Chapter 26

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan stared through the glass, his fingers clenched tightly in his fist. The smell of disinfect and the bright white walls made him cringe. Lay had decided it was best if Hana was sent to the hospital, she'd be able to get around the clock care. Of course, two of them would always be there. After all you could never be to careful.

It had been three days since the rescue mission. Three long and painful days. Hana had to be sedated 24 hours a day. The one time that she wasn't sedated she had turned anything she got her hands on into a weapon. Luhan slowly walked in as Hana's dull eyes flickered in his direction. A therapist had been coming around once a day as well but to no avail. The one hour that she stayed, Hana was content just staring at her blankly while she talked about anything, attempting to get Hana to open up.

"Hi Hana." Luhan waved as Hana blinked in response watching him as he sat in the rather uncomfortable chair the hospital offered.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine." Hana stated simply as she continued to stare. Luhan had grown accumsted. As long as she wasn't throwing weapons at him or trying to kill him, he didn't care if all she did was stare at him.

"Do you want to go outside today?" Luhan asked as he shifted in the uncomfortable chair. He watched as Hana frowned, her one visible eye crinkling as she did so.

"It is safe?" Hana questioned as Luhan nodded.

"I won't let anything happen to you." Luhan promised as he got up from his chair as Hana watched him curiously. "Plus, Ace won't let anyone near you." The door slid open as Ace walked inside, his paws clicking on the ground. Getting him into the hospital had been a pain in the . The hospital had a hard rule of not allowing pets unless it was a service animal but JB's fit + Shownu's biceps added to Mark's glower and Yugyeom's cold stare had the hospital staff relenting. Not to mention, Taehyung had stared at the nurses unblinking for a good 5 minutes, his eyes dark and cold.

Ace let out a whine as he took in the sight of Hana. JB had explained to the dog about Hana's situation which Kris thought was extremely hilarious. But although Ace was a dog, he was a smart one and could read human emotions. He sat on his hind legs as he gazed up at Hana. Hana reached out with one of her hands as Ace ed his wet nose into it, wolfing in content.

"Okay." Hana whispered as Luhan helped her out of the hospital bed and into her shoes. He made sure that the needle injecting sedatives into her system was taped tightly to her arm. He didn't need a repeat of last time. 

Luhan gently placed a blanket over her lap before pushing the back of her wheelchair. Ace walked loyally at her side as they zig zagged their way around the other patients. Two of Luhan's highly skilled bodyguards were following behind closely, dressed in their crisp black suits as their eyes darted around behind their dark sunglasses.

Entering the small park like enclosure, Hana could feel the sun gently shining down on her as birds flew through the air, chirping as they did so. Luhan pushed her gently as Hana gazed outwards, her lips pressed into a thin line. Her mind was empty. She hadn't really had any thoughts in awhile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter