Chapter 32

In Time You'll Love

Dear Mother,

I tried my hand at being extra romantic today for Kibum. He really deserves it after all he's done to help keep me sane. As soon as I got off work I got him some flowers on the way home. Flowers are Kibum's favorites things in the whole world. He even has told me before that flowers are so much better than any expensive gift I could ever get him. Then I came in through the back door and swept him off his feet with a kiss. The glimmer in his eyes told me he found it as magical a moment as I intended, but the moment quickly passed when I noticed he was having one of the neighbors over for coffee. Immediately we were so embarrassed it was almost adorable. Well, Kibum's reddened cheeks were adorable at least. Kibum put the flowers I got him in a vase and I tried to start dinner. Both of us had tried to keep our hands busy to fill the awkward silence.

Perhaps our guest had sensed the awkwardness too, because he left soon after that. He was probably just being polite to give us our privacy, but still I feel bad about driving him off like that. He did seem a little disappointed when he left so maybe I'll ask Kibum to ask him if we can go out for drinks to make up for it. Kibum doesn't much like to drink, but maybe I can get to know his friends better. I want to be on good terms with everyone close to Kibum. In fact, I have spent most of today cleaning up the house to prepare for a visit from Kibum's parents tomorrow. I hope to get on their good side, and then in secret ask if I can marry their son.

Yes Umma, your Minho is taking a big step forward. I want to marry Kibum with all of my heart. I don't care if it's only been a few months since we met. My heart only feels at peace with his, and no other's. I know without a doubt that you'll both get along great, so attached to this letter is a plane ticket to come see us. I won't take no for an answer so use up those vacation days at work! You're officially invited to our engagement party! I have confidence of course that Kibum will say yes, so I'm already planning a party for two weeks from now in secret. Although, still please pray for me that he'll say yes just in case. 

Tonight I plan to sneak out while Kibum is asleep to buy the ring, so he'll have no idea at all that a proposal is coming. I can just imagine the look on his face when I get down on one knee. He'll be estatic I'm sure. I saved away every single cent I could spare to get this one specific ring. It has diamonds on it cut into the shape of a flower, and although very pricey, I couldn't get him just any old ordinary ring after seeing something like that. I'll make sure someone gets a picture of the proposal for your photo albums. Wish me the best luck you can! I'll take all that I can get, because tomorrow will be such a nerve wracking time. I won't let that get the best of me though. Even if I mess up a little in my speech I'm sure Kibum won't mind. Our love is just that solid and forgiving. See you soon!

Your loving son,

Minho