DaeHwixLisa

Lovely Lisa

 

"Daehwi-ah, let's go shopping." His eyes opened at the words that just escaped from his best friend's lips. "Are you serious? Shopping? When did you get into shopping? I thought you hated it. You always complained whe--"

"I still don't like shopping. Eomma's forcing me. Says, I have nothing better to wear than sweatpants and my father's t-shirts." Daehwi laughs at her agreeing with her mom while Lisa sends him a death glare. "Your mom is daebak. Seriously, Liz, you need to wear something other than black and sweats. Sometimes I forget that you're even a girl, especially when you had sho--" Damn. I really need to watch my mouth. Pabo Lee Daehwi.

I see the hurt in her eyes and it pains me greatly. I didn't mean to hurt her... Really. "I'm sorry Liz. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that. You're perfect the way you are. Forgive this pabo of yours? Please? Liz pleaseeuuuu! Yongseohaejwonggggg! Lisaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Lisa smiles from the corner of and pinches his cheeks. "Aigoo, uri Daehwi is really cute. How could I stay mad at you?"

 

They had gathered at Lisa's house after school for a study session which turned out to be the worst failure in life. Lisa, Daehwi, Ong, Daniel, and Guanlin were in a circle sitting cross-legged, starting a game of truth or dare. Lisa being the only girl which wasn't unusual, went first. Being her adventurous and risk-taking self, she chose dare. "I dare you to eat raw eggs with melted chocolate." The boys gathered around her waiting to see if she would actually do it. Daehwi watched nervously in the back, secretly hoping she wouldn't be so stupid and actually do it. But her being her, did it anyway.

"Truth or dare Daehwi-ah."

"Pick dare! Please Daee?" Who said he could resist her cuteness overload? No one. Daehwi found himself in overalls and bunny ears and of course, the guys thought it was hilarious while Lisa was in awe. "Oh my gosh! You're so cute Dae! You look like a fluffy bunny! I want to keep you in my pockets!" Was cute the only word she could come up for him?

 

That crazy girl.... She doesn't know how much she affects me. From the way she walks to the way she talks. When she smiles and laugh, no matter how cringey it sounds, it brightens my whole day, it flips my frown upside down. If I went a day without seeing her, I think I'd go crazy. Well, not to that extent. That's just creepy. She makes me do things I never imagined I would ever do, like talk to myself. I contemplate on whether to tell her my feelings while looking at the mirror. Ugh! I hate myself so being so eck. It's her fault! Lalisa Manoban. The girl who stole my heart from the moment she came through those doors with the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen. 

"Yah Lee Daehwi, stop smirking like that, you're going to scare away all the kids." That voice that brings me back to reality. "Yah, what did you just say? Me scare away the kids? Pulease Lisa. If that ever happens, you will be the one to do that with your troll-like face." I don't mean it, Lisa. You are so beautiful.

I see her smirk and uh oh, that's never a good thing. "You better run before I catch you, Lee." That was my cue. Bye!

Daehwi ran around his backyard, Lisa chasing him from behind. "Yah, Lee Daehwi, you're so dead when I catch you, you midget!" He would stop her and tell her that they were the same height, but right now he's trying to survive, no matter how much it bothered him that she got his height wrong. He passed through the little kids, staring at him and Lisa, two grownups playing tag at a kid's birthday party. 

Some sat on the grass, their legs crossed, their eyes following the grownups. The parents seemed oblivious to everything just chatting away and eating leftover cake.

He cursed his father's genes for being so bad at running. After circling the yard about 3 times, he went inside the house, hoping she wouldn't find him in his room. Breathing as quietly as he could, he searched his surroundings for the girl, his face finally relaxed when she was nowhere to be found. But before he could breathe out, he felt himself go down onto the carpeted floor. Good thing it was a soft landing or else he would've been dead.

"Who's a troll face?" She whispered in his ears. His heart stopped for a brief moment when he could feel the warmth of her breath. The smell of mint gum entering his nostrils. Her bare legs wrapped around his body making it difficult for him to breathe. "Ahhh, hajima! You're so heavy!" Yeah, not the best move I've ever made. But then when it comes to Lisa, he was just an utter fool.

She tickles him this time, the poor boy turning red from laughter, his side aching as he held onto it. "Please stop! Jebal! Annng! Please stop it! Please? Ahuhh." Suddenly, air. Ahh, good old air. 

"Aigoo, you're so cute Daehwi-ah." There was that again. The word cute. He hated it. He wasn't cute and didn't want to be called cute, especially by her. He wanted to be called manly, and strong. Not cute. Cute was for babies and he definitely wasn't one. Lisa leaned towards him making his heart beat again... she got closer and closer... To pinch his cheeks. "Why are you so cute? Ahh, even I'm jealous of you. Kyeopta."

"I'm not cute." His voice deep and not very familiar to the high squeak of his voice, the one she found so adorable. Is this Lee Daehwi? Her lips form an O, checking his temperature and signs of sickness. "Yah, are you okay?" He shook her hand off, scaring the girl in front of him. He felt bad, but it was time to show her that he was NOT cute.

"I'm not cute. I want to be manly for you. Why can't you see that? I want to be the one to hold you when you cry, comfort you in hard times, and be there for you. Why can't you see that? Am I just one of your best friends? Am I nothing to you? I want to be something for you. Why can't you see that?" she got off him and backed away. This was not the cute Lee Daehwi she used to know. This Lee Daehwi was... hot. 

She could see the veins popping out from his neck, which she found so.... y. Aishh. Lisa, are you for real? You just called Daehwi y? Aigoo, something must be really wrong with her. For the past few months, she had been seeing Daehwi as not cute but hot? Yeah, something was really wrong with her. 

Lisa fought to swallow her saliva as he stepped closer, inching closer and closer to her. "What are you doing Dae? This isn't you."

"I'm going to show you that I'm more than cute. I'm going to prove to you that I can be your man." 

His hand on the wall, he grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. "I can be your man if you want me to be. Do you?" Her brain said no but her heart said yes. She soon felt his lips on her, something she had never imagined. He tasted sweet... like cotton candy and vanilla. She tasted wonderful... Like heaven and cake.

As the broke apart, she stared into his eyes. "You know friends don't kiss right?" He nodded. "I know."

"Then what are we now?"

"Dating."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Was this too much? I feel bad because Daehwi's a millennial child but I made him kiss!!!! Please forgive me if this was too much and if you think this is wrong, I will take it down!!!!