The Memories

Timeless Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Author POV

 

 

 

“You’re not thinking of..” Taeyeon asked the man that was going to flew down the 35 floor building, that they were standing at the top of it.

“If that’s the way that make it equal for us, then I don’t have any other choice but to do it..”

“Yong, please don’t..” she begged helplessly.

“Taeyeon, I’m sorry. I can’t let you go this easily! Please forget and forgive me.” He stood up straight, spread his hands at both sides, ready to let his body sink down from this high building.

“Wait!” she cried out loudly, pausing him from falling yet.

He turned at her..

“If you’re going with him, then let me join you too~” she took his hand and let their selves dive down together, holding each other’s hands tightly.

 

This was really unexpected!

 

That dive made them be like corpses on the hospital bed, between death and life..

 

 

 

 

Flash back

 

 

“Doc, I’m going to bring Jiyong back.” Taeyeon called the doctor while hurrying toward the elevator.

“You know his location? Where is he?”

“Leave that to me now, I want you to prepare something first..”

 

Taeyeon already knew that it will be Yong up there, and that he might jump from there. So she was all prepared..

 

“Wait!” she cried out loudly, pausing him from falling yet.

He turned at her..

“If you’re going with him, then let me join you too~”

 

She already knew that there’s the firefighters team down there prepared with their lifesaving trampoline spread widely to catch them.

But.. Things didn’t go as they planned to!  

 

Back

 

 

 

As the trampoline hugged them both, they already were losing consciousness.

The medical team hurried toward them, laying each of them at the portable beds and hurrying toward the ER. (ER: Emergency Room)

Dr.Lee had an operation that time, as he exited the OR (OR: Operation Room) he saw two rushing beds entering the ER..

“How’s the patient?” Lee doctor hurried toward the rushed hospital portable bed. To be shocked with the patient identity.

“J-Jiyong?” he gasped “What happened? Why is he like this?” he asked the nurse.

“He jumped from the roof together with this patient too..” she looked at the another patient that just came in.

Doctor Lee went to the other bed, to see.. “Taeyeon? Can you hear me?” he asked her “K-Kid what happened to you two!” tears formed at his eyes.

“Why did you come to me like this?” he cried out while running with the bed. “Open your eyes now!”

Then he noticed the doctor at the bed’s opposite side “What happened Dr. Choi?” he asked Jiyong’s psychiatrist, while running together while pushing the bed.

“They Jumped off the building and lost their consciousness.”

“They’re going to be fine right?”

“Hopefully.” He hurried with Jiyong’s bed.

 

“What’s there?” Another woman professor came to Doctor Lee ready to take the other patient.

“Hurry up, we need to save these two no matter what!” he looked at the shocked medical staff right there from the patients identity. “Hurry now!!”

He held the woman professor’s shoulder from going and told her sincerely “Dr. Kang, Please do your best. These two are my family members.”

“Don’t worry Doc.” She hurried to catch up with them.

 

 

They hurried and did for them the Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)..

But Jiyong’s heart suddenly while examining him started crying like a hot tea pot!

“It’s a cardiac arrest!!” the resident doctor cried out with panic.

“150 joules charge,” Dr. Lee ordered “Clear, Shot!” still nothing changing.

“200 joules charge, Clear, Shot!”

“His vitals are not coming back..” the assistant doctor admitted.

But Dr. Lee didn’t give up and went over him, with his two hands he started doing the CPR..

“One, two, three.. One, two, three..” with all his might, he begged him “Please come back!” again with more pitiful tone “Please come back! Please!”

As more as he’s continuing saving him as more the siren sound get louder.

“I said wake up, bastard!!” he hit him one strong, tough punch. And lean his head toward his chest in losing hope.

But to be shocked with the comment that brought life to him again..

“His pulses.. came back!” the resident doctor told him.

“Thank god, T-Thank god!!” he cried out in relief. “Ahh!! God Thank you!” this scene that you can’t erase or forget it easily, since it depended on someone’s life.

 

At the other side, Dr. Kang can’t figure out the reason in Taeyeon’s losing consciousness like this.

Her vitals and breathing is normal, there’s no wounds anywhere in her body. But still she won’t wake up.

 

 

“Jiyong!!” Kwon mother came in shouting.

“How can I help you?” the nurse asked her.

“K-Kwon Jiyong.”

“My son where’s he?”

“He’s at the room 1908, but you should first-” they didn’t hear her out and just hurried toward their son.

 

 

“D-Dr. Lee, How’s he now?” Kwon father asked Dr. Lee as he was exiting Jiyong’s room.

“What happened Dr.?” Kwon mother were mentally broken down.

“Jiyong jumped down from the roof-”

“W-What?!!” they exclaimed shockingly.

“H-He did w-what?-” Kwon mother couldn’t take it anymore and just passed out.

“M-Mom!!” Dami caught her “S-Someone help me!” she shouted for the nurse.

 

 

Dr. Lee held onto Jiyong’s father before going and told him..

“Mr. Kwon, Jiyong weren’t alone in this.”

“What do you mean?”

“He fell down together with Taeyeon, since she said that she can’t let him go alone.”

“W-What? Taeyeon did what?” he was startled “W-Where’s she now? How is she doing?” he got worried.

“She’s unconsciousness right now.”

“What happened to her?”

“All tests are normal, we don’t know the real reason after this yet.”

 

 

“Taeyeon!” an elderly voice echoed in the ally.

“Mr. Kwon you’re here?” Taeyeon’s grandpa came.

“Annyeonghaseyo mister.” He bowed respectfully.

“Why are you here too?”

“Jiyong my son went into an accident.”

“So did those two go into an accident together?” he concluded.

“How’s our Taeyeon Dr.?” her grandma asked.

“Taeyeon is fine, but she lost her consciousness.”

“What? Why? What happened to her?” she got worked up.

“We should leave her under observation hours right now, until we can see where the problem is.”

“Bring me the director of this hospital right now!” Taeyeon’s grandpa hit the ground with his crutch angrily.

“Mr.Shin please calm down-”

“Right now!” he firmly ordered.

 

“Aigoo, Shin president! How come you’re visiting our hospital?” the hospital director already came without calling him as soon as he heard the news that Lotte group president had visited his hospital.

“Bring me now the best medical team and do all the tests on my two grandchildren.”

“W-What? You have a grandchildren-”

“Now!!” he shouted at him.

 

Even after redoing the tests and being treated with the best doctors and professors at this hospital that half of it is under Taeyeon’s grandparent’s name, nothing changed.

They’re still at their cloud 9, never showing a sign of life other than breathing with the machine’s help.

 

“Taeyeon!” another familiar voice echoed in the ally.

“You can’t enter here.” The bodyguard forbid Taeyeon’s family members from entering the 35th floor that just Taeyeon and Jiyong is at.

“W-What?” her mother got startled.

“We’re her parents.”

“Sorry, but I can’t let anyone enter.”

“Excuse me!-” her brother was going to start a fight, but got saved by the gentle man’s appearance.

“Excuse us Mr. and Mrs. Kim,” he bowed down “What are you doing let them enter right now!” he scolded the clueless bodyguard.

 

 

“Taeyeon my daughter!” Taeyeon’s mother helplessly called, as she saw her daughter laying down like a Barbie doll without life, together with Jiyong at her other side the same.

“What happened?”

“Taeyeon’s father, mother and grandparents..” Kwon father addressed  “..There’s something you should know..”

“We’re all listening..” shin grandpa replied.

They were resting at their suite living room at the 35th VIP floor, that Taeyeon’s grandpa reserved for just his granddaughter and her fiancé.

“Actually Jiyong is suffering from a disease..” Kwon father confessed.

“What?”

“What disease?”

“..it’s called Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD).”

“W-What?!”

“Are you for real?”

“You must be joking.”

“No way!”

“I’m so sorry for not telling you before ahead.” He bowed down apologetically.

“You’re talking seriously?”

“I’m sorry.” He bowed again.

“What father is apologizing for people that his son is found with some useless illness?” Taeyeon’s grandpa coolly commented.

“Do Taeyeon know about that?” Jiwoong asked.

“Sadly yes.”

“Don’t lower your head..” Taeyeon’s father lift up Jiyong’s father’s head “..Your son is someone that you should be proud of the rest of your life, no! even when you transfer into the next life!”

“Taeyeon’s father..”

“Despite his illness all this time, he stood up proudly and showed all the world who ‘Kwon Jiyong’ is.” He rested his hand on Jiyong’s father shoulder “Always walk with your head high up for being this man’s father.”

“Thank you friend!” he hugged him, and shed some tears for being touched with Taeyeon’s father warm words and cheers even though he hide the truth from him.

 

 

They kept on chatting together, while Jiyong and Taeyeon are laying at their beds that were beside each other, only a small side table separating them.

 

Taeyeon had that dream again..

 

“Ajusshi please!” a little girl shouting helplessly.

“Don’t touch her!” the boy cried out angrily.

“Please help us!..”

“Help! Help!!”

“Is there anyone here?”

“What is your name?” a little boy covered with sweat, his hand tied with that little girl, back to back he asked her.    

 

While Jiyong had..

 

“What are you doing?” a little girl with a white dress asked the boy.

“What’s your name?” the girl asked again.

“I’ll protect you no matter what!” the boy told the girl while being tied together.

“Run, Run!!” a little boy covered with blood addressing the girl to escape, while he’s laying at the ground between life and death.

 

Even this dream that both of them kept on dreaming of for hours continually for days already now, never reached it end either it got more clearer to them.

 

 

 “Dr. Why our kids are not waking up?” Kwon mother asked Dr. Lee.

“Their vitals and everything is normal, but seeing them not waking up for days like this sign us that they may entered a mental shock and went into a coma.”

“C-Coma?” Taeyeon’s mother got startled

“At Jiyong’s case, this coma should be a result in remembering the story behind the trauma that he went into and got this illness.”

“And for our Taeyeon?..”

“Is Taeyeon involved in Jiyong’s story as well?”

“What?”

“Was she there when Jiyong got this trauma as a kid back then?”

“Y-Yes..”

 

 

Days went by, and that dream couldn’t get upgraded into the next level yet.

Until that night..

 

“What’re you doing?” a little girl came and asked that 10 years old boy that were sitting in front of the church playing with his car.

“Who are you?”

“Who are you?” she asked back.

“I’m Kwon Jiyong, and you?”

“Why are you not attending the marriage ceremony?”

“Why are you not too?” he asked back this time.

“It’s boring. You?”

“The same here.” He sighed.

“You don’t sound from Seoul..”

“I’m from Jeonju. Can I play with you?” she asked kindly.

“But I just have two cars, there’s nothing for you to play with.”

“Who told you that I don’t play with cars?”

“What?”

“I love cars even more than you do.” She swiped a car from his hand and started playing with it around.

“Ya! Wait for me..” he ran after her and they played together.

Until a black van parked in front of them, a huge men unloaded from it, made the two kids unconsciousness then they got them carried into it!

 

When one of those two kids opened his eyes, he found himself in an unknown old, huge, dark warehouse alone.

“A-Anyone is here?” Jiyong cried out.

“H-Hey..” he tried to wake Taeyeon up. But to find that he was tied with her and were sitting back to back so that can’t see each other.

He tried with all ways to wake her up, until he kicked the chair in a strong way that made her regain her consciousness.

“Are you alright?” he asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, but where are we?” she asked sacredly.

“I don’t know-” to be cut with someone else presence.

 

“Hello little kids.” A masked man greeted.

“Ajusshi help us please!” they cried out innocently.

He laughed out hysterically “What? H-Help you?” he busted again into sarcasm laughters.

“Who are you?” Taeyeon asked seriously.

“Me?” he pointed at himself “I’m the Ajusshi that’s going to… finish you up!”

That scared them out! 

“Our parents going to save us soon!” Jiyong that little boy told him bravely.

“Who? Your what?” he laughed again “You’re here for more than 8 hours already and there’s no signal from them.”

“They will come.”

 “Okay then, I’ll let you wait for them.” He told him “But after 3 days from now, if they didn’t come. I’m going to end you right here!”

 

The kids were really at a young age 9 and 10 years old. What could a kids like them commit a crime that they had be a hostage in?

They didn’t do anything, but their parents did!..

 

After the marriage ceremony finished, and the Kim’s and Kwon’s were looking for their kids around, they noticed a letter that were at the same place that Jiyong and that little girl were sitting at, for the last time.

 

“Your Kids is with me, if you want them back.. I’ll return them safely to you wrapped in meat plastic bags and soaked in ice.

That will happen if I didn’t get my innocence publicized and an apology from the president Kwon.

You have only 3 days.”

 

 At Kwon’s company, there were a psycho that were caught by the president Jiyong’s father committing ual harassment toward the women employees and other unappropriated acts inside his company.

So simply Jiyong’s father and his uncle fired him quietly without any fuss and making his sins public to the world.

So as he read the letter he found out that Jung Minseok is the culprit and kidnapper.

 

“Taeyeon!”

 “Kim Taeyeon!!”

Kwon’s family heard a father and his wife shouting for their daughter that can’t be seen around.

“Are you looking for your daughter?”

“Jiyong was sitting with a little girl in a white dress.” The young Dami confessed.

“T-That’s out Taeyeon!” Taeyeon’s mother cried out.

“Where is she now?” her father asked hopefully.

“Oh God!..” Kwon father held his forehead in shock and apologetic.

“W-Why? Did something happened to my daughter?” Kim father sensed.

“Your daughter right now is..” he started sadly, bowing his head down “..kidnapped with my son.”

As he said that, Taeyeon’s mother passed out immediately.

 

They went to he police and asked for their help to locate this man, and even the special force worked with them.

 

Meanwhile, the kids were sweating and dying from hunger. It was already the breaking of the dawn..

“Are you okay?” he asked Taeyeon.

“I’m fine, and you? Your voice don’t look okay..”

“Don’t worry, I’m going to find a way for us to runaway.”

“How?” she asked.

“Do you have or see something sharp around you?”

“No, w-wait..” she located a broken bottle that the kidnapper Jung Minseok broke a while ago as they were whining to set them free.

 

After trying several times to get near from that broken piece of glass, they achieved it. but after making noise by letting the tools box that were above them fall down and spread all over the place, creating a loud noise that brought the kidnapper from the room he was staying at, at the second floor.

 

But the kids were smart enough to laugh at him, as he peak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter