Chapter 39

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana sat on the plush leather couch, toying with her black gun that sat idly in her lap. Zelo had his gun trained to the back of Hyunjin's head while Mark and Yugyeom were standing behind Hana in protection. Daehyun was sitting calmly beside her while Jongup had gone to stand guard at the door, not that he needed to anyways. Lay had informed Hana through the earpiece that everyone downstairs were in handcuffs and being lead out of the building while various remembers did floor by floor sweeps for stragglers.

Hana rotated the gun in her hands as Hyunjin's eyes nervously flickered between the gun in between her fingers and the door. He calculated in his head his chances of survival . The chances looked slim to none but he had to try didn't he?

"I wouldn't do it if I were you." Hana drawled out as he nervously froze and stiffened in his seat as her dark and cold eyes met his own quivering ones. Sweat rolled down his forehead as he stared into her empty ones. He was terrified.

"By the time you even make it to your feet." Hana rested her elbows on her knees as she leaned forward before resting her chin on her hands. "You'll be dead. Zelo never misses. You should know that by now, after all, you're the one he's been working under all these years while the rest of us has been undercover."

"W-what do you want?" Hyunjin stuttered out as Hana lifted her perfectly shaped eyebrows and casually shrugged her shoulders before leaning back onto the chair with her feet propped up on the coffee table.

"You know what I want." She stated simply as he fidgeted even more.

"The police will find you!" He started, his voice wavering but he had to be confident. He couldn't show fear. "They'll arrest you for doing this to me!"

"Will they?" Hana asked. "I don't know what they would gain from arresting us. It's you they want, not me."

"You work for me!" Hyunjin countered shrilly as he started to move forward only to freeze as Zelo grabbed onto shoulder and forced him back down onto his seat.

"On the contrary." Daehyun spoke up, "My team and I work with Hana and her team. We've been asked by the federal government to take you down. To be honest, we're just stalling for time."

"I want answers. You will give them to me." Hana stated evenly as Hyunjin let out a hyena like laugh.

"Why would I tell you anything?"

His eyes widened as he let out a howl of pain as Zelo slowly trailed a pocket knife down the edge of his face drawing tiny specks of blood as they spiraled downward.

"Each answer we don't like. You get a ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter