Chapter 18

In Time You'll Love

Dear Jonghyun,

You are such a fool. You actually have deluded yourself into believing that I share your twisted fantasies. Oh how I pity you. All this time you thought it was I under a spell, when really it was you falling under my spell. I never intended for this fun little game of subtle flirtation to go so far, but you just couldn't help becoming obsessed like the sick freak you are. How could you actually think I would see you watching me through the window all the time as romantic? That's what a stalker does! And that's what you are Jonghyun, a stalker. 

You watch my every move, and hardly ever leave your house. That's just like a stalker! Your obsession with me complimenting your rose bushes once gives me chills. All your letters of devotion to me have only creeped me out and driven me away. That's why I hardly ever speak to you in person, or even write back you. I purposely avoid you as much as I can, because you repulse me. I am purely disgusted by how much you know about me. Every time I see you I only wish to run away. That's why Minho was always lingering when you came around. I asked him to stay around, so that he could protect me from you.

None of it was real Jonghyun. You're just crazy. Our little makeout session was just a drunken mistake. I could never in a million years love you. Those letters I sent before were all just to play with you. You were so desperate for a response, and one drunken night I thought it'd be funny to watch you pull your hair out in frustration over me. As flattering as it is that you worship me so dearly, my heart always will belong to Minho. He is my true love, and we've given everything to each other. We will be happy together, because he loves me just as much. As soon as he got released from police custody after that stunt you pulled framing him, he proposed to me. I didn't hesitate for even a moment when I answered his question with a yes. I didn't for a second think about you, because you are nothing to me.

You are as insignificant to me as a dustmite. Delude yourself all you want. Take some drugs, because I don't care, and no one will. No one cares for you Jonghyun, especially not me. The world would certainly be so much better off without creeps like you peering out your window at all hours watching your innocent victim's every move. Just leave us alone. We are a happy family already, me, Minho, and his son. That's all we need. There will never be room for you in my heart. You're just a crazy bastard who doesn't know how to take a hint. So that's why I've laid it out so simply for you. You are never to try and talk to me again. You are never to even look at me again. You are not allowed anywhere near my house, understand? I don't want to see or hear from you ever again. Don't come to our wedding. Inviting you was the biggest mistake of my life. In fact, why don't you just drop dead? Then we'd all have a reason to celebrate. Your lovesickness is a plague that desperately corrodes me. It's why I always look so weary. Work isn't what keeps me on the edge of my seat. It's you trying to up my life. That's what has me so tired and paranoid all the time. I won't let you do this to me anymore. So, with this letter I sever what small sliver of a thread you thought we had together.

-Kibum