Chapter 31

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana twirled her plastic straw in between her fingers as she sat in the calm coffeeshop. It was relatively early, around 7AM and she was the only customer in the establishment. Even the high school boy manning the register didn't even look awake. A chocolate chip muffin laid untouched in front of her as her eyes focused on one lone man sitting in the corner.

She had her suspicions that he was someone working under Jinhwan. He had followed her everywhere she went. 

Getting to her feet, she laid a few bills down on the table before picking up her muffin and heading out the door. Her keen sense of hearing informing her that the same male had left as well. She wanted to scoff at how obvious he was but knew better. 

She strolled the streets as the sun flew higher and higher into the sky and more people lingered out of their homes and into the streets. She turned a corner and mentally smirked at the large crowd of people that were gathered by the stalls. Quickening her pace, she weaved through people, attempting her best to get rid of the trailing man behind her. She wanted to go home but couldn't go home if he was following her.

She frowned as she noticed that he hadn't lost him yet.

"Hana!" A worried voice called out as she looked up to see Luhan gazing at her as his eyes shifted from worry to relief. Thinking of a plan in her head, she botled in his direction.

"Hana-" He started but let out an oof of surprise as she collided with him.

"Jagiya." She cooed as she laced her fingers with his as he looked at him in alarm.

"What are you-" He doubled over and let out a whimper in pain as she stabbed him in the side with her finger.

"Play along." She hissed. "The guy in the black baseball hat and sunglasses has been following me around since 5AM."

Luhan glanced behind him secretly as his eyes narrowed before he muttered something underneath his breath. No doubt telling the others about the new information before he straightened to his feet.

"I was looking everywhere for you." He complained as he pulled her closer to his side. "Why'd you run off like that?"

"Sorry jagiya." Hana continued in a sickly sweet voice that made her want to puke. "I just wanted some alone time."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter