[Jungkook X Yeri] Wake Me Up

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Request by: NabilaBMJ 
Continuation of Chapter 7 
Inspired by: "Save Me" by BTS 


Each day Yeri spent without Jungkook was a nightmare. She would open her eyes without a morning text from him. She would hear Irene from outside, arguing with their manager about her case. She would hide the bruises on her face and arms. She paid the price of being in a dating scandal. They were merciful to her though. This wasn't half of what the older idols went through. Since she was still a high school student, they couldn't do much or they would suffer legal charges. They could only trap her in a room while the others could eat outside. 

Yeri was in a scandal, way too early in her career. She dodged every question about Jungkook skillfully. SM preferred hiding her from the limelight too. Even though the older members wanted to rescue her from hell, they all knew they had no choice but to distract the media. Wendy was going to various variety shows; Irene was MC-ing; Joy had WGM; and Seulgi had photoshoots. They needed to do everything so that no one will remember the scandal about Yeri.

"Wake up, brat," the manager hissed. "We have to go to the main building. The boss told me to bring you to him."

Yeri meekly nodded before standing up. She felt dizzy and weak. Maybe because of the lack of food SM gave her. They were strict towards her after all. She was the newest member of Red Velvet. She was also the youngest SM rookie to debut. She was the only '99 liner SM idol while Mark hadn't debuted. She wanted NCT's debut to come closer so the attention won't be centered on her. She wished time would flow faster but she knew it will never happen. She needed to be patient.

"Here?" Yeri pointed at the door. The manager opened it and told the rookie to go in. She did. She had no choice. Though her heart was filled with fear, she had to look strong and professional. This was her workplace. This wasn't a playground, it was a battlefield. She saw the board of SM seated in their respective seats. And up in the front, in the middle of it all, was the CEO, Kim Youngmin.

"G-Good day! I'm Red Velvet's maknae, Yeri!" Yeri bowed. The old men and women in the room only stared at the young idol. Kim Youngmin gestured to have the manager lead Yeri to the front. The manager did so. Once Yeri was in front of Youngmin, he stared at the young lady. He grabbed the rolled newspaper near him and hit Yeri's cheek with it. 

"You are an idiot! After that scandal with Kai? And Baekhyun? I solved them quickly because at least Krystal and Taeyeon are in the same company but you," Youngmin narrowed his eyes. "You had to flirt with someone from a small company. That was stupid. It would've been better if you got someone from YG or JYP."

Yeri wanted to speak up. Even though Big Hit was a small company, they were making it big. And it was because of Jungkook's group. But the sting on Yeri's cheek was too much. She was rubbing her delicate hand over it. But she thought it could be covered up by make up. Yes, a small amount of concealer with good coverage could solve her problem. 

"Aside from that, from a group more famous than you," Youngmin breathed in. "Try having Red Velvet top the charts like EXO could before you date. You saw what happened to that insect Sulli right? Do you want your fans to vanish, huh? Do you want to be targetted by the netizens? They're tongues are shaper than knives, you know, Yeri. Maybe you don't know since you're such an idiot."

Yeri wished she could defend herself. Just because Red Velvet wasn't as famous as EXO didn't mean they didn't have hearts. Yeri loved Jungkook. She fell head over heels with him. He was the prince she wished every night before she slept. She might be a child in front of him. She might be small compared to someone called the "Golden Maknae" but she didn't care about titles, about sales, about anything. She loved Jungkook for who he was, the same went for Jungkook. He loved Yeri even though she was just a rookie, even though she lacked experience compared to him. 

"But maybe," Youngmin rested his back against his chair. "This might be a nice way to promote our name. Associating a rookie with BTS, that might be a smart move. BTS is rising in the industry after all. Maybe this Jungkook could help us pull Red Velvet up there. After all, you're replacements for f(x)."

"I..." Yeri opened . "I don't want to be considered a replacement for f(x)-sunbaenim. I'm sure the others feel the same. We want to rise as Red Velvet, not as the better version of f(x). Aside from that, I don't want to sound rude or anything, Mr CEO, but I don't want to use oppa as a means to rise to the top. I want people to see us as Red Velvet. I want people to see me as Yeri, not as Jungkook's girlfriend. Also, he and I broke up days ago."

"That's a nice philosophy, Yeri, but," Youngmin turned away from Yeri. "Nevermind. Bring her out of the room. Let her train for their next comeback. You need to get consecutive wins, like EXO could, like SNSD. NCT might even go ahead of you."

The manager nodded and brought the young idol away. Yeri felt something lighting up in her chest but she knew she could control it. She didn't want to explode in front of the CEO. She didn't want to be fired. She wanted to be an idol, even though SM wasn't the best place. The environment was fine. When she was a trainee, her vocal trainer and dance trainer were kind to her. All of the trainees like her were kind. But she guessed she wasn't used to being an idol. It was a different place. She was onstage; she wasn't a plan B anymore. She was an idol. Of course the company will be stricter when it came to her. 

The manager left her to Red Velvet's practice room. Before leaving her, he warned her many times about being careful. Yeri did notice his gaze turn softer when he reminded him of her situation. Once she entered, the other members hugged her tightly; Irene was the first one. Yeri couldn't stop crying. Her knees went weak and she ended up kneeling on the floor. 

She knew Jungkook was the only person who could heal her at that moment but she also kept in mind that Jungkook already broke up with her. He promised. He promised her that he'll never let go when the time comes. She felt her heart being crushed in pieces. She felt fear consuming her. She was so scared. It was like she was in a nightmare and she desperately wanted to wake up, to wake up in Jungkook's arms. She knew Jungkook will save her someday and while she was waiting for that day, she needed to stand up for herself and prove she deserved Jungkook.

"Eonni, don't worry... I can handle this," Yeri forced herself to show a smile," after all, I'm Red Velvet's maknae, Yeri, right?


A/N

I know this seems short. And it is shorter but I was lazy af HAHAHAHA I hope I managed to give the same feels but I'm sure I didn't since Jungkook didn't appear here so... Yes. This is just a reminder to all of y'all who are too possessive of our idols. They deserve happiness okay? They might suffer a lot behind the camera so yes. Let's cheer on our idols without getting anyone hurt