Chapter 2

In Time You'll Love

Dear Kibum,

I waited out in the rain all day for you yesterday. Even though I had an umbrella, the boquet of roses I got for you still became damp with my tears as I cried out desperately for you. This is just what you do to me. You make me crazy. You make me weak. You make my heart race, and body tense until numb. I left the roses on your doorstep anyways, because even if you didn't want to see me I'm sure you'd still love flowers anyway. It's still so admirable how you love to tend to the earth's man-made wounds even if only little by little each day with your prized garden. As hard as I try to, it's qualities like those in you that make me unable to stay upset with you.

Still I wonder, why didn't you come? Was it because of the rain? Did you already have other plans? Or... Did you find me a fool as everyone else had? Whatever the reason, I suppose such a meeting on short notice was a little forward of me, so I apologize. I just got a bit over zealous. I hope that you'll understand once you read this. I don't intend to snatch you away to keep you all to myself, away from the world. I only wish to embrace you with all the wondrous feelings of love and passion that fill my heart.

It's okay if you don't love me now. Even though I love you so dearly I don't wish at all to rush or force you into anything. If you do come to love me back, I want you to come to such a conclusion of your own accord. Although, I know that you'll come to love me in time. I hope you will at least, because I truly believe that our souls were destined to collide and intertwine for all eternity.

Anyways, I saw Minho come visit you today. I wasn't aware that you two were such good friends. I hope you aren't naive enough to fall for him though. He's a tricky one. I would stay away from him if I were you, but I won't tell you how to live your life. I would never want to be a controlling boyfriend/husband that suffacates you until you have no choice but to leave him. No, I would never do that to you. I would never want you to leave me, and I would do everything in my power to make you so happy you never would want to leave either, unlike Minho. Him and I have been in this neighborhood longer than you have. If you ask Jinki I'm sure he'll say that he doesn't trust him either. I've seen the way Jinki sort of scowls whenever Minho walks by his house. None of the neighbors like him. I hope you'll get this letter of warning before you learn why the hard way.

He's manipulative, and abusive. He shows no care for anyone but himself. Minho may trick you into thinking he cares about you by buying a couple trinkets now and then, but don't fall for it. I've seen him beat up, cheat on, and even out some of his past "lovers". I could not bear the thought of you ending up in such a position. No, I would never allow that to happen. Go ahead and stay innocent and naive like the sweet adorable angel you are. I will protect you. I will always protect you. If he hurts you I swear I will march right over there to kick his .

Sorry to curse, Minho just really fires me up with his non-caring attitude. He's been to prison you know! Who knows how much worse he's gotten from being in there?? Right now he's on parole, but I doubt that'll be very effective in getting in the way of his usual nightly activities. He's not afraid of the police, dying, or anything. It's men like him that should never be trusted under any circumstances! They're so wildly unpredictable that they could suddenly snap for no reason at any time at all. Stay safe Kibum. Stay away from Minho.

Love,

Jonghyun