Chapter 12

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan should have known that nothing lasted forever. Although he was making progress with Hana, Sanghyuk had come by with a warning.

"Break up with Hana or else they're going to kill her."

Luhan blinked at Sanghyuk who was sitting in his office. His two members, Kiwoo and Donghyuk were fidgeting rather uncomfortable under the scrutiny of EXO in the living room.

"Why should I believe you? You kidnapped my girlfriend." Luhan snapped angrily.

"You have every right not to believe me. But are you willing to take that chance? Look, I don't like you and you don't like me. But one thing about our rivalary all these years, have I ever harmed anything of yours while they were in my custody?"

Luhan was quiet as he processed his words only to come up blank. Sanghyuk had never intentionally harmed anything. He roughed them up a bit and made them shaken but other than that, he never touched a hair on their head. 

"How do you know this?" Luhan asked quietly as Sanghyuk rose an eyebrow in surprise. The rival leader had never seen Luhan look so meek or this weak. It was as if someone had just taken the spark out of his life and he was stuck wandering the darkness forever.

"You really love her don't you?" Sanghyuk asked as Luhan looked away but the answer was evident on his face.

"Look Luhan." Sanghyuk shifted in his chair. "Putting our rivarly aside, I see Hana as a friend. She may seem differently but she's a rather interesting person and after being around her, I don't want anything to happen to her either. As for the information, one of my boys was hacking around on some forum he goes on. Don't ask what it is because I don't have the faintest idea, but word on the street was they're planning to use her to get to you."

"I can't break up with her then." Luhan stated with finality. "They'll go after her if she's out of this house."

"Little Luhan, you've forgotten about the code."

Luhan frowned as his eyebrows furrowed.

"The code Luhan. God, how are you a mafia leader if you forget the code?" Sanghyuk clucked his tongue. "Gang members are unable to touch innocent civillians to gain an upperhand aganist another gang member. Meaning, right now, everyone knows you're dating Hana. A move on her is legit. Explains why I was able to get my hands on her and not have a riot caused. But once you break up with Hana, she's protected by the code. Don't you remember a couple of years ago how that mental guy thought it'd be funny to go after Kiwoo's ex girlfriend."

Ah, Luhan did remember.

"He was tortured by all the gang leaders in the room." Luhan muttered as he winced, recalling the rather gruesome image.

"There's your answer. Break up with Hana and she's protected."

Luhan was at a loss. He didn't want to break up with her but at the same time, he couldn't risk her safety for his own selfish reasons. What was he suppose to do?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter