Saying I Love You Once

Saying I Love You Twice

One morning I got a strange letter in the mail:

 

Watch your back, Lee ______.

 

          There was no signature. The letter had been made out of letters from magazine clippings and the setup seemed all too suspicious. Was this a threat?

          I rolled my eyes and tossed the letter into the trashcan. It was probably just some weirdo wanting to scare me. An anti-fan, perhaps. Nothing worth worrying about.

Listen to Infinite - Julia

          It’s funny how you coincidentally run into people. This was exactly what I was thinking when I bumped into that dork at the gym.

          Out of all places.

          Running on the treadmill with my ear buds on, I was absentmindedly scanning the place when I suddenly see a familiar figure lifting weights on the other side. Puzzled, I got off of the treadmill and cautiously went up to the guy.

          “L?”

          The guy stopped bench pressing and sat up.

          Holy .

          L, the guy whom I must call my boyfriend, was wearing a sleek black wife beater in addition to basketball shorts and polished Nikes. He was sweating and stuff but for some reason that added to the attractive scene before me.

          Damn.

          Where has he been all my life.

          I tried not to stare as I said, “What are you doing here?”

          L gave me a puzzled look. “Uhh I work out here. Obviously. What about you?”

          “Same,” I said. “Huh. I never knew we went to the same gym.”

          L shrugged. “Neither did I. When did you sign up?”

          “Before our relationship happened, that’s for sure,” I replied.

          “Same here.” L smirked. “Think we would’ve run into each other here even if our relationship never happened?”

          “Maybe,” I said. “Actually…I don’t know…”

          “Or would you still be all up on that other guy?” L asked, referring to the other guy as Jaejoong.

          I laughed. “Haha very funny. Are you done working out?”

          “I don’t know,” L said. “Why?”

          “Because I’m hungry,” I replied. “Let’s go eat.”

          L chuckled. “Whatever you say Princess.”

          So there L and I were, in our sweat clothes, eating some burgers and fries. Some fans at the burger joint were taking pictures and giggling about the both of us but it was hardly noticeable. After all, when I was with him, no one else and nothing else mattered.

          “Been busy lately?” I asked.

          L nodded. “I barely have time to do anything anymore. Dance practice lasts all day and then there’s drama filming here and there.”

          “Don’t overwork yourself,” I said. “You’ve been doing an awful lot of acting.”

          L smirked. “Scared I’ll meet someone else?”

          “No,” I snapped.

          The dork smiled and ruffled the top of my head, messing up my hair. “Awhh you’re so cute when you’re jealous,” he cooed.

          “Shut up,” I barked, fixing my hair. “What about you, huh? You always get so worked up whenever I talk about Jaejoong.”

          “Sh!” L said sharply, putting a finger to his lips. “We shall not talk about the enemy. But has he talked to you lately? Just curious…”

          “He texted me a couple of days ago,” I said. “But I didn’t reply.”

          “Oh. And why not?” L asked. But I could tell he was happy.

          I shrugged as I took a sip of cola. “I guess I just have no reason to talk to him anymore. He was the one who pushed me away in the first place.” I laughed to myself. “You know what’s funny? I haven’t thought about him in the longest time until you mentioned him.”

          “So you’re saying that you’re forgetting about him,” L stated.

          “Something like that,” I said.

          L smiled to himself. “That’s good,” he said quietly.

Listen to Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (or just your favorite romantic song LOL)

          We hung out all day. What I found funny about this was that I was hanging out with him because I wanted to, not because it was for some publicity stunt for the fans or press. We weren’t even dressed in anything special. I was wearing an oversized T-shirt and lame shorts with tennis shoes. L’s outfit probably wasn’t anything grand either. But with a jacket slipped on over his wife beater, he still looked amazing to me. Everything was out of true, pure intentions. This somewhat scared me, because I knew that I was falling for him hard. But at the same time, I liked it because I enjoyed hanging out with him. Never have I felt so happy and free in my entire life. This was the effect he’s always had on me.

          As the sky got dark and the stars came out, L and I ended up having dinner together at a petite restaurant by the beach.

          “It just occurred to me,” L said as we left the restaurant, “that we’ve been walking in our sweaty clothes all day.”

          “That does sound rather repulsive,” I replied. The both of us eyed the beach ahead.

          “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” I asked him.

          L nodded with a grin and the both of us ran over to the waves.

          “YAH! Don’t splash me!” I snapped.

          “Well too bad!” L cackled as he splashed me with water. “Muahahaaha!”

          “You’re gonna get it,” I threatened.

          “Catch me if you can~~” he sang as he swam ahead of me.

          “YAH IT’S FREAKIN DARK HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO CATCH YOU?” I screamed.

          But of course, he was already gone in the darkness. I rolled my eyes and chased after him in the water.

          “YAH! Where are you?!” I shouted.

          There came no response from the darkness. I started to panic.

          “Yah, L-ah,” I said aloud. “This isn’t funny.”

          Still no response. I looked around and swam against the current towards shore. But I still didn’t see him. Had he gone underwater? What if he’d swum too far?

          “YAH!” I shouted again. When there was still no response I grew immensely frustrated and yelled out, “MYUNGSOO-AHH!”

          Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist and a voice mischievously whispered, “Boo.”

          I screamed and nearly whacked the dude in the face as I turned around and pushed him away from me. I was suddenly face to face with a laughing L, who was laughing so hard that he was even clutching his stomach for support.

          “Yah,” I said. “Stop laughing.”

          But L didn’t stop laughing so I grew angry and started walking back to shore. Screw him for making me scared out of my wits.

          “______ don’t be mad,” L said as he came in behind me. “It was just a joke!” He miraculously caught up to me and grabbed my wrist as he spun me around. “C’mon baby turn that frown upside down.” He put his fingers at the corners of my lips and pushed them upward.

          I slapped his fingers off of my face and said, “Haha very funny.”

          “Did I worry you?” L asked.

          “Are you kidding me?” I asked him. “I thought something happened to you!”

          L smirked. “You would’ve given me CPR, wouldn’t you?”

          I grew nervous at the thought of having his lips on top of mine again. “W-Well yes, of course. In order to save a life, yes.”

          All L did was give me a look before the subject was dropped. The both of us rested our backs on the sand as we looked at the stars. Many were out tonight. At that moment, it was as if time had stopped. All I could hear were the waves of the ocean and L’s soft, steady breathing.

          Suddenly my phone vibrated in my bag beside me, ruining the peace and quiet.

          “What is it?” L asked quietly from beside me as he sat up.

          “Just a message from Ashton telling me to come by his office tomorrow,” I said as I sat up as well. My attention was drawn to the time. L noticed it too.

          “It’s 11:11. Make a wish,” I said. I closed my eyes and put my hands together. When I finished making my wish I looked over at L, who was already looking at me.

          “Did you make a wish?” I asked him. L slowly nodded, his eyes still on me. “Well what did you wish for?”

          L didn’t say anything, but instead leaned his face closer to mine. If this were the old me, I would’ve leaned away from him and asked him what the hell he was doing. But things have changed since then. And now, I let my head stay there as he leaned in closer and closer. His lips hovered above mine; my heart was threatening to jump out of my chest. And when he finally kissed me, it felt like nothing else in the world mattered except me and him.

          “I love you,” I said softly through our kiss.

          L stopped and slowly pulled away. He stared at me and for a second I wondered if what I’d said had been wrong, and that scared me. “Do you mean it?” he asked me.

          I stared back at him, wondering why he was asking me such a question. “Of course I mean it,” I said.

          L softly smiled at me and intertwined my fingers with his. “Good,” he said.

 

 

 “Well what did you wish for?” you’d asked him.

For you, he’d thought.

 

 

A/N: I've actually had the 11:11 kiss draft in my mind for a while LOL and thought i'd finally put it into writing. Hope you guys liked this chapter :)