Chapter 29

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana sat silently in front of a gray headstone. She picked at the long grass that had been forgotten, making a neat pile. Her legs were aching from crouching for hours, but she didn't care.

"Ahjumma. It's Christmas." Hana whispered out as she continued to draw circles into the dirt with her fingers. Her frame shook from the cold as white snowflakes landed in her hair. She wasn't remotely dressed for winter, the thin black HBA sweater not even providing her the slightest bit of warmth during the cold.

"We have the guy who killed you. He's in our basement but he won't give us answers."

Hana's teeth chattered as she finally sat down into the cold wet ground, paying it no mind as her legs began to grow numb. Contemplating, she decided to lie on her back as she stared up into the sky, the snow coming down a lot harder than it did a few moments ago.

"Ahjumma, maybe I can finally meet you now."

A small yet broken smile made it's way onto Hana's lips as she closed her eyes, the numbness finally overtaking her body.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hana!" Luhan's frantic screams rang out through the empty cemetary. He tried calling her cellphone again but it only got sent straight to voicemail. It was cold and snowing but Luhan didn't care. He needed to find Hana.

"Hana!" Luhan yelled again as he ran forward through the snow, checking behind every gravestone. He felt like giving up but he couldn't. He wasn't going to let Hana spend Christmas alone.

Luhan froze as he spotted a lump in the smooth flat surface of the ground. He ran forward and fell to his knees, frantically brushing the snow off of Hana.

"Hana." He whispered as the girl didn't stir. She looked like an ice princess with snowflake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter