Interrogation: The Confession of The Innocent

The Sleepless Phoenix Review & Consulting Shop [CLOSED]

 


Author: JaeKnight

Story Title: Interrogation: The Confession of The Innocent

Reviewer: 92-pcy

Review Completion: 24/01/16

Story Link:

Overall Story Rating: 10/10

 

 

Title- Score Attained:  10/10

[1] Does the title reflect the plot well?

 Most definitely so, it’s straightforward and distinct.

 [2] Does it lack originality?

I wouldn’t say so, in fact, it’s pretty unique if you were to ask me.

[3] Is the title too wordy?

Nope, it yields just the right amount of information, I would assume your original title would have just been simply “ Interrogation” but I really appreciate the additional information, regarding the addition of “confession of the innocent”. It really draws curiosity out of the reader.

[4] Does it give away too much?

Not at all, in fact, it really drew attention, as I was intrigued by the sub-heading of ‘confession of the innocent”. It’s perfect.

Description/Foreword- Score Attained:  9 /10

[1] Is the description concise?

Yep, I would say it’s a pretty dense summary of the plot, I wouldn’t say it’s short per say, but it does provide a cliffhanger. Which is really ideal.

 [2] Does it give away too much?

Not heavily so, Similar to what I’ve said earlier, just the right amount to evoke curiosity, wanting to know more.

[3] Does it grab the reader’s attention?

I would definitely have to say that your poster, description really got me hooked, it poses questions to the reader, ones that they would have to read through your story in order to find out, which is what we want.

 [4] Does it reflect the overall idea of the plot?

Yep, gives the adequate amount of background information pertaining to the story without having unwanted spoilers, and unnecessary chunks of information that clutters the page. I must say, great job on the graphics as well!

Plot- Score Attained: 9/10

[1] Is your plot original?

Yes, the plot revolves around mind tricks and intense psychological influences. Many authors wouldn’t be assured of plotting a story of this sort. You were brave enough to go about doing so, word, you nailed it for me.

[2] Is your plot believable?

To a certain extent, it greatly brings attention to myself especially, the thought of this plot coming to life, and the notion of people actually having disturbed perceptions of their circumstances these days. It’s very relatable. In fact, I can safely say that I foresee these things actually happening in real life.

[3] Does it have a good pace?

Absolutely, it does not bring about confusion, since the plot is thoughtfully planned, switching between a recount and the present.

Characterization- Score Attained: 8/10

[1] Are your characters realistic?

Yes, realistic in a sense where they are rightfully portrayed.

[2] Are your character’s feelings justifiable?

Most definitely so, It’s clear-cut that the past has influence over their current characteristics and relative personas.

[3] Are your character’s adequately developed?

Due to the use of flashbacks, yes, it provides clear understanding of the development in both the characters and the plot.

[4] Do you adequately describe your characters?

I would say that maybe you would like to describe and elaborate more on the features of the characters? It provides the readers a vague image on how each character would look like. As for me, I’m a pretty visualized reader myself. I love to be able to imagine how the characters would look like.

Grammar/Syntax-  Score Attained: 10 /10

[1] Do you have minimal grammatical errors?

Very Minimal, I understand that it has only been proof read once. However, regarding this, it’s not a major issue.

[2] Are your sentences properly structured and punctuated?

Yes, no issues pertaining to structure and punctuation.

Vocabulary usage- Score Attained: 9 /10

[1] How extensive is your vocabulary?

It’s adequate. However, personally, I would like it to be slightly more descriptive? But overall it’s great!

Setting and description-  Score Attained:    8/10

[1] Did you successfully manage to establish the story’s setting? , inclusive of the description aspect

I would strongly encourage you to describe the setting and current surroundings of the story. Since your story is leaning towards crime and such, a vivid detail of the setting would be beneficial.

and conclusion- Score Attained: 10/10

is perfectly drawn out. Conclusion provides satisfaction to the reader. Even more so, if it’s a one shot, I hate stories that leave me hanging when not supposed to :/ do you feel me XD

Overall enjoyment- Score Attained:10/10

I absolutely enjoyed your story. The plot is richly detailed, and intense. Kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. It’s clearly planned and executed, which is what I look for in a good story. I was subconsciously scrolling through, completely in to the storyline. All In all, my definition of a good story (:

Total Score: 83 /90

 

 


Do provide me your insights on what you think about my review.  Being a novice, I would greatly appreciate constructive criticisms and your kind comments as they really spur me on! Thank you so much for choosing The Sleeping Phoenix as your review shop of choice, don’t forget to credit the shop accordingly, I can’t wait to see you soon (: Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Reviewer: Soo Jung (92-pcy)