[Junhoe X OC] Serene

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Inspired by: iKon's "Apology"


It was serene. The beautiful scenery in front of Junhoe calmed him for some reason. He felt the gentle breeze blow against him. He could hear Jinhwan singing from the other room. It blended well with the cricketing from the bush. Junhoe felt calm and he was able to think clearly. 

"Why? Why can't you just tell me you don't love me anymore? That would've hurt less."

Junhoe's eyes twitched when he remembered her cold words. His breathing hitched but he somehow calmed himself once more. He didn't want to remember any negative memories. No negative thoughts for Junhoe. Not now, while they were preparing for their solo concert. 

"Sure, yeah, you're right, let's just end it here. Let's end it while it's early."

Once again, his breathing hitched. He inhaled deeply after closing his eyes. He tried to remember good things like when he finally debuted as a YG idol. He tried remembering the times when they performed as an idol group. Junhoe tried to concentrate on the good things life offered him but alas, one of the best things life gave him was her. 

"Let me go, Junhoe. It's over. You were the first to walk away, not me. Goodbye."

Junhoe tried to surpress his tears. He held up his hand and stared at it. His palms were already sweating. His hands still remembered the heat of her wrist. His throat felt dry after remembering how much he shouted at her. He shouted at her with the loudest voice he could've given. He was filled with anger at that moment but as they say, control your emotions, don't let them control you. 

And because of that anger, he lost her. 

"I'm sorry for breaking our promise, for destroying your dreams, for lying to you all this time. I still love you, I do but I know it won't work out while I'm like this."