Locked

Saying I Love You Twice

 

Listen to 4men – Ttok Ttok Ttok: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNsyd8Itzqg&feature=related  

“________.”

          “Yes Ashton?” I said into the phone.

          “I know it’s late and all, but do you mind bringing a package to Woolim for me? Since you’re still at the Entrust office?” Ashton asked.

          “Mm. Where is it?”

          “In my office, on my desk.”

          I grabbed the small package from Ashton’s desk and drove over to Woolim. I pressed the button to the elevator and it opened to reveal L.

          I looked at him weirdly and stepped inside, standing a good distance beside him.

          “What are you doing here?” L asked.

          “Delivering a package for Ashton,” I said. “Do you know which floor the main office is on?”

          “Yeah. I’ll take you there.” L pressed on level 6 and the both of us waited for the elevator to move.

          “Woolim looks pretty nice,” I commented.

          L shrugged. “It’s okay.”

          He led me down the hall and we suddenly bumped into the CEO.

          “Oh! There you are. ______ has to give you something,” L said.

          The CEO looked over at me with a friendly face. “Hello there ______.”

          I bowed and gave him the package. “Here you go.”

          “Oooo thanks. Um, do you guys mind doing a small errand for me?” the CEO asked.

          L and I nodded. “Sure.”

          “Can you guys go grab some brooms and dust pans in the janitor’s closet down the hall? I spilled my dinner a while ago,” the CEO said.

          “Alright.”

          L and I walked down the hall to the janitor’s closet. L opened it up and the both of us stepped inside.

          Suddenly, the door was slammed shut and I heard a lock click into place. Some laughter and giggles could be heard outside.

          I recognized Ashton’s laughter.

          “Yah, yah! Ashton is that you? Let me out of here!” I said, banging on the door.

          “Have fun ______ and Myungsoo!” Ashton and the Woolim CEO said together.

          Oh my god they weren’t serious were they?

          “YAH! ASHTON! LET ME OUT!” I exclaimed.

          “Don’t you mean us?” L said quietly in the back.

          “Psh no! LET ME OUT!” I yelled again. I did not want to be alone with the death note kid.

          But no response came from the other side and I sank down to the ground in despair.

          Why. WHY. Why would Ashton do this to me? Why did he want to stick this death note kid to me so badly? I see him enough. I get paired up with him enough. Was this one of his tricks to make me find ‘true love’ or whatever? Aish.

          I looked over at L, who was staring at the ground. He looked like he was thinking about something.

          “Yah, L-ah,” I said. “Aren’t you going to help me?”

          “There’s no way out of here except through that door. And it’s locked. Trust me, I’d know. Woohyun hyung got himself stuck in here before…”

          “Well then what are we supposed to do now? It’s late and I’m tired. I want to go home and sleep,” I whined.

          L shrugged. “Sleep here.”

          I gaped at him. “Here? In front of you?”

          “I’m not gonna you or anything,” L said bluntly.

          “No it’s not that…”

          “Then what is it?”

          I looked away and coldly said, “Nothing.”

          “You sure?”

          I nodded.

          L shrugged again. “Okay. Whatever floats your boat.”

          L and I sat on opposite sides of the small, cluttered janitor’s closet. I tried playing with my phone but there was no signal. I don’t even remember what I did for the hours that I spent in there. Probably just a whole lot of nothing.

          I yawned for the umpteenth time and L said tiredly, “______ you should sleep.”

          I yawned again. “No…”

          “Why? Just close your eyes and sleep. You’re obviously tired. And I already said that I’m not going to do anything to you. Do you think I’m that terrible of a person? Do you-

          “I just can’t,” I blurted out.

          “Can you tell me why?” L asked.

          I glared at him. “Why do you want to know?”

          L rolled his eyes. “It’s because you won’t sleep! I’m trying to sleep but you keep yawning and it bothers me.”

          I looked away, not wanting to answer him.

          “Is it an embarrassing habit that you do when you sleep?” L asked.

          I nodded.

          “On a scale of 1-10, how embarrassing?”

          “Infinity.”

          “What could be so embarrassing?”

          I turned around and said, “If I tell you, will you laugh at me?”

          “If it’s such a horrible secret for you, why would I laugh? C’mon ______ I’m not that terrible.”

          I closed my eyes and sighed. “I…drool when I sleep. A LOT. Like, I’m not even kidding.”

          L stared at me and then laughed.

          He laughed!

          “Yah I thought you said that you weren’t going to laugh!”

          “Hahaha! I’m laughing because it’s so stupid! ______ everyone drools once in a while when they sleep, it’s unavoidable,” L said reassuringly. “Just sleep. If you drool, I won’t think you’re less beautiful.”

          I raised a brow. “You think I’m beautiful?”

          “U-Uh…sure hehe.” L looked away, rubbing the back of his neck.

          I smiled to myself. I don’t know why his opinions mattered to me so much.

          L and I had found a rug in the corner and used it as a mattress, kind of. A heating blanket was found and the both of us decided to share it. Sandbags were used for pillows. In my opinion, we did a pretty darn good job. Or maybe Ashton had also set this up I don’t even know.

          I was still a little paranoid about L catching me drool since I still didn’t 100% trust him. I stayed awake for a little bit longer. But then I yawned again and L heard it.

          His back was facing me as he said tiredly, “______ go to sleep…”

          “I can’t. It’s cold,” I fibbed.

          L suddenly turned over and put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. My eyes widened in surprise and I felt my body tense up. Why was my heart beating so fast?

          L stared at me and I found myself getting lost into his mysterious eyes. He had beautiful eyes, eyes that any girl could get lost into. It made my heart do flip flops. How come I’d never noticed how good looking he was until now?

          “Are you cold now?” L asked softly.

          I shook my head, too stunned to respond verbally. I’d only said that to get him off my case. I didn’t expect him to react this way.

          L smiled. He smiled. He has such a beautiful smile.

          “Good.” He pulled me closer to his chest and his warm arms fully enclosed around me. “Sweet dreams, bully.”

          I smiled, closing my eyes. “You too, dork.”