[KrisHo] The Answer

Sinistral Drabble Collection

It had been more than a year since Kris left Suho alone. 

It had been more than a year since Kris said those cruel words to the leader. 

"I'm done. I need to leave. I'm sorry, Suho, but it's over."

Those words still pierced Suho's poor heart. He wanted Kris to come back but he never did. He wanted Kris to be by his side. He wanted to be in his arms again. He wanted to hear those sweet words again. He wanted to have someone he could rely on again. 

But Kris will never come back. 

Suho knew that in his poor heart but even so, he hoped for his return. Every night, he would sleep at the living room so whenever Kris would ring the doorbell, he would be the first one to welcome him back. Every night, he cried himself to sleep, thinking of how hopeless this was. He thought he looked pitiful. He thought he looked weak but he didn't care. He wanted Kris back. He was the only remedy to the heartache he felt. 

No one in EXO could cheer the leader up. Even after so many attempts, they failed to make Suho smile whenever they were at the dorm. Even Baekhyun couldn't get a slight smile from the leader. Everyone knew Suho was messed up after his break up with Kris but they never expected it'll get this far. 

Suho slowly reached for his phone and dialled Kris' number. Of course, Kris would never answer. He never did before but Suho always tried. He always hoped he would answer. Kris will answer. Suho knew that. But Wu Yi Fan? He might never answer his calls. Suho never accepted that change, when Kris turned into Wu Yi Fan. And he always wished he would turn back to being the Kris who enveloped him in his arms. 

Suho remembered how they met and how they fell in love with each other. He remembered how the members reacted when they confessed they were dating. He remembered everything, every little detail that Kris might've forgotten. He remembered how Kris used to request Suho to sing for him. He remembered how Kris used to hug Suho tightly whenever he felt homesick. He remembered the warmth he felt, the love he felt when he was with Kris.

But everything disappeared.

Nothing's the same anymore. 

Suho knew that and he hated change. He wanted to rewind time so that Kris would still be in EXO. He wanted to rewind time so that Kris will still be by his side, supporting him through every obstacle. He wanted Kris back. He wanted the past back but he knew he could never bring it back. It was an impossible feat. He needed to content himself with the situation he was in right now. 

Suho remembered what people would ask him, like what he wanted for Christmas or his birthday. 

What did he really want though? 

The answer was simple. The answer was Kris. 

Suho only wanted Kris back. And he was so desperate to have him back.