Allegro: Young Blood and Electric Blue Skies

The Sleepless Phoenix Review & Consulting Shop [CLOSED]


Author: douxsoleil

Story title: Allegro: Young Blood and Electric Blue Skies

Story type: Chaptered

Reviewer: vronvron

Review completion: 22/4/2016

Story Link

Overall Story rating: 9/10


Title: [10/10]

The title of your story is very unique, and unlike others on AFF. It uses great emotive language to pull the readers in. Not much else to say here.

Foreword/Description: [9/10]

Other than a few grammatical errors, your foreword is something that is very well written. It introduces us to the protagonists and gives us a brief glimpse into the life which Wonwoo lives.

Plot/ character development:[9/10]

The way you used the first chapter to give the readers the background of Wonwoo to help explain things later helps the readers know what they're jumping into. Much like a prologue of sorts. The plot itself runs at a good pace. Even though it only has seven chapters, all of those chapters are quite lengthy and have quite a lot to tell.

As for the character development, it is a different approach you made by not simply focusing on Wonwoo and Seulgi, but also the supporting characters as well. Throughout the story

Characterization: [9/10]

All the characters in the story are given some "screen time" so to say. Which allows the readers to not only take in what has happened with the main characters, but also find out about how the supporting characters' lives are going as well. It is all very realistic and relatable to anyone how you've written these characters and their thoughts to be.

Grammar/Syntax:[8/10]

It was very difficult for me to find any really stand out mistakes and I can normally find typos easily... Did you perhaps have a editor to help with editing? Or perhaps your writing is of a very high standard! It was very lovely reading through without having to stop and try and make sense out of something I didn't understand. It helped immensely with the flow of your story. Although one thing I should point out is to be careful and consistent with your tense! You seem to use words in past tense in one sentence and then switch to present tense in the next!

 It wouldn't have hurt though if you had split the story further down to perhaps 12-14 chapters long, making the chapters a bit shorter. However, this was your choice of layout for your story.

Vocabulary: [10/10]

Your choice of vocabulary is great. It has a good mixture of both simple and sophisticated language which you've written in a way to suit both the genre of the story, but at the same time, keep up this overall sophistication of it all.

Setting/Description: [9/10]

The settings and descriptions were also wonderful to read. You spent just enough time describing the settings so that the story would still run smoothly, but also give the readers a great visual in their heads.

/Conclusion:[10/10]

You made the of the story very realistic. Although, I can't say how realistic "On the strike on 1 AM.." is, but it makes it more dramatic and gives the readers a real sense of what has just happened along with the build up of the conversation prior to the event.

Enjoyment:[9/10]

I don't usually read too many stories to do with tragic events but this story was realistic and moved me and obviously a number of other readers as well.

Total: 83/90


Thank you for using our services, I hope you are satisfied with your review and I'm sorry that some parts may be a bit short or if I seemed a tad harsh. However, I do hope that it assists you in some way. Don't forget to credit our shop in your story and comment below.

Good luck with your other stories ^^