[Taeyong X Jisoo] End of the End

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Requested by: soojungtaemin
Inspired by: Infinite's "The Eye"


Taeyong slowly opened his eyes, not really wanting to wake up. He knew he had a ton of things to worry about, including school. But that wasn't the worst of his worries. Yes, it had been months since he broke it off with Jisoo but the memory seemed to haunt him. He turned to his side to see that his roommate wasn't in his bed. Taeil, unlike Taeyong, was a good student who had a scholarship running for him. Taeyong was more of an ordinary student who sometimes got into trouble because of how ordinary he was. 

"Don't you have an exam today?" Taeil asked Taeyong when he noticed the younger waking up. "Why don't you study a bit?"

"What time is it?" Taeyong lazily sat up, ruffling his own hair," And how did you know I have an exam today?"

"Mark told me," Taeil answered," And it's 6 AM. You could freshen up a bit before reviewing."

"Why would Mark tell you? Ugh," Taeyong groaned, holding his head. It hurt like hell. "Darn it, I shouldn't have taken up Johnny's offer with drinking."

"You shouldn't even drink liquor. You're not of legal age yet," Taeil told him, shaking his head," Also, you should waste that extra time you have with studying. I wonder why Mark idolizes you."

"I also wonder how we're still roommates," Taeyong snapped back before standing up,"Alright, I'll study. I do want to pass."

"That's the spirit. By the way, I'll come back a little later than usual. I have to deal with my thesis," Taeil told him," Not that you would notice because you'll go home late too."

"I have no reason to go home later now," Taeyong closed his eyes before opening them again. "I only went out late because of Jisoo. She's a nightowl, after all. It's either we went to the club or we stay in her dorm to watch Netflix."

"Right," Taeil awkwardly nodded," You have to move on sooner or later, you know. Jisoo's not the only girl you know. And you're fairly popular, Taeyong. You have a lot of girls dying to date you."

"Thanks," Taeyong showed a small smile," I'm flattered."

"No problem, buddy," Taeil turned his eyes back to his notebook," I just want you to know you can be happy, even if Jisoo's not with you."

 

Taeyong decided to head to the library after his classes ended. Maybe he needed to concentrate on something else so he could forget Jisoo. Taeil always told him to study instead of lamenting over the fact it was all over for him and Jisoo. He took out his notebooks and tried to absorb everything taught in class that day. He was lucky enough he wasn't in the same school as Jisoo. He was in a boys-only school while Jisoo was in a girls-only school. They only met through mutual friends and dated soon after.

As he was flipping through his notes, he saw a little doodle Jisoo did in his notebook. He remembered when she did it. They were studying for their exams together. Jisoo was too bored to study so she stole Taeyong's notebook and drew something in it. Now, Jisoo wasn't the greatest artist so Taeyong considered the drawing abstract. And it had a special place in Taeyong's heart. 

He shook his head. He shouldn't reminisce his memories with Jisoo. It would only lead to regret. After all, he was the one to break up with her. He regretted that decision for days on ahead, until that moment. But he knew it was for the better. Jisoo needed a better man, a man who could make her improve and push her to her dreams. Taeyong was not that kind of man. He didn't help Jisoo cure her addiction to parties. He spoiled her too much. Sure, they studied before exams, a promise he made with Jisoo's father, but that was it. 

He should've moved on already. It had been months. He could see that Jisoo already moved on also, since he saw her with some guy when he was walking in Itaewon. But it was so difficult. He loved Jisoo more than he loved himself. It was as if he was stuck in a storm. He pushed himself away from the table before looking up to stare at the ceiling. He could imagine how it would've been if he didn't end the relationship there. 

But he had no choice. He didn't want to damage Jisoo any more. He wanted her to improve herself without him. And he hoped that was the case with her current boyfriend. He wanted to end his feelings for her at that moment, because she seemed happy. He stood up after putting his things in his bag. He left the library and headed towards his dorm. 

"Thanks for everything, Jisoo," he whispered," but this is the end."


A/N

HI OMG IT'S BEEN SO LONG I AM SO SORRY I just had my prelims and I'm still getting used to the school I transferred into. ANYWAYS, I'm going to try to update a little bit more since people are demanding the siblings, Wonwoo and Seulgi, very siblings goalz. HAHAHAHA anyways, love you, guys <3