"Myungsoo-ah"

Saying I Love You Twice

 

A/N: i tried to make this chapter a bit longer hehe enjoy! <3


 

I didn’t dare watch an episode of Shut Up Flower Boy Band. Kiko tells me that she doesn’t even appear in the first few episodes but I didn’t care. I hated that feeling when I saw him and her together and I never wanted to feel it ever again.

          “So how are you and Myungsoo?” Ashton asked me one day.

          I shrugged while pretending to look at my split ends. “I don’t know.”

          “_______ don’t say that,” Ashton pressed.

          I stopped playing with my hair and a sudden feeling of sadness overwhelms me.

          “Should I….” I paused and bit my lip, feeling hesitant of saying what I was about to say. “…Should I start calling him Myungsoo?” I asked quietly.

          Ashton considered this. “Well yeah, you should. You guys are dating and yet you don’t even call him his real name.”

          I sighed and tiredly leaned my head back. “We’re not even really dating.”

          “Keep telling yourself that.”

          “You’d set this up on purpose, didn’t you?” I asked. “You want me to be in a real relationship with him.”

          “You don’t even know his side of the story, do you?” Ashton asked.

          “Wait…what story? What side?” I questioned, growing confused. “Do you guys know things that I don’t know about?”

          Ashton sighed and gave me a reassuring smile. “All will be revealed in time.”

          I was still thinking about whether I should call L ‘Myungsoo’ or not that night as I lay in my bed. But then I remembered something that I’d said when we’d first met:

 

And for the record,” L chimed in, “since we’re dating now, wouldn’t it be more appropriate if you called me my real name, Kim Myungsoo?”

          I glared at him. “The day when I call you your real name is the day when I’ll fall in love with you, which will obviously be, never.”

 

          If L really remembered such words, wouldn’t he get the wrong idea and think that I’m in love with him? Which I’m not, obviously.

          Frustrated, I shook my head and brought myself under the covers. The only reason I was thinking about this anyways was because of what Yerim said to me. If she’d never said it, it would’ve never crossed my mind.

          The next morning I was scheduled for a plane to Japan along with L and his crew. The ride to the airport together was awkward. We didn’t talk or look at each other. Silence filled the air and I could tell that Kiko was growing tense at such behavior between me and him.

          It was packed at the airport. Fans were everywhere, with signs, banners, and presents to give to us. Screams erupted as L and I walked through the airport together. Fans crowded around us, and I tried my best to stick close to him but it was growing difficult with all of the heads popping out of nowhere. I still tried to faintly keep my eyes on his fedora, not wanting to get lost in this mob.

          “______ I LOVE YOU!”

          “MYUNGSOO OPPA!”

          “OMG THEY’RE TOGETHER AHHHHH!”

          I smiled at the fans and looked around for L but he was gone. I didn’t see him anywhere. My heartbeat accelerated and I started to panic. I looked for Kiko too but he was nowhere in sight.

          “L? L-ah!” I shouted aloud.

          My shouts could be barely heard though with all of the fans screaming. My eyes kept searching around and around, wondering where he was. I grew worried. What if he’d left without me? What if he didn’t care about me to the extent of abandoning me at the airport? He hasn’t even looked at me all day, he probably didn’t know that I was even behind him when we were walking, he—

          My thoughts were interrupted as I suddenly felt a hand slip into mine. He grabbed onto me tight and pulled me towards him as he led me through the crowd. I stumbled beside him, looking up at his handsome face in awe. I felt a magical feeling surge throughout my chest and realized that I’d never been so happy to see him in my entire life. Why was I so happy to see the death note kid? This has never happened before.

          “MYUNGSOO AND ______ ARE HOLDING HANDS!”

          “HE’D GRABBED HER HAND!”

          “DID YOU SEE THAT?”

          “I THOUGHT THAT ONLY HAPPENED IN DRAMAS!”

          L looked back at me to see if I was okay and all I did was stare at him. He gave me a reassuring smile that made my heart skip a beat.

 

 

          L and I awkwardly sat next to each other on the plane ride to Japan. He was listening to music while I was reading a book.

          “A thank you would be nice,” L suddenly said.

          I honestly hadn’t even been reading, but instead staring at the words on the pages as I secretly thought back to the airport scene.

          “Thank you,” I said. “Did you know that I was behind you?”

          “Of course I did.”

          “You had a funny way of showing it,” I mumbled quietly. “I’d thought that you were going to leave me.”

          “Why would I do that?” L asked.

          I shrugged. “It’s been a long time since we’ve actually talked. I’d thought that you were mad at me or something.”

          “I can never stay mad at you ______,” L said quietly. I had a feeling that he hadn’t meant for me to hear that but I heard it anyways. “Get some sleep ______,” L said, changing the subject. “Don’t worry. I won’t take pictures of you drooling in your sleep.” L snickered at his own joke.

          “Yah!” I said, slapping his arm. “I’m not tired. So for you.”

          The plane ride from Korea to Japan wasn’t supposed to be that long, but I started growing tired anyways. L pulled my head onto his broad shoulder and I took notice about how perfect my head just fits onto his shoulder. He soothingly my hair and softly said, “I love you, ______.” Then he smirked. “Just kidding.”

          “Were you really just kidding?” I daringly asked.     

          L gave me a look and smiled a bit as he nodded. I found his smile to be a sad one rather than a happy one but it could just be me. “Sure,” he said.

 

 

          Valentine’s Day came up while we were in Japan. The entire nation was expecting the death note kid and me to do something special. I had no clue what to do though. Bake cupcakes for him? Cookies? Give him chocolates and flowers? I’d never thought about giving anyone anything for Valentine’s Day besides Jaejoong and my minor, minor crushes during high school. And those didn’t even last that long.

          “Maybe send him a card?” Kiko suggested.

          I grimaced at the idea. “Yeah but…it doesn’t feel enough.”

          “You want to do more for him?”

          I shrugged. “I feel like I should.”

          “Bake him a cake? Your baking’s pretty well known as well,” Kiko said.

          I rubbed my head in frustration. “Why is this so hard?! Do you know what he’s going to get for me? That is, if he’s getting anything for me at all?”

          “I’m pretty sure he’ll do something for you,” Kiko replied. “Don’t know what, though. Even if I did know I wouldn’t tell you.”

          “You’re no help.”

          After finishing my schedule early I got dressed into some casual clothing at the hotel and headed out to the Japanese malls. I didn’t know where Infinite was staying. The both of us staying in the same hotel would be too scandalous so we were living in different ones. As if we weren’t scandalous enough.

          I looked through the clothing racks and window shopped for a while, but still couldn’t find anything that I could give him. I knew he liked fedoras and plaid shirts, but he already had many. It wouldn’t make a difference if I bought him another one. I wanted my present to be special.

          I walked past the jewelry store and my eyes immediately landed on a pair of couple infinity rings. They were simple bands with an infinity sign molded on the front. I didn’t know if the death note kid wore rings, but something inside told me to get it. I had nothing else anyways.

          After buying the rings I started wondering why I’d even bought them in the first place. I wondered why I was so picky about what to get him. I could’ve just gotten him a plate of sushi or a cupcake or something and be all like, “Hey dork Happy Valentine’s Day.” But I’d gotten him something that had value.

          If he starts to misunderstand, I’ll just say that Ashton thought that it was about time that we got couple rings. You know, for the publicity and all.

          When Valentine’s Day came around I was arranged to meet with L for an interview. We all went into the broadcast room and I sat next to L. We talked about promotions and the usual things. The ending topic was about my relationship with him. I kind of expected it.

          “So how are you guys going to spend Valentine’s Day?” the Japanese interviewer asked. “Surely you guys must be doing something!”

          L put his hand on my knee. I don’t know why but it sent tingles down my skin.

          “It’s a surprise,” L said cleverly. He gazed at me and I gazed at him back. “Even she doesn’t know what I got her.”

          The Infinite members giggled and snickered in the background and the interviewer was seen holding her hand to her chest, beaming at us as if we were the cutest thing in the world.

          No. We’re not.

          After the interview ended L and I walked out to the van together. The Infinite members apparently wanted to all ride in “another van”. The kid and I were alone.

          The ride was silent. I looked out the window and wondered when and how I should give him my present.

          “Happy Valentine’s Day, _______,” L suddenly said quietly.

          I looked over at him: he was staring out the window as well. His eyes shifted over to me and I randomly took notice of how nice he looked with the sun shining on him through the window like that.

          Feeling myself stare, I awkwardly coughed and pulled out a small box from my bag. It was wrapped in red wrapping paper, with a silver bow on the top.

          “For you,” I said, avoiding his eyes. I didn’t want to make it sound like I actually cared.

          L tentatively took the small box from my hands and examined it.

          “It’s not a bomb, is it?” he asked cautiously.

          I managed a laugh. “No. Now open it,” I pressed.

          L undid the wrapping paper and his eyes widened when he found out that it was a ring box. He slowly opened it. Encased were two rings. He looked at me, puzzled.

          “You’re not…proposing to me are you?” L asked.

          I smacked his arm. “No! Are you crazy?” I looked away as I said, “Ashton just said, you know….that it’s about time that we get couple rings.”

          L peered over at me suspiciously. “Are you sure Ashton told you to buy these?”

          “Yes,” I fibbed.

          “Hmm…” L took out the girl ring and said, “Give me your hand. I’ll put it on for you.”

          I gave L my hand and he smoothly slid the infinity ring onto my ring finger. This felt more official than it should’ve been.

          L handed me the boy ring and I took his hand, sliding the ring onto his ring finger. The both of us beamed at the rings on each other’s fingers.

          “They suit us all too perfectly,” L said. “With the infinity sign and all.”

          I genuinely smiled. “Yeah….”

          “I have something for you too,” L said, rummaging in his bag for something.

          He took out a box much larger than mine. He’d also wrapped his present in red wrapping paper.

          “I wrapped it myself,” L said proudly.

          I opened the present. Inside was a pretty floral blouse. Funny because I remember wanting it when I was window shopping the other day.

          “It’s so pretty,” I said. “Thank you! I wanted this!”

          L scratched the back of his head. “I don’t exactly know how to shop for girls. So I asked the coordi noona. But I picked out the color and size.”

          I was so touched that he actually took the time to get me such a gift and held it close to my chest as I smiled happily. “Thank you, Myungsoo-ah.”

          “Myungsoo?”

          . What the did I just say.

          L grabbed my shoulders. He was smiling so big that I thought his cheeks were going to pop out. “You called me Myungsoo! You called me Myungsoo!” he kept saying.

          “I—

          L hugged me tight and I felt like I was choking. He kept saying the same words over and over again: “You’d called me Myungsoo!” Was he that happy that I called him his real name?

          “Wait…,” L suddenly said as he pulled away from me.

          Oh no. Don’t tell me he remembers.

          But he did.

          “I remember you saying once that you’d never call me Myungsoo unless you were in love with me.” He smirked. “Are you in love with me?” he asked

          The nerve.

          “No. I’m not. I just said it on accident it’s not—

          “But you’d said it,” L pressed.

          “On accident.”

          “But you said—

          “Forget what I said, okay? That was a while ago anyways,” I said.

          L snickered. “But you still said it. That’s good enough for me.”

          Suddenly a camera flashed before our eyes and I looked up to see our chauffer smiling big as he held a camera in his hands.

          “This is definitely going in the wedding slideshow,” he said with a grin.

          “YAH!” L and I both said.

 

A/N: I just want to say that I like Yerim as a person but I disliked her in the drama with Myungsoo LOL! I know I shouldn't but I couldn't help it. It's Myungsoo, after all. Who wouldn't be jealous LOL so yeah. Please don't mind her character in this story since every story needs a xD Sorry if there were any misunderstandings LOL ^-^