Chapter 40

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blue and white flashing lights surrounded the building as Hyunjin's men were led out one by one. Hana sat on one of the steps, with her back leaning aganist a tall pillar watching the struggling men amble by while throwing curses left and right. The front of her shirt was stained with blood while the black badge with the police insignia hung from a small silver chain around her neck.

Mark and Yugyeom glanced uneasily in her direction, watching as paramedics patched up the small cuts that she had lingering on her face. Mark quickly grabbed ahold of Daehyun's arm before dragging him in their small corner.

"What's wrong with Hana?" Yugyeom hissed. "I hate the fact that Mark and I had to slip out in the middle of the interrogation. JB is such a pain."

"We shouldn't have listened to him." Mark muttered. "We should have just stayed."

"Hyunjin said it only began."

Both boys froze as their eyes slowly trailed to lock themselves on Daehyun who looked equally grim. All three of their eyes drifted toward Hana who remained motionless as she stared straight ahead, toying with the badge that hung around her neck.

"You don't think she believes its her fault right?" Daehyun asked. "Because it's not. We're mostly to blame as well. We didn't see the signs of him playing us."

Yugyeom shrugged as Suho motioned for them to go over.

"It's not her fault but she won't see it that way. To her, this was a failed mission."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loud music blasted from the club speakers as barely dressed girls danced around. Girls and guys mingled everywhere, pressed aganist one another. Hana sat at the bar toying with the straw in her alcoholic drink. Her fist curled and curled in her lap as she let out a sigh.

"Rough night?" The blonde haired bartender asked her as he wiped a glass clean.

"You have no idea." Hana muttered as she gulped the remaining alcohol in the glass before placing it back on the countertop just as another glass was slid in her direction.

"On the house." The same bartender nodded in her direction, flashing a sympathetic smile before serving another patron that was seated at the bar.

The burning alcohol made Hana hiss in pain, but the burn felt nice. Finishing off her glass of alcohol, she left some money on the counter before pushing through the doors and letting the warm air greet her skin. Although, it was dark out, the bright and full moon provided enough light for Hana as she made her way down the street. It wasn't even midnight and everyone was out and about.

She slid her badge across her scanner as the night guard saluted in her direction as she made her way into the prectinct. There was barely anyone there, just a few stragglers from other departments working on other cases but each of them bowed in respect to Hana as she m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter