The Truth

Saying I Love You Twice

“Hyung, I’m not going to be at the interview today,” L said into his phone.

          “Why?” I heard his manager ask through the other end.

          “______,” L simply replied. “Bye.” And before his manager could argue with him, he hung up.

          “You don’t need to do this,” I said. “I can face him on my own.”

          “You can’t ______ and we all know that. I want to,” L pressed.

          The van rounded around the corner towards the broadcasting station. It’s been a week since I’d last seen Jaejoong. Fortunately, this was the last week of promotions before we say our goodbye stage. Only a couple more performances to go.

          L walked me out to the back door. A couple of fans were present and noticed the both of us.

          “It’s ______ and L!”

          “They look even beautiful together in real life!”

          “Oppa,” one fan said to L. “Are you here to support ______ and Jaejoong’s duet?”

          “No way he’s making sure Jaejoong doesn’t make a move on ______! She’s so much better than that Mikiko girl,” another fan said.

        L and I smirked at this comment and just merely waved to the fans as we entered the building.

          When L and Jaejoong saw each other in the waiting room they both immediately faced each other. I saw Jaejoong make a move to get up but stopped himself. He retreated and looked away from me. So the silent treatment is still going on.

        “Where’s your girlfriend, sunbae?” L asked him. I was surprised that he’d even used honorifics.

          “Not here,” Jaejoong coldly replied.

          “Why?” L pressed. “She should be here to support you.”

          “Why are you poking into business that’s not yours?” Jaejoong asked.

          “He’s right,” I said suddenly. “Since you hate having me here so much you might as well bring her to satisfy you.”

          “She doesn’t satisfy me,” Jaejoong stated.

          “Funny,” L scoffed. “What a nice thing to say about your girlfriend. Some boyfriend you are.”

          Jaejoong abruptly stood up. “You wanna go?” he barked.

          “Come at me,” L said, stepping up to face him.

          “Guys,” I said, stopping the two from ripping each other’s eyes out. “Stop.”

          “______,” Jaejoong said, “can we talk?”

          “She has nothing to say to you,” L interjected. “I don’t need you doing anymore damage to her.”

          “______,” Jaejoong pleaded to me, ignoring L’s words, “please.”

          I looked at his face, the face I loved so much, and felt myself start to give in. But before I could say anything L had already pulled me out of there.

          I avoided Jaejoong by hanging out with L until the performance.

          “Guys are jerks,” L was saying. “They say one thing but mean another. I don’t know what Jaejoong wants to talk to you about, but it can’t be good. What if he hurts you again?”

          “He won’t,” I said. “I know him.”

          “Yeah. And look what happened,” L said. “My favorite shirt got soaked in your snot.”

          “This was why I didn’t want you to come,” I mumbled.

          “You can’t go back to him,” L said. “You can’t.” Not when I finally have a chance.

          “We’ll see what happens,” I said. A staff member called me up to the stage and I gave L one last reassuring look before heading up to my performance alongside Jaejoong.

          Singing with him even after having him hurt me so much was actually much easier than I thought it would be. Even while belting out such emotional lyrics which obviously reminded me of him, I’d take a look over at L on the side and regain my strength again. It was an amazing feeling. I’d never had so much strength from one person before in my entire life. Jaejoong had been my strength during my training period, but it seems like L had somehow taken that spot.

          After the performance ended Jaejoong immediately caught up to me.

          “______,” he said. He saw L coming from the corner of his eye and said, “I’ll make this quick. Just know that you’re the one who knows the real me. Don’t believe in anything else. And I’m sorry.”

          “Wait Jaejoong what are you trying to say?” I asked, confused. “You’d said that I was wrong.”

          “_______, let’s go,” I heard L say behind me as he grabbed my wrist.

          “You’re not. I’m sorry,” Jaejoong said again. “Just listen to your heart. And you’ll know.”

          “Know what?” I asked.

          Jaejoong looked at L one last time casting a gaze at me. “The truth,” he said.

 

A/N: I forgot to mention this in the last authors note and some of you may already know but L and Jaejoong followed each other on twitter! :D LOOOOOOL how coincidental huh? ;D i literally screamed when i saw LOL and somewhat relevant to this story since the both of them have a connection to each other ;)