Best Birthday Ever

Saying I Love You Twice

Stupid Ashton. I wanted to push him into a puddle.

          “Looks like you’re staying with us tonight,” Hoya said, patting my shoulder.

“But we’ll leave you with your boyfriend, of course,” Dongwoo said with a wink.

          “Don’t do something illegal!” Woohyun said, once again.

          The boys washed up and prepared for bed. Some made an effort to clean up the remnants from the party while the majority decided to just do it the following morning.

          I longingly looked at the door where the others have left and gone home. Oh how I wished to be one of them. But no. To please my CEO I had to stay here in this dungeon with my torturous—

          “_______,” L said, interrupting my thoughts. “Want to borrow my Pikachu pajamas? They’re uni.”

          “Um…sure,” I replied. What else could I have said?

          So I changed into L’s little Pikachu pajamas and brushed my teeth.

          “Cute,” L commented.

          “Stop checking me out,” I snapped.

          “I can’t check out my own girlfriend?” L asked.

          “We—

          I stopped myself. I remembered how I’d felt when L had said those words and realized that I didn’t exactly want L to feel as terrible as I did so I refrained myself from saying those words.

          “Never mind,” I said. “So where am I sleeping?”

          “On a bed.” L smirked. “With me.”

          “Ewwwww.” I grimaced. “No.”

           L shrugged. “Suit yourself. The floor for you it is.”

          Of course I would rather sleep on the floor than with him.

          L rooms with Sungyeol, who sleeps on the top bunk. I made myself at home on the floor beside L’s bottom bunk, although it was quite hard. The floor was quite dusty and unclean and I couldn’t help but yearn for the bed. But I stopped myself.

          “Good night everybody!” Sunggyu sang as he turned off all of the lights in the dorm.

          “It’s not often that we get to all sleep at the same time like this,” L said in the darkness. His face was looking up and his hands were behind his head. “But it’s my birthday so there should be some good in it, right?”

        I nodded in the darkness, although I’m not sure if he even saw. “Did you have fun today?” I asked.

          L shrugged. “It could’ve been better.” My expression turned sour. “What about you?”

          “Same,” I replied.

          “But you got to hang out with Jaejoong,” L said. “Was it half well because of me? Because Ashton made you come back here for me?”

          “No it’s not that,” I said.

          “Then why wasn’t your birthday the best?” L asked.

          “I don’t know actually…” I pondered about it myself. “But something feels missing.”

          “Hmm…” L thought about it. “Did anyone sing happy birthday to you today? Because we didn’t sing when we were eating cake.”

          “No one sang to me today,” I said. “Maybe that’s it.”

          “I’ll sing to you,” L volunteered. “My voice isn’t as diverse as Jaejoong’s but I’ll try my best.”

          “Awh L that’s so sweet. But really, you don’t need to. Besides, isn’t Sungyeol sleeping?” I asked.

          “I’m still awake guys,” Sungyeol said from above.

          “Who cares about him he doesn’t mind,” L said. He cleared his throat and prepared to sing despite Sungyeol’s presence.

          “Seng il chook ha hamni da, seng il chook ha hamni da, sa rang ha nuen ______,
seng il chook ha hamni da~”

          I smiled. “You’re such a dork.”

          “I sounded like an alien, didn’t I?” L asked.

          “Yes, but a cute alien,” I replied.

          L seemed pretty pleased at my reaction. “Do you want me to sing for you?” I asked. “Since you sang for me?”

          L rolled over so that he was facing me. “Yes please. Sing a different song though.”

          “What other happy birthday songs are there?”

          “It doesn’t have to be a birthday song,” L said. “Any song is fine.”

          L looked at me patiently and I searched through my mind as to which song I should sing. Then, it came to me.

Your Song

          I felt L’s eyes on me as I sang the entire time. It was weird how I’ve sang in front of so many people before with no nervousness at all, but with L I was actually quite nervous. Maybe because he was my fan and I didn’t want to disappoint him.

          “The voice of an angel,” L said softly, half asleep.

          “Tired?” I asked.

          L nodded and yawned, closing his eyes.

          “Good night, Myungsoo-ah,” I said quietly.

          L smiled with his eyes closed. It was a beautiful sight. “You called me Myungsoo again.”

          “It’s your birthday, I might as well,” I replied.

          I tried to go to sleep after we said our good nights but it was quite difficult. No matter where I put my pillow or how high I pulled up my covers, I just couldn’t go to sleep on that hard, dirty floor. I looked up at L’s bunk and was tempted to just climb in there with him. I’ve slept beside him before – two times to be exact – so a third one shouldn’t make a difference. But would he let me?

          “L-ah,” I whispered.

          L smirked in his sleep and tiredly patted the space next to him. “I knew it,” I heard him mumble.

          I grinned and climbed onto the bed with him. Even though it was just a twin sized bed, the both of us fit just fine. I liked how he just knew what I was about to say, even before I was about to say it. Maybe the guy knew me better than I thought.

          “How did you know?” I asked as he put his arms around me like how he always does.

          “I didn’t,” L said, eyes still closed. He pulled me close to his chest and I closed my eyes. “But I was hoping,” he said softly.

          I smiled and could already feel myself drifting off into dreamland. It was amazing how much he affects me. I couldn’t imagine doing this with anybody else, not even Jaejoong. Which was weird as because I’d once thought that I could imagine myself doing lovey dovey things with Jaejoong and only Jaejoong. But that was before I’d met L. It was weird knowing that I could picture myself with someone else besides him.

          Best birthday ever.

          Best birthday ever.

 

A/N: I just wanted to update again hehe :3