Similarities

Saying I Love You Twice

“Sh sh don’t wake them up!”

          “Guys…”

          “…I bet they did something illegal.”

          “Guys shut up!”

          “SHHH!”

          “Shut up guys they’re going to wake up!”

          Hearing some commotion, I slowly opened my eyes. I found myself face to face with the Infinite members. All 6 of their faces were close to mine, observing me from above.

          What the ?

          I tried to get up, and I suddenly found my memory quite fizzy. I then remembered that L had forced me to sleep with him on the couch. His arms were still tightly woven around me and I could barely move.

          “Aw man, look what you did Woohyun you woke Myungsoo’s girlfriend up!” Sunggyu scolded.

          The other members glared at Woohyun while Sungyeol triumphantly held up a camera up high.

          “Don’t worry guys! I took pictures!” he said excitedly.

          My eyes widened.

          Pictures?

          PICUTURES?

          Oh my god what if I was drooling in one of them?

          I my lips and felt no drool on my face. I sighed in relief and tried prying L’s arms off of me but he was holding onto me so tight that I couldn’t.

          “U-Um…guys can you help me please?” I asked.

          “Oh yeah!”

          Hoya and Dongwoo forced L’s arms off of me and I wearily got up, my back a bit sore from sleeping in that uncomfortable position. Sungyeol was looking through his pictures in a corner of the dorm and I cornered him, snatching the camera from his hands.

          “Hey!”

          I said nothing as I scanned the pictures that he’d taken.

          Oh my gosh my face had been that close to the death note kid’s?

          I was so busy looking at how close our faces had been to each other’s while we were sleeping that I was completely caught off guard when Sungyeol snatched back his camera from my hands.

          “It’s okay ______,” Sungyeol said with a wink. “I won’t send it to anyone. But it may appear on yours and Myungsoo’s wedding day slideshow, just giving a head’s up.”

          “What? Who says we’re getting married?!” I exclaimed.

          By this time the death note kid was just starting to wake up. He droopily sat up on the couch and rubbed his head.

          “Are you feeling better Myungsoo?” Dongwoo asked him.

          “A bit…,” L said wearily. “And um…what is this about me and ______ getting married?”

          I started, “That, will never—

          “Dude I’m going to be your best man, right?” Hoya asked.

          “No man that’s going to be me!” Sungyeol exclaimed from beside me.

          I rolled my eyes and was really tempted to say something rash that would make them shut up about me getting married to their little visual over there. Something like, “Hey we’re only dating. I don’t even really like him. Our relationship’s going to end anyways.”

          But then I saw how happy all of the members looked. I saw how happy L looked and felt my heart grow heavy. Now that I knew he was a fan how was I supposed to act around him? I wanted to act like I’d never even seen the things in his room but I was the worst actress when pertaining to real life situations. Exhibit A was sitting on the couch.

          “Ay Myungsoo-ah is your wife an okay cook?” Sunggyu asked.

          Oh great now they’re starting to call me his wife.

          L looked at me and smiled. “Yes. She’s a great cook.”

          “Good! Because we’re all hungry,” Sungjong said with a timid smile. “Noona can you cook for us?”

          I pointed to myself. “M-Me?”

          Sungjong nodded, his eyes twinkling. “Please? It’s really rare of any of us to have a home cooked meal.”

          I looked at the boys and felt my heart soften at their politeness.

          I sighed. “Sure,” I said. “I’d love to.”

          So I went into the kitchen and got to work. I was reading my Japanese textbook at the same time, trying my best to multitask.

          “Whoa…”

          “The silhouette of a girl cooking…”

          “Daebak…”

          “No wonder she’s one of the top 5 prettiest girls in Korea…”

          “YAH!”

          I whirled around at the commotion to find L glaring at s.

          “She’s mine,” he said. “If you guys want a hot girlfriend like her than ask manager hyung to set you guys up.”

          “But Myungsoo-ah…isn’t it weird?” Sungyeol asked.

          “What’s weird?”

          “You and _____...aren’t even really dating. But yet you guys both act like it’s real. Are you sure you guys aren’t really dating?”

          “Yeah,” Woohyun agreed. “You guys are so real to the extent of us instinctively referring to her as your girlfriend or wife.”

          I stopped stirring and kept my back to the boys. This conversation was interesting.

          L shrugged and lay back down on the couch. “Maybe we like each other, maybe we don’t.”

          “But Myungsoo-ah, aren’t you her fa—

          “SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

          “What?”

          “Shut. Up,” L hissed through his clenched teeth.

          I smirked to myself. I probably shouldn’t tell him that I knew.

          “But then again...,” Dongwoo pondered. “She does seem to like Jaejoong sunbae.”

          My eyes widened.

          “She confessed about being his fan and liking him a lot before the news of hers and Myungsoo’s relationship broke out,” Hoya added.

          “Maybe she does like him…”

          “Yah,” I said sharply, turning around. “I can hear you guys you know.”

          “Hehehe oops,” Sungjong said, giggling.

          The members took a break from their little gossiping session and started playing some video games instead. L was silently resting on the couch.

          Woohyun and Sunggyu were nice enough to help me set up the dinner table and the eight of us were soon bestowed upon a bunch of plates of delicious foods and sides.

          “Mmmm this looks great noona!” Sungjong exclaimed.

          “Thank you,” I said. “Enjoy you guys!”

          We all dug in and I put a bunch of meat onto L’s plate.

          “Eat. A lot,” I commanded.

          “Yes ma’am,” L said in response. “But can you feed me again?”

          I laughed. “No. You’re better now you can do it yourself. Like a big boy.”

          “But I’m younger than you.”

          “Myungsoo-ah I’ll feed you~” Sungyeol teased beside him, threatening to dump a big spoonful of rice into his mouth.

          “Ew no get away from me,” L said, waving Sungyeol off.

          The members laughed and I lightly chuckled as well.

          Everyone finished the dinner I prepared and I felt flattered at how much they enjoyed my cooking.

          Sungjong his fingers. “That was delicious noona! Thank you.”

          “You’re welcome,” I beamed.

          “Are you going to stay here?” L asked me.

          I looked at the time: 7:30 PM. “I think I should be getting home,” I said. “I still have a whole bunch of Japanese to catch up on.”

          “You can practice it here. We’re learning it too so we can help each other out,” L said.

          “Wow Myungsoo. So desperate to make your girlfriend stay?” Woohyun teased from the back.

          L glared back at him and then turned back to me. “Please?”

          “I’m sorry L,” I said, grabbing my purse. “But I really do need to get home. I’ll see you at our next event, okay?”

          “Wait.”

          “What?”

          L opened his arms and smirked. “No goodbye hug?”

          I tried to hide the hint of surprise on my face when he said that.

          “Oooooo!” s cooed from behind.

          What the was he trying to do? What was with that smirk on his face?

          What I found even weirder was how I hadn’t brought myself to reject him or make some lame joke to decline his request. Instead I found myself opening my arms and falling into his. He pulled me close to him. I felt my heartbeat accelerate. It was weird because I knew that my heart shouldn’t have been beating so quickly. It was the death note kid. Not Jaejoong.

          L and I pulled away and I said, “You know your members are going to question you right?”

          L looked back at s, who’d been obviously watching the scene but pretended to be doing something productive anyways. Dongwoo’s book was upside down and Sungyeol and Sungjong were pretending to watch TV but it wasn’t even on. Dorks.

          L smirked. “Naw. They probably already know.”

          “Know what?” I asked.

          L shook his head with a small chuckle and ushered me out the door. “Nothing.”


 

Incoming message...

JJ: Yah! I saw your tweet!

YOU: LOL

JJ: You got a puppy? :D

YOU: Yes! I named her Mochi :3 she’s a Yorkshire terrier

JJ: Mochi? Like the ice cream?

YOU: LOL yes, I guess so

JJ: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA funnyyy

YOU: WHAT? D:

JJ: LOOOOOOL

YOU: oppa you’re a meanie :(

JJ: >D

YOU: I’m scared of you now

JJ: Good. Or imma eat you.

YOU: You can’t eat me D<

JJ: Yes I can

YOU: Your mouth is too small

JJ: Piece by piece

YOU: LOL oppa you’re so silly :3

JJ: ;)

 

          I smiled, making it look like I was grinning at my phone almost. L walked by and saw me. The both of us were at the salon again, getting our hair and facials done.

          “What are you creepily smiling at?” he asked, peering over at my phone.

          I pressed it to my chest, wanting to hide my conversation with Jaejoong from him. I shouldn’t have wanted to hide it at all, actually. It was weird how I felt like I should hide it from him. He knew that I was in love with Jaejoong too.

          But it was too late. He’d already seen it.

          “What? You text him?!” L angrily asked.

          “N-No.”

          “Yah, don’t deny it!” L snatched my phone from my hands and started scrolling through me and Jaejoong’s message thread.

          “YAH! That’s an invasion of privacy!” I exclaimed, trying to get my phone back.

          L rolled his eyes and carelessly threw it back to me. I caught it.

          “You text him but you don’t text me?” L barked.

          I didn’t say anything. To be quite honest, I saw L so much that I felt like there was no need to text him.

“Whatever,” L mumbled as he left the room.

          I watched him leave, feeling really guilty all of a sudden. This was why I hadn’t wanted him to know.

          Sunggyu walked into the salon and said, “______ is something wrong with Myungsoo? He just stormed out of the salon.”

          “I don’t know,” I said simply. Although, deep down inside, I felt like I knew the reason why.

          Sunggyu shrugged at my response. “Probably just stressed out, I hope. You’re going with us to Japan next week, right?”

          “Yeah, I am.” I grabbed my bag and started towards the door. “Guess I’ll see you then.”

          Sunggyu waved. “Bye ______.” He paused. “And…take care of Myungsoo, okay?”

          Why is he telling me this?

          “He doesn’t talk much, because he keeps a lot of things to himself. That worries us, sometimes. We never know how he’s really feeling. Even though this whole relationship thingy is a charade, please don’t forget to look after him,” Sunggyu said. “As a girlfriend or as a friend in general.”

          Ah. The words spoken by a true leader. I had no choice but to say yes.

          I left the salon and looked down the street, but found L nowhere in sight.

          “Boo.”

          “Eep!”

          Jaejoong laughed at me as I did a mini hop in the air. I was surprised to see him but didn’t complain.

          “Hahahahaha! You jumped!” Jaejoong exclaimed.

          I put my hands on my hips. “Not funny oppa. What are you doing here anyways?”

          Jaejoong pointed to the building next door. “My salon is right next to yours.”

          “Oh really? You should start going to mine!” I said excitedly.

          “But…don’t you and your boyfriend go to the same salon? I feel like he doesn’t like me very much.” Jaejoong humbly chuckled.

          “Naww that’s just the way he is,” I said. “Besides, everyone knows that you’re my favorite oppa.”

          “That’s right,” Jaejoong said with a smile, “an eternal Cassie.”

          I beamed at him. Jaejoong reached out and lightly patted my head. I was suddenly reminded of how L had patted my head just the same. It was such a small gesture but it was L’s trademark, almost. I found it funny how Jaejoong did the same thing.

          Those two are more similar than I thought…

          “Shall we go get some coffee?” Jaejoong asked.

          “Sure.” I hesitated. “But…wouldn’t the press, like—

          “It’s fine,” Jaejoong said. “They think that we have an idol-fan relationship anyways. No big deal.”

          I walked alongside Jaejoong and the both of us headed over to the nearest coffee shop. I always had fun hanging out with Jaejoong. Whenever I did my mind was always focused on him, my thoughts were always bombarded with him. Hanging out with him that afternoon, made me realize how much I still loved him. Whatever feelings I had for that death note kid might’ve been pity or even kindness, nothing serious.

          I really wish that I hadn’t known that he was my fan though. Because knowing that he somewhat admired me made it harder for me to stop thinking about him, even while I was having coffee with the man I loved the most.

 

A/N: You're going to stick with Jaejoong for the most part and then start only pretending to like him because you're in denial about eventually liking Myungsoo haha just giving you guys a heads up! :)