in love, but it was worth it. She means everything to me. And there's also Suho hyung and Jisoo. They're 5 years apart and married. Don't stress about it hyung. Everything will be alright. If you really love her, then fight for her. And you better do it quick. From the way you speak of her, it won't be long before she's taken."

His friends were right. He was going to fight for her.

"I like you a lot Lisa."

"Neh?" A very confused Lisa looked at her teacher who seemed to be out of his mind. 

"I like you."

Her heart raced and she felt the butterflies in her stomach. "But saeng, you're my teacher and I'm your student. What will people think?"

He looked at her full of love. "Lisa do you like me too? If you don't then please just forget everything I said today." 

She wanted to so badly deny it but her heart wouldn't let her. He'd been on her mind since day one and she wasn't about to let him go. "I like you too saeng but."

"But what?" His heart leaped in joy when she said that.

"People won't accept it at all. A student and teacher relationship."

He took her baby soft hands and kissed them lightly. "We can make it work. As long as you look only at me, don't look at those who object this. They will only make it hard. I'll only look at you and no one else. We will make it work. Forget those judgemental people. I'll stay by your side through it all. I know people break promises but this one I intend to keep. Do you believe me?"

She nodded. And without a second's hesitation Lay bent down and planted his lips on hers, marking her as his. From that day on she was his and he was hers. No matter what people said. If you truly love someone, fight for them. They're worth it.