A Breathtaking Hug

Saying I Love You Twice

I was at my stylist again and was replying to some UFO questions on my laptop when I suddenly heard a certain kid’s voice go off in my head:

 

          “Are you cold now?”

 

          My heart started beating faster and I scratched my head in frustration.

 

          “…I won’t think you’re less beautiful.”

 

“Sweet dreams.”

 

“Yeobo.”

 

          “I love you.”

 

          Ugghhhh! Stop thinking about him!

I sighed angrily and turned off my laptop.

          “Something wrong sweetie?” my stylist asked me.

          I shook my head. “No. What makes you think that?”

          “You look all frustrated and angry dear,” she replied.

          I blinked. “I-I do?”

          “Mmm. What is it? Boyfriend troubles?” she winked.

          I looked away, feeling like I’ve been exposed. “Maybe…”

          “It’s spilled all over your face honey. Would you like me to wave your hair for you?” she asked, winking again.

          I rolled my eyes. “No! I don’t need to impress him he’s already mine.”

          “Is he? Is he really?”

          I pouted. I felt degraded all of a sudden. “No…”

          “You guys may be together and is Kpop’s biggest buzz right now, but that doesn’t mean that he’s really yours, now does it?”

          I shook my head. “No.”

          “Then how are you going to make him officially yours?”

          I sighed. “I don’t know…besides…he already likes other idols. I do, too. There’s no need to take a step further in doing anything extra.”

          “Are you sure about that?”

          “Mm. I’m sure.”

 

 

          The following week at MCountdown INFINITE won their first award. I was standing somewhere near the back while Infinite was in front.

          “And the winner is….”

          Pause.

          “…INFINITE!”

          Cheers roared from the audience and even though it wasn’t me who’d won, I felt like crying because I knew how hard the boys worked. Artists were congratulating them and I stood on my tippee toes, looking for him. I felt so happy, I felt a rush go off inside of me. I knew that he would win! I just knew it!

          L and I met eyes and he smiled at me as I smiled at him. I practically ran through the crowd as I made my way to him as he stayed up front.

          “You did it!” I exclaimed, unaware that the camera was rolling.

          “We did it! We actually did it!” L said and I saw tears threatening to come out but I knew that he was holding it in.

          “I said you would! Didn’t I say-

          Suddenly L pulled me into a tight embrace as he wrapped his arms around me. I stood there, frozen at his sudden touch. My mind was bombarded with so many things, I felt like it was going to blow up.

          “We did it,” L was still saying as he held onto me tight.

          I let loose and wrapped my arms around him too. “I knew you could do it, yeobo.”

          L let go and raised a brow. “Yeobo?”

          .

          “I-I mean dork! I knew you could do it you dork! Hehe.” I looked away.

          L smiled. “Thanks, ______.”

          I looked at him. “For what?”

          L curled a strand of hair behind my ear and said softly, “For being here next to me.”

 

 

          Ashton slammed a newspaper in front of me.

          “DAEBAK,” he exclaimed.

          I took a look at the headlines and my eyes widened:

 

INFINITE’S L AND LEE ______ SHARE A BREATHTAKING HUG DURING INFINITE’S FIRST WIN SINCE DEBUT

 

          Underneath was a picture of me and L hugging. It kind of scared me, looking at us hugging each other so lovingly.

          “Um…is this a good thing?” I asked.

          “Good? It’s great! You guys are one of the most loved couples in Korea right now! It’s amazing! There are even requests for you guys to release a song together!” Ashton was all smiles.

          “Oh god no I don’t need any more time with that-

          “______,” Ashton interrupted.

          I blinked. “What?”

          “Was that hug really ‘acting’?” he asked.

          “U-Um…yeah, probably. Why?”

          Ashton laughed. “Haha well cause it doesn’t exactly look like acting. Looks pretty real to me.”

          I sighed. “We don’t like each other, Ashton. When will you get that to your head? And you still haven’t apologized for locking me and him up in a janitor’s closet!”

          Ever since that day I’d been thinking about him nonstop…

          “Why? Did you guys get ‘closer’?” Ashton winked.

          “Nothing interesting,” I fibbed.

          “Tell me! What happened?” Ashton asked.

          “He just…held my waist while we slept…that’s all,” I said nonchalantly even though I felt myself blush while recalling the magical event.

          “Awwwww! That’s adorable! He totally likes you ______,” Ashton said like some chick.

          “Ew no. He can’t. He calls me a all the time. And a bully. He hates me. That’s impossible,” I said.

          Ashton shrugged. “You never know. Stranger things have happened.”