The Wish That Came True

Saying I Love You Twice

 

          “Don’t tell me you guys are fighting again,” Jaejoong said.

          “Well sorry to burst your bubble,” I replied dully.

          “What is it this time?” Jaejoong asked as he stirred his cup of iced tea.

          “Yeah,” my three year old baby boy, Myungdae, said. “What did daddy do this time?”

          Jaejoong smirked. “Or maybe it’s just you and your jealousy again.”

          “Shut up,” I said. “I do not get jealous!”

          Jaejoong raised a brow.

          I quailed back and pouted. “Okay maybe I do but that’s not the point okay? That actress was all over him and he didn’t do anything to stop it!”

          “Maybe he didn’t realize that she was all over him,” Jaejoong replied, “because his heart only belongs to you.”

          “Ugh why do you have to say things like that,” I said. “It makes me harder to be mad at him.”

          Jaejong shrugged. “Can’t help but state the truth.”

          “By the way,” I said, “how are you and Keiko doing?” Ironically enough, after getting rumored with so many Japanese actresses, Jaejoong had actually married one.

          “Great, actually,” Jaejoong said. “My mom’s excited for the child.”

          “That’s awesome!” I exclaimed.

          Jaejoong chuckled. “Yeah, isn’t it?”

          “Mommy,” Myungdae said from the side. He was fumbling with the Velcro straps on his high chair. “I want to see daddy!”

          I smiled and rubbed the top of his head. “I’d like to see daddy, too,” I softly said, suddenly realizing how much I missed him. Myungsoo has been on Jeju Island for the past two weeks, filming his new movie. God knows how much I hate it when he has a super duper pretty actress on the side.

          “Well, it’s getting late,” I said, noticing the time. “Thanks for treating Myungdae and me for dinner, Jaejoong oppa.”

          “No problem,” Jaejoong said with a nod. “Say hi to Myungsoo for me when he gets back.”

          “No,” I replied. “I’m mad at him.”

          “______.”

          But I left Jaejoong no room to argue as I held Myungdae’s hand and exited the restaurant.

          “Mommy,” Myungdae said in the back seat as I drove home, “please don’t be mad at daddy. You’re prettier than that actress!”

          I smiled. “Thank you, Myungdae-ah. I’ve taught you well.”

          During the red light, I took a look at the ring on my ring finger, and suddenly felt myself break into a genuine smile. Since the marriage, Myungsoo and I have moved into a house together, had a child, and his career as an actor is as prominent as ever. Every director still wanted that handsome face of his to be on the big screen.

          That handsome face. Ugh I could never resist it, to be honest. His smile and piercing eyes still get me every single time.

          Upon coming home, I parked the car in the driveway and carried a sleeping Myungdae up to the front door.

          “______.”

          Oh my god.

          Standing on the front steps was none other than the man in black himself. Some things never change. The nostalgia gets to be sometimes.

          “What are you doing back early?” I asked him. “Aren’t you supposed to be in Jeju for another week or so?”

          “I finished early,” Myungsoo replied. “So that I could come back.”

          I looked away and he sensed the tense atmosphere.

          “______,” he said. “Can we please talk about the phone call? I didn’t mean to yell at you. It’s just work!”

          “In the behind the scenes video she was practically clinging to your arm, idiot.”

          “Yeah but I didn’t even notice it until you told me!”

          Myungdae suddenly stirred and I remembered that he was sleeping. Myungsoo and I looked at each other and entered the house. Myungsoo took Myungdae and changed him into his pajamas before tucking him into bed.

          “Where did you take him to go anyways,” Myungsoo asked once the both of us were downstairs, alone.

          “To dinner. Jaejoong oppa invited us,” I said.

          “Are you just saying that to make me jealous?”

          “Well you make me jealous!”

          “So do you!”

          The both of us sighed and I ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

          “Maybe I just love you too much,” I mumbled.

          “What did you say?”

          “Nothing.”

“No,” he said, a smile growing on his face. Ugh his smile. “You said something.”

          I looked away.

          Myungsoo curled a strand of hair behind my hair and brought my face up to look at his. His eyes dug into mine and I smiled, which made him smile.

          “Stop doing that,” I said.

          “Doing what?”

        “That eye thing,” I said. “And that smile of yours. It makes it hard for me to stay mad at you.”

          Myungsoo leaned in closer and his lips hovered over mine as he whispered, “Then don’t be mad at me.”

          “Damn you.”

          Myungsoo chuckled as he finally kissed me, and I gladly kissed him back. Even to this day, after all these years, his kisses still sent happy tingles down my spine.

          “Yay! Mommy and daddy are back together!”

          Myungsoo and I quickly broke away and saw Myungdae peeking over at us from upstairs.

          “Yah,” Myungsoo said, “what are you still doing up?”

          Myungdae giggled. “I wanted to see mommy and daddy get back together.”

          “I think he gets this from you,” I murmured.

          “No way. It’s totally you,” Myungsoo said.

          Myungdae smiled and said, “Mommy and daddy will stay together forever, right?”

          Myungsoo and I didn’t reply to Myungdae’s question as the both of us went upstairs to tuck him back into bed. But deep down inside, Myungsoo and I already knew the answer. None of us had to say it to make it completely evident.

          My journey with this little death note kid wasn’t an easy one. And it still amazes me that even after all these years, my feelings still remain the same as when it was when I was just 20 years old and he was only 19. Every time he kisses me, it brings me back to the anniversary party. Every time he hugs me, it brings me back to the time Infinite won for the first time. Every time he stares at me, I think of how he and I acted when we first officially met at the blind date and I’d laugh to myself at how stupid the both of us acted.

          And every time he tells me he loves me, I still get the same sensation that I’ve always gotten. Except now, I can say it without anything holding me back. He hasn’t just said it once. He’s said it more than once, and it took more than just a couple of times for me to finally believe it. And I’d had to tell it to him twice to get him to finally be mine.

 

 

          “It’s 11:11. Make a wish,” you said. You close your eyes and put your hands together. L did the same as he gazed at your face.

 

I wish…for him

 

I wish…for her

 

When you finished making your wish you looked over at L, who was already looking at you. At that precise moment, something amazing was going on in the universe. Usually, wishes are ever so rarely granted. But when two people are so perfectly made for each other, there are exceptions.

 

 

The End~

 

 

A/N: /sobs i can't believe it's over! D; i actually procrastinated on posting this last chapter because i myself didn't want it to end LOL i've never grown so attached to a story before :o

Usually, I would post my new story a couple of chapters before I finish my current fic, but I am so busy and still have so much writer's block that my L. Joe fic might have to wait a bit longer :( I keep writing stuff and then deleting it ehhhh it's a weird writing process LOL ummm i don't want to say that i'm on a haitus but maybe a semi-semi haitus? if that even exists haha i'll try to get back to stuff soon. so yeah i hope y'all enjoyed "Saying I  Love You Twice"! because i sure did hehe :3 feel free to message me or post on my wall or whatever but i usually respond better to messages haha i'm sorry if i don't reply to your wall post! :(

I love you guys! <3