When They Didn't Know Each Other

Saying I Love You Twice

Listen to INFINITE - Nothing's Over

I watched DBSK perform onstage and sighed.

          “He’s so perfect,” I said to myself, feeling like I was on Cloud 9 as I watched Jaejoong perform DBSK’s latest song on Inkigayo. I always felt like this whenever I saw him perform.

          “______, stop drooling,” my best friend G.Na said to me as she poked my forehead.

          “Ow…that hurt.” I pouted.

          “Better close that mouth of yours. Tsk tsk are you still lusting over that guy?” G.Na asked me. She opened her water bottle and took a sip. We were in the waiting room, watching others perform. The both of us had finished our stages already.

          “Well, yes. Once a Cassiopeian, always a Cassiopeian,” I replied proudly.

          G.Na rolled her eyes. “Whatever. But isn’t he a little too old for you?”

          I shrugged. “Five year age difference isn’t so bad. After all, age is just a number. As long as you love each other, nothing else matters.”

          “Oh god do you hear yourself? You’re getting gushier and gushier every day,” G.Na replied.

          I stuck my tongue out at her and turned back to watch DBSK’s performance. They were performing Maximum and Changmin was belting out the scream. I smiled in delight.

          When DBSK finished performing they exited the stage and I waited for Jaejoong to pass me. When he did I handed him a towel before his coordi could and brightly smiled as I said, “You did very well, sunbae!”

          Jaejoong smiled back and said, “Thanks,” before heading off down the hall.

          When he was gone I turned back to G.Na and exclaimed, “Did you see that? He smiled at me! He actually smiled at me! And he talked to me!”

          “He said one word to you,” G.Na flatly stated.

          I glared at her. “Yah, don’t spoil it!” then I sank down onto the chair beside her and grinned to myself. “I could die now and be happy.”

          G.Na grimaced.

          Suddenly the door swung open and in came a group of seven boys, all dressed in what looked like pastel colored sports jackets.

          “Hello! We are INFINITE!” they all said in unison as they bowed to G.Na and me.

          “Hey I’ve heard of you guys!” G.Na said excitedly.

          “Yup! We’re here to hand out signed copies of our new mini album. Make sure to listen to our new single, Nothing’s Over!” one guy exclaimed.

          Awww they’re so cute.

          They were dressed like younger kids, but I’m pretty sure that most of the members were older than me. They were all smiling from ear to ear and all looked so cheerful.

          Except one.

          One guy who was sporting a poker face while absent mindedly standing in the back of the group, keeping his head slightly down. He looked up and met my eyes. I stared at him and he flinched as he quickly looked away.

          “…Dancing machine Hoya!”

          “…Sub vocalist and mood maker, Lee Sungyeol!”

          “…”

          Sungyeol nudged poker face dude who was still looking away from me.

          “Yah, Myungsoo,” Sungyeol hissed.

          The guy snapped out of it and cleared his throat as he said, “Visual and sub vocal, L imnida.”

          “Yah, Myungsoo, are you blushing?” the guy named Nam Woohyun teased.

          L gave him a death glare but Woohyun paid no attention to it as he laughed and poked L’s cheek. I didn’t exactly pay attention to them. I was still giddy over my small but joyful encounter with Jaejoong.

          “…And I’m the maknae Lee Sungjong!” the last member said.

          “Hello,” G.Na and I greeted. We accepted their album formally and they left the room.

          “That was interesting,” G.Na remarked, looking at the INFINITE album that she’d just received. “I can’t wait to go home and listen to this.”

          I glanced at my copy and nonchalantly put it into my purse, not paying much heed to it. “Mm. Hey DBSK’s not saying their goodbye yet, right?”

          G.Na shrugged, still observing the album in her hands. “I don’t know. I don’t think so.”

          I grinned. “Good. I still need time to make Jaejoong mine before he goes back to Japan.”

          “You know, you talk about Jaejoong a lot. Maybe you should move on to someone else. Hasn’t it been a while since you talked about someone other than Jaejoong? Here.” G.Na set a picture of INFINTE from the album in front of me. “Pick one of these guys.”

          I pushed the album away. “C’mon G.Na. It’s my lifelong dream to be with Jaejoong. I’ve come so far. I’ve learned to love performing and singing because of him. I don’t exactly want to throw all that away.”

          G.Na sighed, her shoulders deflating as she sank back down into her seat. “If you say so. But one of these days, you’ll move on.” Then she laughed. “Maybe to one of the INFINITE members. Oh! That one guy who doesn’t talk and has the same name as the guy from Death Note. Yeah. Maybe you’ll fall in love with him.”

        I laughed, thinking that what she was saying was a joke, and said sarcastically, “Haha surrre. Totally.”

 

A/N: first chappie! woohoo!