With Someone Else

Saying I Love You Twice

Listen to DBSK – You Always: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wu6gzbo90        

One snowy morning I was on my way to Starbucks when I suddenly bumped into Jaejoong.

          “O-Oppa,” I said, trying to contain my excitement.

          “Hello ______,” Jaejoong replied. “Gonna get some coffee?”

          I nodded. “Yup! Same?”

          “Yeah,” Jaejoong said.

          The both of us walked into Starbucks together. He being decked out in a beanie and sunglasses and me in a hoodie of course. But I remember about him being recognizable even in disguise so I still kept my distance in case anybody recognized us. Deep inside though, my heart was yearning for him.

          “So how’s work?” Jaejoong asked, referring to my promotions and activities.

          “Well I’m preparing to go to Japan soon,” I replied, knowing that this would get his attention. And it did.

          “Japan?” Jaejoong said with a smile. “Well I wish you luck. It’s a tough market there. Definitely not easy.”

          “Haha yeah…I know,” I said wistfully.

          “So that’s why you’re going to go promote with your boyfriend, right?” Jaejoong asked.

          I blinked, confused for about a millisecond. Boyfriend? What boyfriend?

          Oh yeah.

          That kid.

          Ugh why does he always have to be mentioned?

          “O-Oh…um…yeah I guess so,” I replied. “It was my company’s idea.”

          Jaejoong nodded understandably. “Seems like a good plan. So how are you guys, anyways?”

          “W-What do you mean?” I asked.

          Jaejoong shrugged. “I don’t know. You guys’ relationship is so open, so carefree. And so many people approve of it. That’s a hard relationship to come by, especially when fans from both sides approve of the other.”

          I felt my heart break a little bit inside. Jaejoong, my idol, my future husband, was basically telling me that he was approving my relationship with that kid and that he actually envied it. He was praising it; what kind of fan wants to hear her most beloved idol approve of her fake relationship with someone else?

          “Um…” I searched throughout my mind, thinking of words to say. “…I guess we’re doing well.”

        “Well?” Jaejoong laughed. “Just well? To me it seems like you guys will be getting married soon.”

          That’s only because that dork is good with the cameras.

          I laughed back, a fake one though. “What? We don’t act that lovey dovey do we?”

          “Seems like it to me,” Jaejoong said with a reassuring smile.

          Oh god. The man I loved thought that I was going to get married to someone else.

          I sighed to myself. The things I do for Ashton. Once all of this is over, life will be normal again.

          Jaejoong and I ordered our drinks together and walked back outside.

          “Are you going back to your house?” Jaejoong asked me.

          I nodded. “Yeah. Want to come?”

          “Does your boyfriend allow?”

          “He won’t mind. Everyone knows that you’re my favorite sunbae,” I replied.

          Jaejoong looked flattered. “Me?”

          “Yes, you. Isn’t it obvious? I’ve mentioned you on interviews so many times,” I said.

          “Well yeah, I heard. But I never actually thought you meant it,” Jaejoong said.

          I looked at him. “Why wouldn’t I mean it?”

          “Because you’re dating someone else.”

          I was taken aback. “O-Oh…really?”

          “Yeah.”

          Did that mean that if I wasn’t dating that kid, that Jaejoong would’ve asked me out? Hmmm…

          “I’ll walk you home,” Jaejoong offered. “It’s nice talking to you.”

          I smiled. “Likewise.”

          Jaejoong and I talked some more on the walk back to my house. I even invited him inside, and he saw the picture of me and him.

          “Wow,” Jaejoong said. “I remember this.”

          “You do?” I asked, surprised that he did.

          “Of course. It was the day I told you not to cry because of me,” Jaejoong replied, smiling at the picture.

          “Oh yeah because I was so happy,” I said, remembering the moment as well.

          Jaejoong and I grinned at each other and I really wished that he could’ve stayed longer but he had to leave.

          “Bye sunbae!” I said, watching him walk down the driveway.

          Jaejoong turned around and waved back.

          I shut the front door behind me, resting my back against it in pure happiness. Hero Jaejoong had stepped inside my house. We’d actually had a real conversation. He remembered the day we met for the first time.

Listen to Taeyang – Only Look at Me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnJDzGIRVnA

          I was still in a giddy, jumpy, happy mood while making dinner that night. The doorbell rang and I went over to answer the door to find that kid standing on the welcome mat.

          I looked at him, not expecting his presence. “What are you doing here?”

          L shook some snow out of his hair and voluntarily stepped inside, rubbing his hands together for warmth. “Whoo smells good in here.”

          “And you, didn’t answer my question,” I said, closing the door.

          “C’mon ______ I just got out of a drama recording. I’m tired. Can you…” L suddenly stopped and sniffed the air. Sniff, sniff.

           “What are you doing?” I asked.

          “I smell…” L sniffed the air again. “…cologne. Cologne that’s not mine.” L looked at me accusingly. “What other guy did you have over, huh?”

          “Jaejoong,” I said, arms crossed. “And I’d invited him in, unlike you.”

          L’s face turned dark and he looked away. “O-Oh…I see…” He walked back to the front door and opened it. He started putting on his shoes.

          “Where are you going? I thought you wanted food,” I said.

          L didn’t say anything as he walked down the driveway. I watched as he walked down the street, disappearing from sight as he turned around the corner.

          I rolled my eyes and closed the door. “Huh. Didn’t even bother to say goodbye.”