[Taemin X Seulgi] Midnight Rendezvous

Sinistral Drabble Collection

Request by: JungHalla


Seulgi looked up to someone in her entertainment company. Though she never really talked about it with her members, she'd rather have it to herself. They might think it would be love or something sillier. She only felt admiration for her senior. That senior debuted around 6 years before she did, despite the one year difference between them. She knew him because he always trained until the morning. She admired how hardworking he was and she wanted to be the same somehow. Maybe that way, Red Velvet could keep up with SHINee. 

"Taemin-sunbaenim..."

Taemin turned to the door's direction. There, relaxing her arm against the door's frame, was Seulgi. 

"I told you countless of times already to call me oppa," Taemin smiled at her. Seulgi stepped into the room and closed it behind her. "Do I really not look like an oppa? I'm asking Jong-in for advice on how to look more like a man."

"It's not that," Seulgi shrugged," I mean, it's too casual, calling you oppa, you know. We're not that close."

"We are," Taemin pouted," You just don't agree with me. We dance every night together and train."

"If that's the measurement of closeness, I'll be closer with NCT," Seulgi crossed her arms," Come on, Taemin, you're turning 23 soon. Those are childish whims."

"They're not childish," Taemin argued," But they are personal. You're hurting my feelings, Seulgi."

"You never change," Seulgi sighed," Will you stop if I call you oppa?"

"Of course I will! Since you're going to do what I want you to do," Taemin smiled brightly. "So will I hear that two-letter word* after my name?" 

"Alright," Seulgi crossed her arms," Taemin-oppa."

"Finally!" Taemin ran towards her and hugged her tightly. "You made my night. I'll teach you a dancing trick because of that. Something you could do in variety shows."

"I appreciate it more if you'll let go me," Seulgi whispered. Taemin's face grew red and he slowly let her go. "No need to apologize. Just teach me already."

"I will! I will!" Taemin frantically went to the speakers and turned up the music," I'll also show you a bit of our new song. You'll be the first one to see this, aside from the CEO, choreographer, manager and other members."

"I'm so flattered," Seulgi said sarcastically before laughing," Go on."

 

Ever since then, Seulgi frequented Taemin whenever he was training overtime. It was more frequent compared to the past. Her members did notice and a few times. Irene warned her once, since it might start a controversy. Seulgi reassured her since no one outside the company would know about these late-night meetings and it was not like Seulgi and Taemin were dating. 

"Do you want to go solo someday, Seulgi?" Taemin asked as he stretched his legs. Seulgi rested her back against the mirror. 

"I do but I'll get to that point years after," Seulgi answered," I mean, we're still considered rookies, after all. EXO-sunbaenim should get people to go solo first."

"Hm," Taemin shrugged," It's difficult to go solo, y'know? But it's worth it. Like, when you have fanmeets or like promotions, and the people who cheer for you, people are there to support you. You get a sense of importance, like your existence means something."

"I noticed that," Seulgi whistled," But isn't it difficult? You have to pay back for all the costs you spent on the MV, jacket making, everything, alone."

"It's worth it," Taemin smiled brightly," It really is. Your fans will be proud of you. Oh, by the way, I'll be promoting in Japan soon."

"Promote? Oh right," she snapped her fingers," SM let you release a solo MV?"

"Yeah, I won't be in Korea for a while," he pouted," You won't have anyone to teach you cool tricks."

"There's Jong-in-oppa, and the NCT boys are always open for me," she told him bluntly," But I admit, I'll miss you."

"That's flattering," he chuckled," I hope you success while I'm not here."

"I hope you'll top the charts then," she said before she stood up.

"Let's dance for one last time?" Taemin approached the speakers. 

"Sure."


*Oppa, in hangul, only has two letters.