Until Death Do Us Part

Saying I Love You Twice

 

          “Haha you at basketball.”

          “Yah! You haven’t made a single basket either!”

          “Yeah but at least I didn’t trip while dribbling PUAHAHAHAHA.”

          My nostrils flared and I felt my body grow warm. “Shut up,” I snapped.

          “Yes ma’am,” Myungsoo said. He smiled at me and I smiled at him back.

          The two of us were at the park, and were supposed to be exercising. Myungsoo had found a lost basketball in the bushes and challenged me to a game. None of us seemed to be very good at basketball though.

          “So how’s your new movie coming along?” I asked him.

          Myungsoo shrugged. “It’s alright. Same old same old.”

          “I heard Suzy auditioned for the female lead but didn’t make it,” I said nonchalantly.

          Myungsoo stopped bouncing the ball and looked at me. “Yah,” he said with a smirk. “Are you jealous?”

          I rolled my eyes. “Well no Sherlock. That Invincible Youth episode still bugs me.”

“That was years ago, ______,” Myungsoo said with a chuckle. “I don’t like her.”

          “But you think she’s pretty.”

          “Well dur. She’s one of the prettiest girls in Korea, still.”

          “Huh,” I said. “Fine then.”

          “C’mon ______ don’t act like this to me,” Myungsoo said. “You check out Yoon Doojoon from Beast!”

          “Hey! That’s different!”

          “No it isn’t.”

          “Yes it is.”

          “No.”

          “Yes.”

          Myungsoo was going to argue with me further, if it weren’t for a certain oppa interrupting us.

          “______,” Jaejoong said.

          My eyes brightened and I could tell that Myungsoo was growing wary at my overly happy reaction to Jaejoong’s presence.

          “Oppa!” I exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

          “I was taking a jog,” Jaejoong replied. “And saw you and your boyfriend. So I thought I might as well stop by and say hi.”

          I smiled. “Well that’s very nice of you, oppa.”

          Jaejoong grinned at me and glanced at Myungsoo. “Hey, Myungsoo.”

          L awkwardly nodded at him and said, “Hi.” I could tell that the both of them were making an effort to make amends with each other but things were still bitter between the two.

          “Well,” Jaejoong said, “I’d better get going. See you around guys.”

          “Bye oppa!” I said as I waved after him. Myungsoo just absentmindedly bounced the basketball up and down.

          “He was being very nice to you,” I said to Myungsoo once Jaejoong was gone.

          “Yeah I know,” Myungsoo mumbled.

          “Hey,” I said as I put my hands on his cheeks and brought his eyes to meet mine. Then I gave him a reassuring grin and said, “I love you.”

          Myungsoo’s face brightened. “Do you know,” he said, “how much I love it when you say those three words to me?”

          “I think I have an idea,” I said.

He smiled and said, “Good.”

 

 

          As time passed by, Myungsoo and I ironically grew busier and busier. It wasn’t like the usual idol busy. The both of us weren’t even heavily promoting or anything. But business deals came in, the both of us got busy with college and school as well, and we both had to travel a lot.

          And of course, the kid and I had that thing where weeks would feel like years. It was painful being away from him, and webcamming wasn’t the same. I think I missed him a little bit too much, although I tried not to show it.

          “How is it in Thailand, dork?” I asked him one night before my benefit concert. I was getting my hair done, and was talking to him over the phone at the same time.

          “Very, very hot. Seriously I think I’m going to die,” Myungsoo replied.

          I laughed and said, “Eat a lot. And make sure to sleep a lot.”

          “Will do.” There was a pause. “I miss you,” he finally said.

          “I miss you too,” I said. “I want to see you.”

          “I do, too.” There was suddenly some commotion in the back and he had to go. “I’ll see you soon, ______,” he said before he hung up.

          I sighed and stared at my phone, wondering when I would see him in person again.

          “_______,” Ashton said from beside me. “It’s show time.”

          I nodded and fixed one last curl before heading out onto the stage. Cheers and claps erupted from the audience and my adrenaline was pumping. Towards the end of the concert, I knew I was growing tired but hid it from the fans. There was only one song left to sing.

          “This song,” I said, “has got to be my favorite self-written and self-composed song. This song means a lot to me, and I’m sure half of you guys already know what it is and who it’s about.” Then I smiled as that dork’s face flashed through my mind. “I hope you guys enjoy it.”      

         

I know I shouldn’t cry already
but why do I keep crying?
My heart toward you acts however it wants
So it keeps sending me to you

         

          I still remember, fresh in my mind, the day Myungsoo sang this song with me. I remember the pain I felt after the performance, and how we’d both tried so hard to be just friends after the argument. Of course, these memories were painful, but they were a good kind of painful. It made me realize how far Myungsoo and I have come and how everything was just so worth it.

          At the end of the song, I noticed that some fans were in tears. I was close to breaking down too, actually.

          “I haven’t seen him in a long time,” I said as my eyes surveyed the audience. “And I miss him a lot. But he…” My voice trailed off as I suddenly met eyes with a familiar boy wearing black. I rubbed my eyes, thinking that I was seeing things, but it was him.

          Other fans noticed that he was here too and gasped.

          Myungsoo walked down the aisle, and I was so shocked at seeing him at my concert that my feet couldn’t move to meet him halfway. They were stuck, frozen, and I couldn’t do anything about it.

          The security guard let him up on the stage and he walked up to me, his eyes on me the entire time.

          “W-What are you doing here?” I asked him.

          Suddenly, he got down on one knee, and I felt myself take in a breath. My body began to shake and I felt dizzy.

          O-Oh my god…i-is he…

          And before I knew it, everything was black.

 

 

          When I opened my eyes, I was at a hospital, resting on a cot. I looked around, puzzled, and completely confused. Beside me, Myungsoo was sleeping, with his fingers intertwined with mine.

          He’s so cute…

          His eyelids fluttered open, and I stared at him the entire time as he stirred awake.

          “H-Hey,” he said once he came to. “You’re up.”    

          “Yeah,” I said. “What happened?”

          “Well,” Myungsoo started, “you were performing at your concert, and fainted.”

          “Oh my god,” I said. “Did all of my fans get home okay?”

          Myungsoo nodded. “The question is, are you okay?”

          “My head feels alright,” I said. “But it’s weird cause like…I remember seeing you at my concert…but it feels like a dream…”

          “Oh I didn’t go to your concert,” Myungsoo said. “Ashton called me and I rushed over here from Thailand.”

          “Really?” I asked, more confused than ever. “Then I guess it really was a dream…”

          Myungsoo smiled at me and said, “I’m kidding, ______. You can be really gullible sometimes.”

          “Wait,” I said. “I’m confused.”

          Myungsoo stared at me and I gazed into those deep brown eyes of his.

          “_______,” he said, “remember how I said that I saw you for the first time at a concert, and fell in love with you at first sight?”

          “Yeah,” I said, “I remember.”

          Myungsoo swallowed. “We’ve gone through a lot of ups and downs. When I finally met you, I didn’t know we’d end up like this. I was always hoping, but never thought that it would actually come true. I will never forget everything that has happened to us, everything that we shared. But I will especially never forget the day you told me you loved me at the beach. That was honestly, the happiest I’ve ever felt.”

          Myungsoo took out a diamond ring from his pocket and smirked. “I can’t believe I’m doing this at a hospital. But they say to go with your gut.” He held on tightly to my hand and looked straight into my eyes as he said, “Lee _______, I promise to love you infinitely. I promise you that I’ll always be here for you, no matter what happens. I want to wake up every morning knowing that you’re mine, and mine only.”

He swallowed, and I felt my heart race faster every single second that passed by. “Lee _______,” he finally said, “will you marry me?”

I froze in shock and a warm feeling suddenly erupted inside of my heart. Without realizing it, tears began to brim my eyes. I was absolutely speechless; I could barely even breathe.

          “_______?” Myungsoo said.

          I stared into those deep brown eyes of his, the eyes that I love so much. “Y-Yes!” I said. “Yes I would marry you I-I’m sorry I just…” I felt another tear slip off my cheek.

          Myungsoo softly grinned at me as he gently caressed my face, wiping the tears away.

          “I can’t believe you’re proposing to me at a hospital,” I said with a small laugh as I pulled him closer.

          “Yah I was going to do it at your concert! But you fainted!” Myungsoo exclaimed.

“Well sorry,” I mumbled. “I think I was too overwhelmed from seeing you haha.”

          “Missed me that much?”

          “Always.” I got lost into those eyes again and brushed the bangs away from his handsome, impeccable face. “But we’re together now, forever.”

          Myungsoo leaned in and kissed me, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Then he smiled through our kiss and said, “Till death do us part.”

 

A/N: Ehhhh i'm so sorry i didn't exactly know how to write this T-T i'm honestly not good with lovey dovey stuff LOL but nonetheless i hope you guys enjoyed! it took me a while to figure this out haha

i'm planning for the next chapter to be the last :( i'm honestly very sad that this story is ending LOL i enjoyed writing this story so much and ugh....it means a lot to me that you guys like it a lot too :)

I'll make sure to post my new L. Joe story as soon as i get everything set up! :)