The Recording

Timeless Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

After that night that everything was reviled to Taeyeon, things couldn’t get any better~

 

After spending a night at Jeju-do, they returned to Seoul..

 

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

 

 

This is the first time to feel that I’m really glad that I choose this way of life and became a singer. Since by this decision I got to meet those 9 sisters of me, and my life mate Jiyong, in another words my life is a beauty really~

 

As this thought came to my mind while I was on my way to the company, I cried “I got it!!”

My manager asked “What did you get?”

“My first written song. Finally I finished the missing part that I was concerned about all this time.”

Actually there were a time when I was really cheerful and happy in my life this year, and there was a period when I was depressed and semi-dead. That’s was when I remembered the hard work, difficult moments of my life as a singer, and the desire of wanting to live a normal life like any other woman in this life, to get married before celebrating her thirty birthday, to have kids, to play with her kids at the park beside her house, to go with them around the world, go on a family trip to the beach. With those thoughts I was able to write my first composed song by myself, and with this sentence ‘My life is a beauty~’ that Jiyong, the girls and boys let me finally realized it on this trip to Jeju-do, I was able to finish my song.

 

I went to our agency CEO to ask him to produce my first solo album.

 

“Taeyeon! How are you little girl?” our Kim Youngmin CEO welcomed me. He was just coming out from the meeting hall.

“Annyeonghaseyo CEO.” I bowed respectfully.

“You came in the right time..”

“I want to ask you for-”

“..We were just talking about you having a solo album now.” As he said that, goosebumps went all over my body.

“W-What?” I couldn’t believe what he just said.

“We’ll look now first for a producer-”

“Her producer is here!” someone shouted from my back.

I turned to see that my producer is no other than..

“G-Dragon? W-What are you doing here?” our CEO asked in disbelief.

“Didn’t you just say you’ll look for a producer for Taeyeon’s solo album?”

The CEO nodded.

“Then here’s the producer you’re looking for.” He pointed with both hands at himself.

“Y-You will be Taeyeon’s-”

“Jiyong are you crazy!” I hit him.

“What? Can’t I be my Fian-” I hit him and cough so our CEO won’t hear what he was going to say at the end.

“G-Dragon-ssi, are you saying that you’ll be the producer for Taeyeon’s solo album?”

“Yes.”

“Oh? Who we have here?” Lee Sooman president came by.

“Annyeonghaseyo president.” We both bowed.

“YG Golden boy G-Dragon in our building? How come you’re here? It’s the first time!”

“President, G-Dragon-ssi saying that he’ll be-”

“Annyeonghaseyo Lee Sooman president,” he bowed again “I came here today to ask for a favor.”

“A favor? What would YG Golden boy want from us? Do you want to join us?” he laughed sarcastically.

“I came here as a producer not as BIGBANG G-Dragon.”

“As a producer?”

“I want to be Taeyeon’s solo album producer.” He bowed down again.

“Ya Kim Youngmin.. what did I just heard?”

“President.. G-Dragon-ssi want to be Taeyeon’s-”

“Why?” he asked Jiyong.

“W-What?”

“Why do you want to be her producer? It’s the first time for you to produce for someone else than your members. Even the artists at your agency didn’t produce for them before!”

“Because..”

“You said you’re friends, didn’t you last time?”

“That’s right, uncle he’s my friend.” I told him before Jiyong slip and say something that would give us headaches we didn’t want right now.

“Is that it? Only friends?” Kim Youngmin CEO asked.

“Yes. That’s why I want him to be my producer.”

“We should think about this first..” he said.

“I have the songs ready for a mini album.” Jiyong told him proudly.

“You have the s-songs ready?” he was startled.

“So you’re well prepared.. what do you want in return?” the president asked him.

“I want Taeyeon to have her solo concert.”

“W-What? Jiyong what are you talking-”

“Is that your price?”

“Yes.”

“Won’t you regret it?”

“Yes.”

“Jiyong please-”

“Then we’ve a deal.” the president told Jiyong.

“What are you doing Jiyong-” then to realize what our president just said “W-What?..”

“Kim Taeyeon go and prepare for your comeback next month.” Our Lee Sooman told me.

“B-But..”

“What do you want more? G-Dragon himself wrote for you a whole album and came by himself personally to produce it for you. And above all this he want to hold for you a solo concert. Will you find a better producer than him?”

“No.” unknowingly I replied.

“Then go and get ready.”

“G-Dragon-ssi you can start from today if you want.” He told him.

“Thank you president.” Jiyong can’t describe his happiness right now.

“Congratulations Taeyeon-ah~” Lee Sooman president tapped on my shoulder and continued his way.

“A history is going to be written here.” The CEO Kim Youngmin told us and followed our president.

 

 

 

Author POV

 

 

 

“President..” Kim Youngmin followed Lee Sooman president to his office “..Why did you allow him this easily? Isn’t he one of your agency rivals?”

“Yes.”

“Then why?..”

“Because it’ll be interesting like this.”

“I didn’t understand.”

“See.. YG Boy and SM Girl. Hip-Hop king and Ballad queen. Who would predict what is the result of this unique and one-of-a-kind mix?”

“So you’re going to test them?”

“That’s right.”

“But don’t you think that there’s something between these two?”

“That’s why I agreed on this plan.”

“What do you mean?”

“By seeing the result of this cooperation we would know if this is just pure friendship or its pure love?”

“Wooah~ You’re really genius president! I respect you more.”

“Go and tell them to prepare for her comeback on this October.”

“I got it.”

 

 

 

Jiyong POV

                    

YG Building – Studio A

City of Seoul – Gyeonggi Province

 

 

 

We went to YG building to start with our song recording.

 

“What did you think about the songs?”

She glared at me with watery eyes.

“What’s wrong? Are they that bad?”

“You’re really bad boy.”

“What’s wrong Tae?” I rolled toward her with my chair, to dry her tears.

“How can you be this perfect?”

“How can you be this beautiful?” I told her back while drying her tears.

“Go and ask my mother.” Which draw laughs and broke the sad atmosphere.

 

 

“Let’s start then..”

“Wait!”

“What’s wrong?”

“I have a song that I wrote..”

“You wrote a song?” I was surprised.

“It’s my first written song ever, do you want to hear it?”

She plugged the earphone in my ears, and I swam into the rhythm~

I couldn’t resist myself from tearing up!

“What happened? Is it that bad? I’m sorry Jiyong!” she whipped my tears off.

I took her into my arms, “Taeyeon-ah, I love you.”

“W-What?”

“I love you, really love you~” I held onto her tightly.

“I love you too Jiyong.” she caressed my back.

“Your life is a beauty really.”

“Because you’re in it.” She replied back which caught me off guard.

“How about making this the title song?”

“But this is really different from what I usually sing. I never sang something like this!”

“That’s why we should make it the title song, people would never expect that you would comeback with this kind of music. So when they hear it with this genre and especially by your voice, ‘What can she not do?’ would come to their minds. And they wouldn’t be able to guess what you would come with next time. Like this you would break the ‘OST Queen’ or ‘Ballad Queen’ that’s craved in their minds.”

“Do you really think like that? I’m afraid it would not work? I’m used to only sing ballad and OST’s.”

“Give it a try first.”

“Okay I will enter the recording room now..”

 

She sang it first as a demo, her voice is just.. Perfect!

 

“How is it?” she asked while staying at the recording room.

“It have something missing somewhere..” I thought about it “..a rap part at the first verse would complete it.”

“Rap? I can’t rap!”

“Not you, a man rap.”

“Of course not you.”

“Well, I’m dying to have a duet with you. But that will just bring us headaches and we won’t be able to live peacefully like now.”

“Do you have someone in mind?”

“Wait..”

“Hyung?” I called someone.

“Uh~ what’s going on?”

“Hyung can you do a feature part?”

“What? For whom?”

“If I tell you, you may faint?”

“Who is it? You’re talking as it’s BoA or SNSD..” and he laughed as it was a joke.

“Uh? How did you know?”

“Stop joking around-” I sounded serious back then “Jiyong are you talking seriously?”

“Yes.”

“Which one of them? BoA? SNSD?”

I signed for Taeyeon to come.

“Who is it?” she asked in low voice.

“Verbal Jint.” I told her, then gave her the phone.

“Annyeonghaseyo oppa~” she greeted him.

“O-Omo! T-Taeyeon-ssi?”

“Yes, Annyeonghaseyo I’m SNSD Leader Taeyeon.”

“A-Annyeonghaseyo, Verbal Jint. I’m a fan really~”

“Hyung what do you think?”

“Ya Jiyong are you for real? I’m doing a feature in Taeyeon’s song?”

“Yes. I’ll send you the song now, just write a free style rap with your own Hip-hop style.”

“So I’m really doing it? If this was one of your doings I’ll-”

“Don’t worry hyung, I’m waiting for your work. Talk to you later.” And ended the call like this.

 

“We finished the rap part like this.”

“How did you find him this easily?”

“Verbal hyung is genius, he can write you a whole song while drinking. So this would be a piece of cake for him.”

“It’s my first time talking with him.”

“Don’t you dare to talk with him without my knowing. Let’s continue~”

 

And like that we paused this song for a while and decided to start with the next one..

 

“Kwon Jiyong!” our president called suddenly.

“Yes?”

“Why SNSD Taeyeon is here?”

I looked around and saw the CCTV zooming at us.

“We’re working.”

“Work? What work?”

“Lee Sooman will call soon.”

“What?-” I ended the call.

 

“Can you end the call like that?” Taeyeon asked in surprise.

I went toward the CCTV and covered her.

“I didn’t say anything wrong, and why would he spy on us? what if I wanted to kiss you like last time?” by that her face went red.

“I’ll go into the record room.” She hurried there shyly.

 

The next song called “UR” it’s one of the most emotional songs that I have ever written till now.

When I was guiding Taeyeon on how to sing it, as I looked up at her.. her face was so wet with tears.

“Ya what’s wrong?” I dried her tears genteelly.

“i-it’s just t-too full with e-emotions.” She stuttered while crying.

“it’s okay.” I caressed her back.

“How did you w-write this?” she asked while drying her tears.

“While thinking of you.”

“Of me?”

“You’re a light that shined my life Taeyeon.” I told her sincerely “You’ve changed my life, ‘U R’ my star.” I dried her new tears that fell down again “Go now and pour all your emotions into this song.”

She nodded.

“Taeyeon..” I called her, she turned before entering the recording room. “..I’m happy to be with you.”

She smiled finally~

“Me more.” She replied and continued her way in.

Like this our recording of the first song started..

“Are you ready?”

“Yes.”

“1,2 cue~”

 

 

 

 

For a long time, in my heart,

Full of clouds, it rains

For warm sun to shine,

I sincerely hoped.

Raindrops that wet my shoulder,

When I dried, I alone,

Was so afraid that it would remain.

 

You are like a light, after the rain has passed,

You come up in my heart, like this.

 

Cause you are, the light that fell on me,

You are, like a beautiful dream,

With seven rays, the whole world,

Is dyed even more beautifully, always.

Yeah U R.

 

On top of an empty green hill,

Rainbow becomes a roof.

I lay still underneath and look at the sky.

This throbbing I felt for the first time, with peacefulness of the world

More loveable than anyone else

 

When I turn my head, at your smile,

Unknowingly, I reach my hand out, like this.

 

Cause you are, the light that fell on me,

You are, like a beautiful dream,

With seven rays, the whole world,

Is dyed even more beautifully, always.

Yeah U R.

 

When the rain that wets my windows stops,

Under the Rainbow, you must be waiting.

The stories I couldn’t say,

All of the secrets I couldn’t do,

I want to deliver it today

 

You are always beside me,

You are inside of my tender heart,

Even more shining and beautifully,

It fills the night sky,

You’re my star

Yeah U R, Oh U R

U R, Oh U R

 

 

 

 

Normal people get to record again and again hundred times because of that their vocal unmatched the verse, or they couldn’t reach the real note, but our recording wasn’t cut once and twice because of mistakes that Taeyeon did.. Instead it was because of the tears and over-emotions that Taeyeon brought while singing.

Suddenly while she is singing, I would be closing my eyes to focus on her voice out there.. then to hear a hiccups and silent screams.

We recorded this song over 38 times just because of Taeyeon’s over emotions while singing it.

Our music engineer was about to have a heart-attack of us today. First of all, SNSD leader is here. Secondly Taeyeon’s voice is one of the most heart wrenching voices in this industry. So every time she sing he would be so into it, till she breaks into tears, he would also tear up with her. Until the end when we finally got to record this song successfully.

 

“Kwon Jiyong!” he shouted at me.

“What’s wrong Hyung?”

“S-Stop writing emotional songs like this!” he told me with teary eyes and left.

I laughed at him.

“How is it?” Taeyeon came out.

I spread my arms widely. She ran into them~

“You worked hard.” I caressed her hair.

“Thank you for everything Jiyong.”

I tighten the hug, “Taeyeon, just promise me that you will wait for me.”

“Wait for you?” she looked up at me.

“I won’t be able to be with you for the next month. I’m sorry!”

“I waited for you a half year, of course I would be able to wait a month.” That made me feel bad.

“Thank you for being with me.”

She smiled~

 

“Ehem..” someone cough, which broke our hug.

“P-President..” Taeyeon bowed down.

“How are you Taeyeon-ssi, I’m seeing you around more often these days.”

“What’s wrong hyung?” I asked him.

“I got the call just now.”

“And?..”

“ ‘And?’ How can you take this decision and make a deal without my knowing and approval?”

“I’m just taking a role as a producer for another artist.”

“Another artist? Another artist! It’s just SM golden girl!”

“Hyung..” I eyed him for Taeyeon presence right beside me.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon-ssi, you could understand me right?”

“Yes, I’m sorry.”

“Why would you be sorry? What did you do wrong in this?”

“Jiyong!”

“Hyung, I made my decision. I’ll produce Taeyeon’s album, and my fee would be for making a solo concert for her.”

“Jiyong are you insane? If this news came out, do you know what will happen?”

“I’m doing this as a producer, not as Taeyeon’s lover or anything.”

“Do you think they would believe or even listen to this?”

“I don’t care.”

“Do you really want to do this?”

“Yes.” I firmly told him.

“Then don’t put your name in this.”

“W-What?”

“Like I said, you won’t be given credit for your work.”

“Yang president..” Taeyeon called.

“Okay.”

“W-What? Jiyong-”

“As long as I can produce your album, I’m fine with everything.” I told her.

“Why do you want to produce this album this much? I’ve begged you so many times for producing other YG artist’s albums and you’ve always refused, why?”

“Because it’s her first album, I would never let anyone produce my woman’s first album.”

“My w-woman?” he was startled.

“Yes, She’s my woman.”

“Jiyong..” Taeyeon held on me.

“Kwon Jiyong, do you know what you’re saying right now?”

“Hyung we should leave right now, and from now on.. don’t let anyone enter this studio, and please turn off the CCTV of this studio when I’m here. You know we could do..” I gave him a look that made him understand everything.

“Okay. But this talk didn’t finish here, we should continue it next time..”

“I got it.”

 

Like this we could run away from him this time.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

SM Building – SNSD practice room

City of Seoul – Gyeonggi Province

 

 

Next day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter