Chapter 10

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan watched with bright eyes as Hana darted her way through Kyungsoo's greenhouse. Ace, followed loyally by her side as she skipped around admiring all of the flowers. It had to be 1 AM but Luhan wasn't tired. Just watching Hana being carefree brought all of his lost energy back to him. Luhan frowned as Ace stuck his nose aganist Hana's leg and allowed her to pet his ears. Luhan was jealous of a dog. How sad was that? But even through all that, it was small moments like these that made Luhan believe there was still a chance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jiejie?" Tao cautiously called out from the other end of the living room. 

Hana was getting better bit by bit as days passed. She was now able to be in the same room as them without shaking like a leaf although if they were still too close it still set her off. The relationship between her and Luhan was strained but Luhan was patient. He was delighted when she spoke to him directly and on occasion hung onto his shirt sleeve. Although he desparately wanted to hold on her hands, he was content with what he was able to get.

"Hi Tao." Hana responded the back fo Ace's ear. Ace sat up, regarded Tao for a few moments before lying back down in Hana's lap. The dog hadn't left her side for a moment. Even when she was in the bathroom it sat outside waiting patiently. Everywhere Hana went, Ace followed her obdiently. Whenever she could feel an anxiety attack rising, Ace would would distract her with couple of tricks that Luhan had taught him.

"Do you want to go out?" Tao inquired with hopeful eyes. "The weather's pretty nice today. You must be bored being stuck in the house all day."

Hana was hesistant before she nodded. "Okay."

Tao's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree as he dashed out the door. "Let me tell the others and then we can go!"

Hana let out a small chuckle before standing up and stretching her legs. Ace whined, knowing that she was leaving him for a couple of hours. He stared at her pitifully, pawing at the bottom of her ankle before sitting on his hind legs.

"Hey." Hana crouched down before holding softly onto his cheeks. He gave her a loud bark and her face. "I'll only be gone for a couple of hours. I can't take you everywhere Ace. I have to learn to be by myself.

The dog snorted and gave her a "You can take me everywhere" look as Hana brushed the back of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter