Shouldn't Even Care

Saying I Love You Twice

“______ I LOVE YOU!”

          “YOU’RE SO PRETTY UNNIE!”

          “AHHHH!”

          “Thank you, thank you,” I was saying as I got into my car. “It’s been a fun fan signing I hope to see you guys again!”

          My chauffer closed the door and a couple of fans pressed their faces close to the window. I waved and motioned them to move back or else one of them could get injured. The van starts and drives away to the next venue.

          “Oh god I’m exhausted,” I said to myself, running my hands through my hair.

          Kiko was up front, reading something. I peered over at him and asked, “Watcha doing?”

          “Some fans gave me presents to give to you,” Kiko said. “One of them was a fanfic that they’d written themselves. It’s quite good, actually.”

          I forced a grin in response, just to have something to do.

          “Where are we going next?” I asked Kiko.

          “Myungsoo’s drama shooting.”

          My eyes widened. “What?”

          “You didn’t know?”

          My mind was slowly wrapping around what was happening. “Nooooo.”

          “Well now you know!”

          “Oh my gosh is this even required? Is the press going to be there or anything?” I asked.

          “No but who cares! At least you’ll get to see your boyfriend,” Kiko said with a wink.

          I sighed, seriously getting tired of this. “You know that he’s not my real boyfriend but yet you still refer to him as that anyways. Gosh sometimes I wonder if you and Ashton are just purposely matchmaking us together.”

          “Hmm maybe we are,” Kiko said mischievously.

          I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed.

          The van pulled up to the front of the drama shooting, which was supposed to be a music studio. I saw some cameramen and staff hanging outside the vicinity.

          “He’s inside,” Kiko said, leading me through the door.

          Upon reaching the set, my eyes immediately landed on L and the person next to him.

          A girl.

          A girl who wasn’t me.

          What’s weird was that she wasn’t like Woori, clinging all over him or anything. Neither was she like Gyuri, who thankfully only regarded him as a minor fan.

          No, Kim Yerim wasn’t like any of those girls. There was something about the way she was looking at L while she was acting with him, something about the way she smiled at him.

          It was all too real.

          And I hate her by the second.

          “And cut!” the director said.

          L was seen breathing out a sigh of relief and he and Yerim hugged.

          They hugged.

          What the he and I never hug in such a casual manner!

          L saw me and his eyes widened. Like he’d just gotten caught. And that expression on his face really, really irked me.

          “Excuse me,” I heard L say to Yerim. I stood there with my arms crossed, feeling my y side come out.

        But L didn’t come over to talk to me like I thought he would. He didn’t greet me with that dorky, crooked smile of his. He didn’t even say hi. Instead he just went over to the craft service table and snacked. After taking a donut he went somewhere in the building.

          I stood there, confused. And somewhat hurt. Was something wrong?

        Yerim made her way to me instead with a smug grin on her face that annoyed the out of me.

          “Lee ______, right?”

          No .

          But I stayed composed and simply nodded.

          She smirked. “So you’re Myungsoo’s girlfriend?” She observed me from head to toe. “I think he could’ve done better.”

          She did not just say that.

          “Excuse me?” I said, still retaining my composure. Wasn’t I her sunbae? Some hoobae she was. .

          Yerim crossed her arms and stuck her nose in the air as she spoke. “I like Myungsoo. I’ve known him ever since his debut as Infinite’s visual and was so excited knowing that I was going to act with him. But who has to get in the way? You.” She took a step up and sneered in my face as she said, “You don’t even deserve him. Have you known him since his debut? Have you been waiting for him as long as I have? I think not.”

          I took a step up. “Say whatever you want. But L is mine. And he will be for a long time.” I scoffed. “It’s your fault for being too late in making the first move. You know how L is. He wouldn’t make the first move unless…” A sense of realization suddenly struck me as I said these words aloud. “…unless he really cared about someone.” I thought back to when he’d text me first, when he’d hug me first, when he’d take the initiative to invite himself into my house. If what I was saying was true, was it possible that L really did care about me?

          But I assumed that I didn’t know him that well to deduct such things about him. I should only be saying this to piss Yerim off.

          “Look at you. You’re his ‘girlfriend’ but you don’t even call him by his real name. What kind of girlfriend are you?” Her eyes glared at me. “A fake one, perhaps?”

          My eyes widened and I tried to erase the surprised expression that was threatening to grow onto my face. She couldn’t have known. No one knew except the managers, CEOs, and the Infinite members. I hadn’t even told G.NA.

          “What are you talking about?” I asked. “We’re real. More real than you and him will ever be. .”

          Yerim’s eyes pierced into mine as the both of us glared at each other. Our staring contest was interrupted though, considering she still had a drama shooting to finish. L came back from wherever he had been and took his place next to her. I watched them as they acted alongside each other, feeling a burning feeling in my heart full of anger and inferior. I hated the feeling so much that I told Kiko to just drive me home; there was no press anyways and I had no reason to stay here any longer.

          During the ride back to my next venue I felt like . The burning feeling in my heart just wouldn’t go away and I hated it. I shouldn’t be feeling this way about him.

          So I took out my phone and started texting Jaejoong. And within seconds of talking to him, I was already breaking out into a full smile.

          I decided that L could like Yerim if he wanted to, although I wouldn’t exactly approve since she’s a total . But our relationship was fake anyways. I shouldn’t care about who he likes, because I know that it would never be me. I’m always so mean to him, why would he like me? He could like Yerim like how I like Jaejoong. It’d be even. The both of us should have nothing to do with each other.

 

A/N: and I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, your rival ;)