Chapter 19

Her Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana huddled her knees to her chest as she sat in the empty shower. The scalding hot water sprayed over her body as her wet hair clung to her skin. She was staring blankly at a spot in the white tub. Taehyung's words kept ringing over and over again in her brain, it was as if her brain had turned into a broken record player and was saying the same words over and over again.

"And what? Let you do what you were planning to do after school that day?!"

Her nails dug into her skin as she bit down her lip. Her eyes clouded as her tears dripped out of her eyes mixing in with steaming water until it was swept away through the drain. She could feel the metallic taste of blood in as her lip bled. But to Hana, the pain didn't hurt. No, it felt nice. It was her escape.

Numbly, she shut off the water before drying herself off and slipping on a pair of fresh clothes. She swiped the palm of her hand across the mirror erasing some of the steam revealing her reflection. Her damp hair hung limply past her shoulders. Hana wanted to scream, she wanted to cry. She wanted to break everything in her past.

She stared at herself and grew sick to her stomach. GOT7 would always pour piles and piles of compliments in her direction but she couldn't see why. She hated the way she looked. It was always taunting her. Her dead eyes stared back at her. But then, the girl in the mirror smirked.

"It doesn't it? Being alive?"

Hana froze as her fingers curled into fists, her nails piercing into her skin. No. Why was this happening now? Why did her conscious have to voice her deepest thoughts and shove them into her face?

"Don't you remember what you did in high school? Or rather, what you wanted to do in high school?"

Of course she did, she remebered everything. On the day, Luhan had swooped in, she had decided she was going to jump from the roof of the school. She didn't want to live anymore, she didn't have anything to live for.

"Don't you think it's better if you were gone?" Her reflection taunted her, edging her to do what she should have done all those years ago.

"Deep down Hana, you know what Luhan did wasn't wrong. He did it for you. But what did you do? What did you do Hana? He hates you. He'll never love you again no matter how much you apologize or how much you love him."

Hana's eyes darted around the sink as they landed on the silver razor. It was taunting her, begging her to drag itself across her white skin. Letting her feel the pain that she desired.

"One cut wouldn't hurt. It'll set you free Hana. Just one cut." Her reflection kept taunting her over and over again. 

With slow hands, her fingers wrapped themselves around the blade before bringing it closer to her chest. Sitting on the ground, she leaned her back aganist the wall as she stared at the blade. The shine bounced off from the light as she stared at the edges. Bringing it to her wrist, she winced as she swiped it across. The bright red rushed out of her skin as the pain came but slowly disappeared. Again and again, Hana swiped at her wrist until it was a bloody mess. The blood wouldn't stop pouring ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter