The Members of INFINITE

Saying I Love You Twice

I wasn’t expecting much of a crowd.

          But oh boy, there was.

          This made me question my popularity, or maybe it was L’s popularity. Were we really that scandalous together?

          There was a huge crowd gathered outside of INFINITE’s dorm. Half of them were apparently antis and the other half were supportive fans. I didn’t know what to expect.

          “LOOK! THERE THEY ARE!”

          “IT’S _______ AND L OPPA!”

          “TOGETHER!”

          Reporters came up to the both of us and started asking us many questions. I suddenly felt very claustrophobic and without realizing it, I was depending so much on the death note kid to feel safe.

          “L, how do you feel about your relationship with _______?”

          “Are you guys going to promote in Japan together?”

          “Are we expecting a child?”

          “WHAT, NO!” I exclaimed.

          Suddenly L’s manager came over and announced, “L and ______ will be appearing on tomorrow’s Good Morning show. Your questions will be answered then.”

          “BWOH?!” L and I cried.

          “Bear with me here,” L’s manager hissed. “Now come on, into the dorm.”

          “W-Wait but we have stuff-

          “HURRY!”

          L and I reluctantly followed his manager up the stairs to their dorm.

          “It’s quite small,” I commented.

          “We can only get a new dorm if we win an award on a music program,” L replied.

          “Really?”

          “Yeah.”

 

          When I entered the dorm it was much messier than I’d expected. Usually boy groups say stuff about how their dorms are actually much cleaner than girl’s dorms, but INFINITE’s dorm was like a walking trash can. Snack wrappers everywhere, shoes piled up by the door, dishes piled up in the kitchen sink, and there was this strange stench that I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

          “Sorry for the mess,” L said, as if reading my mind. “The guys don’t exactly know how to clean.”

          “It’s okay. It’d be weird if it was spotless,” I said, laughing a bit.

          “Where are the members?” L asked the manager. “And what is this about a talk show?”

          “Sit down guys, sit down,” the manager said.

          I looked around. “Um…there isn’t exactly a place to sit.”

          “Ok well never mind.” The manager sighed. “Truth is, things have blown all out of proportion. Honestly, we never thought that your relationship would gain such interest among netizens and fans. Not to mention broadcasting stations requesting for your presence. We’ve only accepted one offer though, the show that garners the most viewers on weekend mornings. Your attendance on the Good Morning show is scheduled for this Saturday morning, live. Do you guys understand? _______, INFINITE’s van will come over to pick you up early in the morning. I’ll send the schedule plan over to Entrust and Ashton.”

          “I can just drive there myself,” I replied.

          The manager smiled. “I know ______, I know. But it’s better if you and Myungsoo arrive at the venue together. Plus, now that you’re considered his girlfriend, you already seem like family to all of us.”

          “But I haven’t even met the members formally yet,” I stated.

          The manager shrugged. “You don’t need to. We all just automatically consider you as one of us now, as we would with any other member’s girlfriend, even if she’s a fake one.”

          I felt somewhat touched at his words. Too bad I had too many feelings of hatred for the death note kid to take them seriously.

          The manager continued onto a different subject. “I’m guessing that once the fans leave they’ll leave their gifts by the front door. Why won’t you hang out here until they depart?”

          “H-Here?” I looked around at the messy dorm.

          “Don’t worry it’s not too bad!” the manager said cheerfully.

          I looked beside me to find out that L had taken off somewhere.

          “Where’s L?” I asked.

          “Probably where all the other members are.”

          “Where are they?”

          The manager pointed to a door in front of me. “There. You don’t even need to knock, just barge in.”

          “Oh okay, thanks…I guess.”

        The manager nodded at me and proceeded to go outside to take care of some further errands.

          To be polite, I knocked on the door anyways, wondering how the members will react to me.

          “Come in!” someone shouted from inside.

          I slowly opened the door and stepped inside. All 7 heads turned to me and I suddenly felt very self conscious.

          “Look! It’s Myungsoo’s girrrllfriend~,” that member named Nam Woohyun cooed, nudging L’s arm.

          L shook it off. “Shut up.”

          “Hello _______!” everyone else said in unison.

          “You remember us from that one meeting, right?” Sunggyu asked.

          I nodded. “Yeah hehe.” I think so.

          I went over to the group, who were all huddled around a single laptop. “What are you guys doing?” I asked.

          “Just internet shopping,” Sunggyu replied.

          “Yah Myungsoo-ah water you doing? Your girlfriend’s bored,” Sungyeol barked, pushing L over to me.

          “She’s not my girlfriend,” L mumbled.

          Sungjong smirked. “Well it seems like to everyone else and us including, she is. Shouldn’t you two be out getting ice cream or something?”

          “I have to stay here until the fans leave,” I replied.

          “Yeah, and apparently her fans gave me gifts,” L added.

          “Awww how nice!” Sungjong exclaimed.

          “Inspirits are amazing,” Hoya remarked.

          “Yeah they sure are,” I said.

          The rest of the members went about their own business while I just awkwardly explored the dorm. It wasn’t big, so there wasn’t much to see. The attic interested me though. When I came back into Woohyun and Sunggyu’s room I found the death note kid in the corner of the room playing with a bamboo pillow by himself like a loner.

          “What are you doing?” I asked him.

          L looked at me. “Playing with my bamboo pillow.”

          “Psh weirdo.”

          L seemed insulted. “Yah, and what have YOU been doing for the past 15 minutes?”

          I shrugged. “Not much.”

          “Huh exactly.”

          “_______! The fans have left, you can go home now,” the manager suddenly announced.

          “Thank god,” L and I both said in unison.

          I noticed the INFINITE members huddled around each other and gossiping about something that I had no clue about.

          L and I went out to my car to get his stuff and then I drove myself back to my place. I tossed my keys onto the counter and looked over at where L had been standing just about an hour earlier, observing the DBSK collection in my family room. Alongside photos of me and my family, there were also countless pictures of DBSK, their DVDs and CDs invading my shelves, and their photo books spread out on the table. I went over and smiled at a picture that’d been sitting next to the framed picture of me and my mom.

          It was a picture of Jaejoong and me, together. It was when I’d met him for the first time in person at one of his concerts. I remember them promoting “O” back then, when he was still a rising Hallyu star. His blonde hair was evident in the picture, and he was wearing his costume. His arm was around me and he held up a peace sign with that signature smirk of his. I was hoping for a smile, but a smirk was better than nothing. After all, Kim Jaejoong rarely smiled in pictures. This was before I’d debuted, so I still had some baby fat left in my cheeks.

          I’ll always treasure this picture in my heart. I hope that one day he’ll notice me as not just a hoobae, but as someone whom he truly loved as well.

 

A/N: wahh you guys are amazing! thank you guys so much for subscrbing! :D i'll make sure to post more interesting chapters now haha xD i think i only wrote this chapter so i could make L play with his bamboo pillow LOL ^^