Chapter 1

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twenty year old Hong Hana grumbled slightly as the sunlight peeked through her curtains before rudely slamming into her face as if to make itself known in the darkness of her room. Crinkling her eyebrows, she huffed before tugging the blanket over her tiny frame as her eyebrows softened considerably only to be rudely awakened by her phone ringing obnoxiously by her bedside.

Grumbling, she stuck an arm out and felt around for a few moments before letting out a curse as something fell to the floor with a loud thud. The offending object continued to ring obnoxiously, but this time it also began vibrating at the same time. Two times the sounds and irriation for Hana. She grabbed the phone off of her floor before swiping her thumb over the sleek and black screen of her brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone.

"Hello?" Her sleepy voice rang through the mouth piece as the voice on the other end let out a chuckle.

"Good morning sunshine." The deep masculine voice resonated through her ear. A smile curved itself across her lips before she answered.

"Good morning oppa." She responded as she shuffled out of bed and picked up the fallen water bottle, placing it back on her bedside before deciding it was best to throw it out. How long had that bottle been sitting there? Was it days? or weeks? or even months? Hana had no idea. Hana cringed as loud shouts and doors slamming seeped through the thin walls her apartment offered. It was probably the couple down the hallway or even the drug dealer next door.

"You're still living in that terrible place?" Luhan asked increduously as the shouting only grew louder and louder.

"I have no choice oppa. You know that." Hana spoke patiently into the phone.

Unlike Luhan, Hana didn't have rich parents. In fact, Hana didn't have parents at all. Abandoned at a young age, she was raised by the orphanage director, Mrs. Park. She was an kind old lady who didn't have children of her own. She looked after all of the children until her death which caused the orphanage to shut down. But at 18, Hana was lucky enough not to be transferred to another place. As a result, due to her hatred for her parents, she hated adults and any form of authority.  She would cut class, talk back, get tattoos, get piercings, smoke. Anything a rebel would do, Hana did.

If she had continued her downward spiral, she would have been dead by now.As cliche as it was, she only stopped when she met Luhan.  Luhan was an exchange student with several other boys. When they had first met, Hana hated him. He had everything that she would only dream of having. But Luhan approached her first, he took the first step and for once, Hana had friends.

"Find a better place Hana. A safer one. I'll pay for it so don't worry about the cost." Luhan tried coaxing the young girl but as always Hana refused.

"I'm fine oppa. Really. I still owe you money for the phone you got me."

Luhan let out a loud sigh as he shifted in the chair he was sitting in.

"That was a gift. You don't need to pay me back."

"Then what about the money for groceries? And tuition? and books?" Hana countered as she gathered her clothes and headed for the bathroom.

"I like spoiling you Hana. Who else am I going to spend the money on? Tao?" Luhan snorts as Hana let out a giggle.

"I need to shower oppa, I'll call you back after okay?"

"Mhm." Luhan made a noise on the other end. "Or you can just keep me on the line."

"Yah!" Hana scowled into the air as a smirk fit itself across Luhan's pink lips, not like Hana could see it anyways.

"Okay fine. Call me after. I love you." Luhan whispered softly as Hana's eyes softened into crescent moons.

"I love you too."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan placed his phone on his large desk as he leaned back into his plush leather chair. His office was large but simple. There were large windows that were overtaken by the bushes underneath that had grown massively large over the years. There was a small fire place with two leather arm chairs in the middle.

Pulling open his desk drawer, a silver handgun laid gleaming as the sun's rays bounced off. Picking it up, Luhan weighed it in his hands before tucking it into the wasiteband of his jeans and draping his shirt over it concealing it completely. Rising to his feet, he placed his phone into his pocket before leaving the room and locking the door behind him.

Along the long corridor, several of his men were milling about, each giving him a bow in respect. Unlike moments ago when his eyes were full of life and happiness, none of those emotions could be found. Instead, his eyes were clouded and emotionless. The darkness of his eyes seemed even darker in the sunlight.

He stepped into the foyer, where his group of his trusted friends were waiting for him. Truthfully, he had gone to South Korea to recruit for his alliance. He had no intention to fall in love with Hana at all. He didn't want friends or someone to love and yet, somehow Hana slowly but surely crept into his ice cold heart.

"On the phone with noona?" Tao asked as he stood on the heels of his feet bouncing slightly.

Huang Zitao was head of the Huang branch based in Qingdao, China. He was a lethal weapon and valuable asset to Luhan's team. With cunning dark eyes and his expertise at swords, he was someone you didn't want to mess with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter