[SungJoy] Not Sure

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Continuation of Chapter 4


Ever since Joy confronted Sungjae that way, never did she show herself to him. Sungjae still saw Joy passing by his room though but she never turned her head to him. If she ever did, it would probably be a mistake since she would frown right after. Sungjae never heard Joy talking about him or gushing over him. Sure, his classmates still about Joy but Joy never added oil to the flames. She ignored their remarks and continued on her life, as if Sungjae never existed. 

Sungjae was supposed to be happy, right? But he wasn't. And he wasn't sure why. Every time Joy turned her head away from Sungjae's direction, he could feel needles piercing into his chest. Was she really that serious? Was she really going to move on? Did she turn the love she used to feel for him into hate? Why was he even worrying about it? He didn't like Joy.

Right?

But something was telling him otherwise. Sungjae wasn't sure what. 

As Sungjae walked towards the cafeteria, he saw Joy conversing with a senior of theirs. It was Chanyeol, that senior everyone loved. Chanyeol was really cute, according to his female classmates, and he was a great singer. He also played the guitar. He made most girls in their school swoon. And Sungjae suddenly felt uneasy with the thought that Joy might be one of the girls he swooned.

Sungjae overheard their conversation, rather accidentally. 

"Sunbae, I appreciate the sentiment but I'm in the middle of moving on," Joy politely said before bowing her head.

"Come on, Joy," Chanyeol gently smiled at her. "Just give me a shot. I promise I don't bite."

"I know you don't bite. Come on, sunbae, we're almost like childhood friends but still..." Joy avoided his gaze. 

"Did Sungjae reject you or something?" Chanyeol asked. "You don't usually look this sad."

"Sunbae..." Joy's voice slowly faded. "Nevermind, how about going out to the movies on Saturday?" 

"That would be--"

Sungjae moved on instinct and he found himself in between Chanyeol and Joy. 

"Sungjae?" Joy blinked a few times before stepping back. She never expected saying his name again. 

"Don't go with him," Sungjae said firmly. Chanyeol smirked in amusement. 

"And why is that?" He asked. "She knows me longer than she ever knew you."

"I'm not sure why," Sungjae inhaled deeply. "But she's like an old favourite song. Even though I thought I forgot about her, I know I still know the lyrics by heart. And I don't like it when someone else appreciates this song more than I did. And I never realized I liked that song until it was too late."

"Sungjae, what do you mean?" Joy asked, her eyebrows scrunching together.

"I mean," Sungjae faced Joy. "I don't want you to like any other guy but me, Yook Sungjae, got it?"