Chapter 15

In Time You'll Love

Dear Kibum,

Jinki told me you're really torn up about Minho's court hearing. He also told me that kid at your place is Minho's son from a previous marriage. For a second there I was worried the two of you had a child together, but I'm glad that I was just being paranoid. I know you'd never hurt me like that. Just lighten up now. There's no reason to be so down over this. Minho will be put back where he belongs for breaking his parole with drug possession, and his kid will go back to his mom. Then you'll never have to see either of them again, and their burdens will be lifted from your shoulders.

Just think of the paradise we'll be in together. We can run off to get married in a foreign country, somewhere exotic. We'll cuddle on the beach underneath the sun, then consummate our marriage beneath the stars with the beautiful sounds of the ocean to mix with our sounds of sweet love. If you love it enough we could even live there in paradise, or create our own little paradise back here. We'll have a house full of energetic little devils running around getting into all sorts of trouble as young ones do, but we'll love them still because they are our little devils.

Do not think too much about Minho. He is in prison again, right where he belongs. If I hadn't put him there by planting those drugs in his car, then he probably would've gone back to prison anyways for hitting you one day. I couldn't let that one day come. Now he'll never ever hurt you. Where did I get a kilo of ? Ah, that was a lot easier than you probably would've thought. I honestly had no idea how I was gonna get Minho out of the picture. At first, I thought very briefly of killing him, and how satisfying it'd be, but that's too messy. There's too much room for error. I didn't think I could be precise enough to not leave a shred of evidence and thus, get away with murder. So, I looked into what happens when parole is violated, since I know he's still on parole. Drugs seemed like the easiest option, since to plant a weapon on him I would first have to obtain a firearm, and that would be difficult to do without someone seeing me. Any of the other options would actually require me to somehow make Minho do something bad, and that definitely wouldn't work. So, I asked Taemin how to obtain drugs.

First, he laughed at me, and thought I wasn't serious of course. Then I made up some story about how I'd been feeling so out of it lately I was willing to try anything to bring up my mood. He asked me what I needed, and then he started to buy me from his sources in small quantities, since anything larger would be too suspicious. I pretended for a while that I had been taking the stuff and loving it to keep up the lie. Don't worry though, I didn't actually use any of it. I am not even honestly sure if you're supposed to smoke or inject it.

Then, once I had stashed a large quantity, I packaged it up real nice using gloves so that the police would think he had the intent to sell the , and so I wouldn't leave a single fingerprint. Of course this took about two months to accomplish, so that's why my letters had stopped for a while before I sent my apology letter. Still, it was a lot easier than killing him. If I would've killed him I would've had to make sure I had an alibi, been able to keep blood off of me and my property, dumped the body somewhere never to be found, convince everyone Minho eloped with some e, and make sure nothing was there to link me to the crime. That would've taken forever to prep for, and I'd probably never be able to get rid of the gruesome images of his death in my mind. Plus, you probably would've been even more devastated to see someone you know die. This way was much easier and safer for everyone. I hope you'll understand.

Love,

Jonghyun